One in a Million.

Four.

Tuesday, November 10th, 2009

Willow woke up that morning with a note on the pillow next to hers.

Good morning, Love,
Cortez called me late last night, and told me I had to come in early this morning. There were some… complications with the shooting. I’ll be back same time tonight, and I hope you have a good day at school.
I love you,
Andrew.


Willow smiled at the note, and placed it carefully on the bedside table. She stood up, stretching lightly before going to the bathroom and stripping, stepping into the warm water of the shower. It felt good as it ran down her body, as if it would wash away all her worries. Not that she had any, at this point. She planned to keep it that way for a while.

When she was done, she went downstairs, to find Bailey and Damien in their cage. She figured that Drew had let them out before he left for work that morning, but decided against leaving them there all day anyways. She walked them out to the backyard, and watched as they did their business and messed around for about ten minutes, before calling them back in. She checked their food and water, which Drew had already filled and renewed that morning. She finished getting ready then, before heading off to school.

|~|~|~|

When Willow pulled up to the school, she wasn’t too surprised to find Jenny bouncing over to her already. “Rumors are getting bad. People think you’re pregnant.”

Will rolled her eyes, “I figured they would. It doesn’t bother me much, just because they’ll see in me in nine months, no baby.”

They were at her locker now, seeing as Jenny already had everything. “I know, just thought I’d let you know. Not that anyone’s gonna mess with you, anyway. So, how did yesterday go?”

“Um, fine? You were with me for most of it.”

Jenny giggled, “No, not that! I meant after school with Mr. Gaskarth….” She lowered her voice and trailed off with a blush.

“Oh, no. You like him!”

Jen’s face got even redder, “A harmless crush, sure. But he’s cute! You cannot blame me!”

“He’s a teacher,”

“So? Not like anything’s gonna happen. A little flirting never killed anybody.”

“He’s married,” She shut her locker.

“Really? He looks, like, twenty.”

“Just married, apparently, moved down from Maryland with his wife.”

“Anything else you’d like to share?” Willow knew that in other words, Jenny wanted to know everything.

“Um, he’s a Blink-182 fan, moved here from Essex when he was seven, and he’s not very organized, from the looks of it. Oh, one last thing, he’s in love with his wife.”

“Well, I knew that. I’ve flirted with guys while I was dating someone.”

“He’s married to her,”

“You’re point?”

“You’re crazy, this is crazy. This better not be more than a harmless crush.”

“Yes, mother.”

“Good girl,” Willow smiled before walking into first period.

|~|~|~|

Alex saw her as he walked to the office to sign out. He was planning on going to pick up some quick Taco Bell before returning, seeing as Lisa wasn’t too fond on eating fast food for dinner. But as he saw Willow pass, he couldn’t help but stare. She was beautiful, no doubt about that, but there was more. She had a… confidence with the way she moved. She was untouchable, seemed so innocent.

His eyes followed as she walked to the cafeteria, lingering on her backside. Her tunic hugged around her torso perfectly, and her tight fitting jeans outlined everything, her hips swaying as she walked.

His mind automatically wandered…

He felt his pants tighten very slightly, before he groaned and turn away, sneaking a peek down. It was hardly noticeable, luckily. He sighed, before walking into the office.

He had to do something.

|~|~|~|

Willow sat down her tray, nearly falling into the seat besides Jenny. Stacy looked at her strangely. “Sorry, I’ve just been so drained of energy lately.”

“Drained? Ooh, what happened last night?” Nina suggested, raising a perfectly waxed eyebrow.

Willow laughed, shaking her head, “No! Not like that. Just all together, for the past few days, towards the end of our honeymoon, I was just so tired, all the time. We barely had time to-”

“Have sex?” Jenny.

“Engage in… activities?” Nina.

“Make love!” Stacy squealed.

Will rolled her eyes, “Actually, I was thinking along the lines of getting out of the hotel, you know, seeing the sites. Seeing as we did happen to be in France.”

