Status: Slowly continuing :]

The Betting Exchange

010.1

Once again, Zach was gone when she awoke. The bed was neatly made and the curtains were drawn open. His absence didn't matter much, though. Sunny, who was currently feeling the beginning of a back ache, wasn't keen on conversation in the morning. Curled in a ball, she tried to salvage a few more hours of sleep. When the sun arched over the bed and onto her futon, she groaned.

Instead of her usual morning shower, Sunny splashed cold water onto her face. She didn't feel like being caught naked again by Zach. From the bag Zach had brought her, Sunny grabbed a toothbrush and some toothpaste. Freshened up to the best of her abilities, she stared herself smugly in the mirror.

The first thing she noticed was that she looked deathly pale. Compared to the usual sun-kissed look she maintained, Sunny looked like a ghost.

Maybe if I finally got some food in me, she thought when he stomach rumbled.

The kitchen was gloriously stocked. Zach's snack food pantry rivaled her own in capacity. However, it wasn't a handful of chips she was looking for. To quell her hunger she'd have to prepare something. Sunny wondered if there was any more pancake mix in the cupboards.

Reaching high above her head, her fingers brushing a box of instant oatmeal, she tried to picture herself: no makeup, dirty pajamas, and a frustrated look on her face. Admitting defeat, she laughed and leaned against the counter.

Just as she was about to settle for the chips she'd seen earlier, Zach came in on her left. He was dressed in a suit, just came in from work, yet he smiled pleasantly.

"Shall we go out for lunch?" He said, gesturing towards her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another fight coming up? Perhaps... or maybe we'll learn a little more about Zach.