Proverbs and a Midnight Song

PS I'm fat.

"You're going to love this!" Cori said grabbing Frankito's hand and walking back out the door.
"You guys are fucking bastards...I hate you"
I froze. I knew that voice only too. Oh God please don't say it's...
"WELCOME HOME JIMMI!!!" Tre screamed pushing Billie Joe into my room before turning and running out the door. The door closed with a loud bang and I flinched as I continued to stare at Billie who was...covered in...duct tape. I crinkled my brow and scratched the back of my neck trying to recover one of the many memories that I had pushed away.
"Please? C'mon Billie you know I have a thing for duct tape!"
I shook the thought from my head and walked over to Billie who still looked frustrated and embarrassed.
"Well...this is...rather..."
"Retarded" Billie said with a sneer "Adie's gonna kill me"
"Why?" I asked confused.
"Eh, she's been complaining that I don't spend enough time with her and when she finds out I spent the remainder of my afternoon with my ex girlfriend...well...it ain't gonna be no stroll through the daisies" Billie said angrily.
"Well here...I can untape you then you can head home" I said kneeling down, trying to find an end to one of the extensive pieces of duct tape that surrounded Billie's body.
"Oh yeah then what? Walk home?" Billie hissed.
"What the fuck crawled up your ass and died?!" I snapped ripping the bow off of his chest. Billie sighed and leaned up against the back of the luggage rack.
"I'm sorry...I've just had the worst day ever and this wasn't how I planned on ending it" he mumbled.
"Well sorry about your day" I said as I finally found the end of the tape, "And if it makes you feel any better, my day hasn't been much better"
"You wanna tell me about it?" Billie asked conversationally. I laughed and said, "Yeah, I'm gonna confide my problems to you"
"Who else ya got? Tre and Cori are both insane and won't take anything seriously and Mike isn't what you would call Mr. Sensitive" Billie said watching me as I began to unravel him.
"I don't need to tell anyone..." I mumbled as the first piece of tape broke away from the rest.
"Do you remember prying for hours on end trying to get me to spill my guts to you?" Billie asked.
"No" I lied, averting his gaze and trying my best to concentrate on the tape.
Billie laughed and said "You're lying"
I looked at him with an innocently confused look and said, "No...I'm not. I honestly don't remember"
"Sure Jimmi...sure" Billie said still smiling.
"God damn it Billie, stop acting like you know me so fucking well" I scoffed. "It's been eleven years, eleven God damn years, I've changed a lot and you honestly don't know a damned thing about me anymore"
"Still working on those anger issues I see"
And that's when he went too far. I raised and eyebrow and dropped the tape I was holding and stood up.
"Jimmi...what are you..."Billie said as I rolled him to the door "Oh c'mon Jimmi I was kidding! Don't do this!!...Jimmi!...Jim-"
I slammed the door and walked over to the desk where I picked up the binder then flopped down on the bed.
"Jimmi!!! C'mon this isn't cool!" Billie shouted from the hall. "I'm sorry, ok?! I didn't mean it!...Please!"
I stood up, grabbing one of the discarded pieces of tape, and walked to the door, pulling it open. I looked down at Billie who had a look of relief on his face. I smirked then bent down and slapped the piece of tape across his mouth. Billie tried to scream at me again but I merely slammed the door in his face. I then walked back over to the bed, sat down, and opened the black binder, trying to focus on my work instead of Billie banging his head against my door.
My head pounded as I tried to gain focus and Billie wasn't helping much outside my door. Fifteen minutes later he had somehow managed to break free of the duct tape binding his mouth.
"Nooooobody knows the trouble I've seen!!,,,,nobody knows my sorrow!"
I groaned in frustration and continued to stare at my little notes. Grenade. Heart. She's holding on my heart…
"Juuuust sit right back and you'll hear a tale a tale of a fateful trip!!!"
Oh fuck him. Fuck HIM! Heart. Grenade. And she's holding on my grenade….UGH!
"The mate was a mighty sailin' man the skipper brave and sure!!" And she's holding on my three hour tour…a three hour tour!
"FUCK!!!" I threw the binder aside and stormed to the door and wrenched it open where I glared down at Billie Joe who attempted to smile adorably up at me.
"Why do you insist on doing this?! Honestly come me a break here I'm trying to come up with a badass idea for your album and you're making it impossible!!! I'm singing Giligan's Island when I'm supposed to be focused on a fuckin' heart grenade!...." I froze and looked dead ahead. Billie opened his mouth dumbly but soon closed it as my eyes snapped down to meet his. "THAT'S IT!!!" I yelled and slammed the door in his face. I rushed quickly over to the bed grabbed my sketch book and began to form a quick outline.
"Jimmi my nose itches" Billie called through the door "I'm sorry alright? Now please come and itch my nose for me!!"
I jumped up from the bed and pulled the door open once more. "Billie I've got it!"
"Got what?" he said exasperatedly wiggling his nose in attempt to relieve his itching nose.
"Look" I said flipping the sketch around to show him. A rough hand clutched a grenade shaped like a heart. Billie looked with a slight aw. "You've always been the smart one" he said with a chuckle. "Ya like it?" I asked with a smirk. "I do. But I really don't want to think about that right now…The weather started getting rough the tiny ship was tossed!" he continued to sing.
"Billie please. Sing something decent my head is killing me. Please?" He gave me a bit of a smirk and singing
quietly.
"I sit all alone in my bedroom staring at the walls "
"Billie that's not going to work" I said with a slight sigh.
"Oh come on. It used to make you melt!" he said frustratedly. "I've been up all damn night long. My pulse is beating. My love is yearnin'"
"Do you want me to shut this door on your face again?" I asked arching an eyebrow.
"No no no!! not necessary!!" Billie said quickly. I smirked at him, grabbed the luggage rack, and pulled Billie Joe inside. When we were safely within the confines of the hotel room I found the end to the extensive line of tape and began the process of unraveling him. Finally he stood up and hobbled over to the bed where he freed his ankles and then nursed his now red arms. I sat down next to him gently and watched as he cringed under his own touch. Suddenly he became very still as I found myself reaching cautiously to touch his left arm. As my fingers touched his warm skin a jolt rushed through me that accelerated my heart to a rapid pace. I ran my fingers gently up and down his arm trying to control my shaking and my nerves. I stopped and pulled away looking up to see his brilliant green eyes staring intently into what seemed to be my soul. I could feel my breath quicken and I sensed his breathing following suit. There was a spark deep within those green eyes. A spark I had not seen in many years…

