Keeping You a Secret

Une

I stared down at the case file, thumbing the corner. I had been reading it over and over for the last hour and nothing had come to me. The office was practically empty as I stared out the window, looking at the California sunset.

I sighed, leaning against the back of my chair. I ran my hands across my face, and closed the case file. I couldn’t find anything new with this unsub. Somewhere in this office a phone went off, blaring out the mechanical ring. It went unanswered.

The door knob turned shakily, and I turned around to see who it was. The door opened slightly, and Reid’s head popped in. I smirked slightly, turning back around again. He gave me one of those toothy grins. The door opened the rest of the way, and he stepped inside, shutting the door swiftly behind him.

“Hello there,” I turned around smiling again as he wrapped his thin arms around my shoulders and rested his head against them.

“Hello there,” he mocked me sleepily, a goofy grin resuming its place on his lips. He released his grip on my shoulder, and leaned in to kiss me softly on the lips.

I pulled away, slightly shocked. “Spencer you know not to do that at the office.” I sighed again, running my hand down his arm.

He shied from my touch, “No one's here, just Hotchner and he’s not even in the building right now.”

I avoided his gaze, knowing that he had a point. He sat across from me, his hands playing with the end of his tie. He was nervous and pissed off; I could read that boy like a book.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled quietly, grabbing his hand that rested lightly on the table.

“You always do this.” Spencer retracted his hand, letting it rest on his lap instead.

I felt hurt, but then again, I had no right to say that. “Are we going to have to this conversation again?” I looked him directly in the eyes, but he didn’t say anything.

He stood up, picking up his briefcase that lay against one of the table legs. He walked briskly past me, not even bothering to say anything to me. The door clicked softly behind him; he was always so delicate.

I groaned, picking up the case file again before walking out the door. I took a glance on the clock and read that it was close to eleven. I locked the door behind me, waving a quick good-bye to the officers that were left in the office.

I walked out into the chilly California night, and I wrapped my coat around my body tighter, shuddering at a breeze that went by. I looked over at the parking space to my right and found it was empty; Spencer had already gone back to the hotel for the night. The spacey beep of my SUV echoed through the parking garage. The soft hum of the engine replaced it as I sped off into the night.

I couldn’t get the episode with Spencer out of my mind today. We had one literally everyday,-always arguing never, acting like a normal couple. I sighed. He was right half the time, though. He was always so careful, always trying not to get me upset or provoke another fight, but I just couldn’t help it. I found Spencer’s car towards the end of the lot. I pulled in right next to his, shutting the engine and turning the heater off.

I walked out towards the hotel entrance and gave the doorman a friendly grin before stepping into the heat of the hotel lobby. I slid off my coat, carefully draping it over my forearm before making it into the elevators. As each floor passed, a slight ding went off and it meant I was closer to seeing Spencer again. The elevator stopped at the sixth floor, and I bid farewell to the frail little old lady who had stood there with me, giving me a sweet grin. I walked briskly down the hallway, stopping at room six hundred two.

I searched my pockets for my room key, but I couldn’t find it. I cursed myself mentally, peering down the hall way before knocking at the door softly. I heard the shuffle of feet from the other side of the door. Spencer peeked out of the door slightly before opening it and leaning against the door frame. He had already changed into a pair of blue plaid pajama pants and a plain white t-shirt, along with his usual beige sweater. He looked at me with a straight face.

I looked down the hallway, noting that it was completely empty. He crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for me to say something. I traced my eyes downward to the sliver of skin that had been exposed when he moved his arms. I stepped closer, tracing my finger over it, amusing myself. He squirmed and slapped my arm playfully.

“Come inside,” he finally said, that smile I loved reappearing once again. I shut the door behind us and grabbed at his sweater, bringing him closer to me.

He looked down, a blush forming on his cheeks. I wrapped one arm around his waist and his sweater dropped to pull around his bent elbows.

“I’m sorry about earlier,” I whispered in his ear. I felt him shudder under my breath and I pulled him in even closer. A stray hair fell out from behind his ear, but I didn’t care. I leaned in closer, our lips barely brushing. He leaned in the rest of the way, his hands grasping at my t-shirt. I raced a finger down his spine and he brushed away the hairs that had come out of place around his face.

“I can never stay mad at you,” Spencer mumbled, resting his head against my shoulder.

I pulled him closer, not bothering to say anything. I just let the silence encompass us, trying not to ruin how perfect this felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. :3
Comment/Subscribe?