It ended with tears.

1/1

Thunder crackled up above as she ran down the deserted road, the rain pounding itself on her as if it were bullets. Lightning shining on her as it struck close by. The moon barely visible through the dark, gray clouds of the night sky as it moved along it taking the light it had.

Stepping into a crack between two buildings, she hoped he wouldn’t find her. Looking around her surroundings she had to find a place to hide. The brick red walls with graffiti written all over it had two trash cans, much too small to fit in, against it. And the bags around it just weren’t enough. A dumpster was much too high to climb into. She ran further down hoping to find a door, but luck had seemed to be nowhere near her as it was earlier that day.

“No! Stop please!” She said giggling. She held onto his hands before he could touch her again. He subsided and just wrapped his arms around her, put his head on her shoulder from behind and kissed her cheek lightly.

“Now, why should I let you go?” He asked with a smile that was stretched across his whole face.

She tilted her head to the side, put her finger on her chin and pretended to think. She curled her lips to the side in a little pout.

He wrapped his arms tighter waiting impatiently for her answer. She turned her head all the way to her left and looked at him in the gorgeous, green eyes of his. Before she answered as she returned the kiss he had given her with one of her own on his cheek.

“Honestly, I can’t think of a reason that makes me want to.” She grinned at him.

“Well, that’s good to hear. I wasn’t planning on letting you go.” He stated clearly happy.

He let go, grabbed her hand and pulled her to a nearby bench. They sat quietly enjoying each others company and the beautiful day it seemed to be. Soon after hours of sitting there it seemed the weather wanted some turn of events. Rain clouds started to cover up the beautiful sun and the light blue sky along with it.

Not long after they were walking home. He left her at her house with a kiss and a promise to see her later.


The fire escape stairs soon came into view and looked convincing enough to climb, but she had no strength to pull herself up. And the rain would’ve made it hard to grasp the bars securely.

The sound of pounding feet was not far heard behind her. She knew he’d turn eventually. Risking a glance back and to slow her pace, she instantly regretted it. With the beatings she had got from him made her weaker than him in his drunken state.

The tears falling down her face and the rain droplets made difficult to see the person that was ahead walking toward her. She right away wished it wasn’t a friend of her fathers. Her dad running after her right now had some friends that enjoyed watching his victims in pain.

She knew about her fathers sick little games he had with women and friends. That’s why she never saw her mother again. She just prayed for that it will never be her one day. And now, this day, she had fallen into that category. She didn’t give in and this was the turn out.

A hand grabbed her arm with so much force it jerked her back and cause her to slam into a wall. She knew she heard a crack from somewhere in her back. She felt her body fall to the ground and go limp.

The soft glow of the light on the building highlighted the outline of her father’s body and showed the scowl her father had pasted on his face. Fear drowned itself in her body.

“You little bitch!” He glowered down at her. “If only you didn’t resist,” He pulled a knife out of his pocket. “And if only you didn’t run away like the fucking moron you are I wouldn’t have to do this.”

He crouched down to her level. He grabbed and pulled at her hair to make her face look into his dull eyes. “If you only let me have my fun and not make me run after you like a dumbass, you could’ve been gone in the morning with that stupid ass of your boyfriend. But you didn’t. And you know what I do with the unwilling.”

The next thing she felt made her scream and have her throat close itself on her at the same time. The knife penetrated her clothes and ripped the flesh of her stomach. Her father watched as his daughter cried out in pain and couldn’t care less. He pulled the knife out slowly making the pain worsen. He then thrust it forward again. This time it was just below the cut.

The pain was inevitable. Each time the knife went in her skin she felt death come nearer. All the while she fought against her father with whatever strength she had left inside her. Alas, she heard the hope she had seen earlier.

“Hey! Stop!” A man shouted. The knife tearing at her skin stopped. Her father turned his head slowly to see the intruder of his small crime or as he saw it his right doing. A smirk slowly formed on his face. He left the knife in his daughter’s body and stood up.

This was none other than his daughter’s boyfriend. The boyfriend took in the scene and clearly understood what the father was doing. And he was out raged. He took a step forward and lunged.

They landed with a hard thud on the cold, hard, wet floor. With each punch and kick he threw at the man he was returned with one after or after the man could throw one back. The boyfriend now on top of the man grabbed the knife, that the man had almost killed his daughter with, and with some much aggression plunged it in the mans throat.

He got off the now lifeless body of the man and hurried to his girlfriend. He saw blood gushing out of every each way of her body. He didn’t know which part to press to, to stop the bleeding.

He felt a hand brush against his. His green tear-filled eyes looked in the gray ones of his girlfriend.

“You can’t save me.” She faintly said to him. He shook his head not wanting to believe that.

“I will never forget what you did. I will always remember you.” She said with so much love in her voice it didn’t match the pain she was in.

“No, you can’t leave me. I can’t be without you.” He shouted at her. She paid no attention to that.

“And, I’ll always watch you from above, Zachary James Baker.” She said with the last breath she had.

“And, I’ll always watch you from down here, Emma Marie Evans.” He murmured. And then, he hugged her and cried into her body as the sound of sirens came.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!