Billie's eyes sparkled as he lay underneath me. Our breathing was heavy and both of our bodies glistened with sweat. I was arched over him staring deeply into those beautiful eyes. I could feel every muscle of his being tighten as I moved. As I straightened up into a sitting positioned and lifted the hair off the back of my neck for a moment of relief, Billie Joe let out a deep shuddering sigh. I smirked down at him trying to find my breath. Billie wasn't having any of that. He sat up quickly and caught my mouth against his pulling me back down on top of him.

I shivered violently and tried to calm my breathing. I suddenly realized how close he was to me. I could suddenly feel his sweet breath hitting my face. I could feel the heat radiating off of his skin. I fought with my conscience. I knew to pull away. I knew I had to cough and awkwardly look away but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He was here…and I didn't want him to go. I needed him here just for the moment. I needed…just for a brief moment…

***

I needed to. Just for the one moment I needed to know what had happened to our spark. Once I knew I could forget all about this beautiful woman sitting next to me. I took a deep breath and leaned even closer brushing my lips against hers as I used to eleven years ago. Her reaction was just as I remembered it being. She let out a deep shuddering breath of anticipation. And ironically this reaction caused the same reaction in me that had occurred all those years ago but I knew I had to keep it reigned. I couldn't scare her away. Not now. Our lips continued a gently contact, mouths still closed, both of our breathing ragged. Her lips were even softer than I had remembered and I honestly wanted nothing more than to devour her. I pressed my lips slightly more firmly against hers but not enough to be considered rash. She wasn't my Jimmi anymore. She wasn't my crazy…hot…beautiful…sex addicted…Jimmi. She had grown up and I knew she wanted to take this slow…she was nervous…she was scared. She was unsure of what she wanted. She was thinking…