“Sex is important in France, too.” Nina said, her mouth full of salad.

“That’s what I hear,” Stacy agreed.

“Are your head’s ever out of the gutter?”

“No.”

“Nice.”

“Okay, so, you said you’re feeling tired, out of energy all the time, right?” Willow nodded. Jen continued, “Well, have you been feeling… nauseous? Throwing up?”

Willow stared at her for a second before understanding, “Oh! No, I haven’t. We used protection, and I’m on the pill.”

“Why? You’re married, aren’t you?”

“We’re waiting until I’m out of high school, I’ll get a job, and if I can tackle it then, we’re planning on kids. But now? No, no, no, no, no, no, no.” She waved her hands frantically. “I’m not pregnant.”

“Never know. Just watch for the signs, okay?” Stacy said, putting her hand atop Willow’s.

“I’ve heard that some people don’t even show all the symptoms.” Nina explained, “If I were you, I would just go to the doctors, take a blood test, and call it a day. I’ll go with you.”

“Really, that’d mean a lot. I have nothing after school today, we can go to the walk-in clinic downtown, I’ll know by tomorrow.”

Nina smiled, “Okay, cool. I’ll just text my mom. And, what are friends for?”

Willow smiled.

|~|~|~|

Willow walked into Mr. Gaskarth’s room, right on time. As she passed his desk she muttered a quick, “Hey,” before going and sitting down.

Alex couldn’t take it. It was wrong enough that he was married, but even worse that she was his student. He couldn’t… interact with her. Strictly business.

He nods to her lightly, going back to his phone as he waits for the bell to ring.

When it finally does, he calls roll, keeping Willow under the name Smithson, and instructs the class to finish writing, his eyes not moving over her once. After that, he sat down, and began what must have been earlier classes’ writings.

The time passed quickly, and when the bell finally rung, everyone was relieved. Everyone except for Willow. She really didn’t wish to go to the clinic, in fear that she was if fact pregnant. Excuses, excuses, excuses…

She got her stuff together as people began leaving the class room, and walked up to Mr. Gaskarth’s desk. “Hey, um, I was wondering if there was anything I could help you with today after school. Again, not much to go home to.”

He looked up, “No, Ms. Smithson, there is nothing you can do today. And really, I don’t think you should be coming in on Mondays or Thursdays, either, I can handle it here.” He spoke a bit coldly.

She was taken back, “Why can’t I? And I know for a fact that teachers almost always have something that needs to be graded, or cleaned, or whatever the hell it is you guys have to do.”

“I don’t see why you’re making a huge deal out of this. I don’t need you, you can go.” He looked back down at his papers, ending the conversation. Willow just scoffed and grabbed her things before stalking out of the class room.

There was something off about him, and she was gonna find out what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here it is! Chapter four.
Sorry it took forever, I started to new stories (spare me).
I also have some linkage today.
Her outfit: Willow.
Simple and Clean- A new co-write I started with my friend. It has Rian Dawson and Alex Gaskarth. Not a slash.
Asphalt Angles- A new original I started. It's about six strangers, teenagers, who are 'stuck' on a road trip through the U.S. on one bus.
Read them? I'd love you forever!
So, alexsaur., the girl I'm writing the co-write with, and I came up with an idea.
Click here to sign a petition for Pete Wentz to get on Dancing With The Stars. We're not sure where we're going on this one, but, oh well :)
One more thing: Alex (co-writer) created a special Twitter for the ATL crew. Follow? That would be awesome.
And, do you like the layout? I barely changed it, I'll only change it if I get a new banner, so I just changed the colors of the background, and the links, and moved it to the right, (way to state the obvious).
Oh, and has anyone seen Avenged Sevenfold's new music video for 'Nightmare'? Wasn't it amazing? I love Jimmy's drum set at the end.
I'll try to get my next one out soon, so comments?
Comments= Clinic & wondering.
:D
Ash.