Strength Of The World

02

It had been a week since I had moved in with Matt and Val; things were going really good so far. I was great friends with the guy’s girlfriends, I haven’t had any urges to find drugs, and things were okay between Brian and I.

The guys were busy with organising their next tour so I decided I would take a walk the place; it was such a nice day but it was normally a nice day in Huntington Beach. I was enjoying the sun on my skin as I walked along Main Street; I’d missed this, just walking around with not a care in the world.

The smile faded from my face when I heard my name being called out from behind me; I instantly knew the voice and a shutter of fear ran through my body. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I slowly turned around to see my worst fear walking over towards me, Cole had found me already.

“Lexi! How are you? When did you get out?” Cole asked me as he stood in front of me; I looked up at him and I couldn’t see what I loved about him. Sure he was still good looking but I could now see it in his eyes, I could see the controlling jerk that he was.

“I was great before I saw you, and I came home last week” I said simply not wanting to be around him for very long; I hadn’t taken drugs since I went to Outreach but I didn’t know how I was going to do if I was around them or around the people who I did them with.

“And you didn’t call me or come see me? I’ve missed you so much Lexi, I haven’t seen you for so long” He told me softening his voice as his eyes burned into mine; my eyebrows pulled together in a slight frown.

“That’s because I didn’t want to see you Cole, I have my life back now and I won’t let you destroy it again. I want nothing to do with you, after I told the staff at Outreach not to let you see me I really thought that would give you the hint. But obviously it hasn’t so I’ll tell you again, I don’t want anything to do with you Cole” I said firmly looking up at him; I used to be so scared of standing up to him, but not now.

“I’ll see you whenever I like Lexi” Cole snapped at me harshly as he grabbed hold of my arm tightly; I tried to pull my arm free but that just caused him to pull me closer to him. I whimpered softly in pain as his hand tightened even more on my arm.

“Cole let go of me now” I told him as I glared at him; I grew scared when I saw the dangerous smirk form on his face. I knew I was in trouble now and there wasn’t anyone around to help me; Cole suddenly started walking across the street making me follow him as I still struggled against his firm grip.

He lead me down the street at a fast pace so I had to walk briskly just to keep up with him; I could practically feel the bruise forming on my arm from his hand and it was really starting to hurt. My eyes widened as he started pulling me down an alleyway and that’s when I really started to struggle and fight against him; but of course all my work did nothing for me.

“Cole please, don’t do this! I’m sorry alright, I’m sorry! Please just let me go” I said as my voice cracked with fear and my eyes started to water; I knew what was going to happen. He was abusive when we were together and I knew he hadn’t changed at all; I just hope the end result isn’t too bad this time.

“Shut the fuck up Lexi! I’m doing this for you, to teach you a lesson!” He said loudly as he threw me into a brick wall; I gasped in pain as my shoulder slammed into the wall hard. Cole wrapped his hand around my throat as he pinned me against the wall; which is right when the tears started falling down my cheeks.

“Cole, please” I begged him as my hands gripped onto his arm; I looked into his cold, dark eyes as more tears fell taking my mascara and eyeliner with them. Cole was always someone who loved seeing others scared of him and right now I was terrified of him; which just pushed him on.

“If I can’t have you then no one else will, no one will even want you after I’m done with you” Cole said in a low and dark voice; the type of voice that sends a shiver of fear down your spine. Cole pulled back his arm as he held onto my throat and then slammed me back against the wall; I bit down on my bottom lip hard to hold back my scream.

No matter what Cole did to me I was going to try and stay strong; he could hurt me but I wasn’t going to give into him. I knew him so well so I knew what he was looking for; he wanted me to fight back but I wasn’t going to.

The smirk returned to Cole’s face as he threw me to the ground; I hissed in pain as I slid along the rough ground a little. I had to bite down on my tongue as I was pulled back up by my hair; once I was standing again he got a good grip on my hair and punched me with his other hand, the force causing me to fall again but he just pulled me back up by the hair.

He kept punching me everywhere he could; in the face, in the stomach, in the back, in the sides. I could feel blood running down my body as his punches cut open my skin; sometimes he would let my hair go and let me fall onto the ground, where the ground would also cut my skin.

I was thrown back onto the ground and as I cried out in pain I started crawling away from him; I heard his evil laugh as he walked after me and when he was standing over me, I rolled over and kicked upwards. He groaned in pain as my foot connected with his groin; Matt had taught me how to fight against a guy and right now I was grateful he did.

I scrambled to my feet ignoring the throbbing pain that my body was in as I made a run for freedom; but sadly I didn’t get all that far when I was pulled backwards by the back of my shirt. My chest hurt from how much I was crying as Cole threw me into a few garbage cans; I groaned in pain as I pulled back up onto my feet which I could stand on with the amount of pain I was in.

“You know better than to run Lexi” Cole taunted me as I was thrown into a tower of wooden crates; I felt some of them break from my weight being thrown on them. I could feel some of the broken wood piece stick into my back which of course didn’t help with the pain.

My eyes were becoming heavy as I started seeing black spots in my vision; and this time I was actually welcoming the blackness, I wanted to pass out so badly. I couldn’t take the pain anymore and this was my escape which I so badly wanted to take; the longer I stayed conscious the more beatings I was going to receive.

“No one will want you now bitch!” Cole spat at me as my eyes slowly started fluttering shut; I could barely make out his figure now but I still felt the pain as he kicked me in the stomach once more, before he finally walked away from me.

I laid in the alley for a few more minutes which in that time I kept hearing this familiar noise; but for the life of me I couldn’t remember what it was and it sounded so close yet so far away. I closed my eyes and waited for the darkness of unconsciousness to take over me; I didn’t have to wait all that long before I fell into the black hole and everything around me just vanished.