***

I can't stand this. This isn't right. But…
Suddenly I lost control. Something ripped from deep inside of me and took over. I wrapped my hands deep into his jet black hair and pull him as close as he could possibly be. His mouth suddenly opened and I felt his tongue touch mine. A moan passed through my lips as I tried to hold him even closer. Suddenly we had fallen back onto the bed and he was lying on top of me kissing me like the eleven years had never happened. His hands were traveling down my sides and I squirmed under his touch trying to force his skin to touch mine. His mouth ripped away from mine and began its way down my chin and found its way to my neck where he bit down softly. I gasped and entangled my fingers in his jet black hair breathing heavily in his ear as I felt his hot breath graze my neck.
"AHHHHH!!!!"
I lurched and push Billie off of me at the sound of the piercing scream. I bolted into an upright position and found Cori standing before us, her eyes bright and her crooked smile flashing widely. "Oh this is perfect!! Billie Joe you are brilliant! Now you can leave that stupid, no good, dirty little—"
"Cori please!" I yelled over her. "Look," I said standing up. "This wasn't supposed to happen and it will not happen again!" I continued, motioning to Billie Joe who's expression I could not see behind me.
"But you were—"
"Ugh, Cori!" I said grabbing her arm and dragging her outside the hotel room. "Look…Cori. What happened was a mistake. It was wrong and …and Cori you can't tell anyone"
"But Jimmi this is huge!"
"Cori, if you are or ever have been my best friend you will not tell a soul!" I looked at her fiercely trying to prove how serious this was. That was probably the only flaw that was bothersome about Cori: she never knew when to take things seriously which was probably why her and Tre made such a perfect duo. She ran a hand through her bronze hair so the flecks of blonde in it shimmered in the light.
"Alright alright. I won't say a word" she finally said with a sigh. I wasn't sure if I believed her but I had no choice but to trust her for the moment.
"Alright. Thanks. Now Cori please…please, please, please…just give me two hours of peace. I just need to—"
"Fuck Billie senseless?" she interrupted, "Don't worry I completely understand"
"No Cori! I need to sit and think. I need to get my mind OFF of Billie!" I said rubbing my temples and letting my eyes drift closed. When I opened them again Cori was staring at me with her head slightly cocked to the side. She bit her lip as if she had something to say but knew better than to push it.
"Alright then," she conceded. "I'm off for now"
I watched her walk away with a steady pace, her hair bouncing with each exuberant step. I groaned slightly and leaned against the generically wallpapered wall and watched the light across the hall flicker. I took a deep breath in and held it for a moment as I prepared to go back and face my ex boyfriend. I shook my head and made my way back into the hotel room where I found Billie laying on his back, hands folded behind his head, his breathing steady, his green eyes concealed behind his darkened lids. He had such a worn look about him…like he hadn't slept in days. He heard me approach for his eyes cracked open for a split second before falling closed again. I sat down on the bed and held my eyes on Billie's face trying to ignore the urge to pick up where we left off.
Billie took a deep breath in with his eyes still closed and said, "It was a mistake?"
I couldn't ignore the hurt in his voice as properly as I would have liked and I thought that my shaky voice would have most certainly given that away.
"Yes Billie. It was a mistake. What happened between us is done. It's over. You are married and quite frankly I don't want to be caught up in that drama"
Billie was now propped on his forearms staring up at me and it was frustrating that I couldn't read his expression. It caught me off guard. I had always been able to read Billie like an open book. I had known everything about him. I had known him better than he knew himself and I was able to tell him what he wanted when he couldn't figure it out on his own. I had always known what he was thinking at all times. But now I was embarrassed to ask what he was thinking and I decided to drop it and leave myself to wonder.
I allowed myself one more sigh before looking at Billie to say, "Billie…you need to leave."
He sat up fully now still staring into my eyes with deep thought. He opened his mouth to say something but settled for just a shake of his head. He stood up and gave me one last look, running a hand through his jet black disheveled hair before slowly meandering through the door. I closed the door behind him and felt tears welling up in my eyes, however this time it wasn't frustration that was causing the waterworks.
♠ ♠ ♠
oooh one subscriber. this excites me =]
Dear Alison,
You have ruined heaven.
Love,
Jonathon's Ghost