Hiding Bruises

The Girl No-One Knows ... (Yet)

Hiding Bruises- Chapter 1- The Girl No-One Knows... (Yet)

Hi, my name is Tina and I’m the type of girl you don’t notice. I started at Hogwarts 6 years ago and I think it’s safe to say that no-one has noticed me since then, well not for the right reasons anyway.

I do well in all my subjects, in fact my scores are probably the best in the year, but the teachers don’t think of me as clever. This is probably because I never put my hand up in class or voice any opinions or ideas during discussions. That doesn’t mean I don’t have any though.

I’m the one who when my names called out on the register and I’m not in everyone looks round, confused, trying to work out who exactly is missing.

Well, except a few that is, but they don’t tell anyone they know me or who I am, it would take to long to explain and besides, they don’t want me being noticed, it would spoil their fun.

They’re not my friends, no way. They’re my tormentors.

They are a group of prejudiced, evil, hateful Slytherins (I’m in Gryffindor by the way, I’ve no idea why though as I’ve still to discover my alleged ‘braveness of heart’). The leaders of this group are Irving Mulciber, Charlton Avery, Severus Snape and Bellatrix Black.

Mulciber is broad and strong whilst Avery is quite skinny. Avery is normally sent to find me by the others to tell me where to meet them.

I know what you’re thinking ‘meet them’? Huh? That’s what I thought to begin with, why would I go and meet them when they’re so horrid to me? The answer is this, it’s worse is I don’t. There are consequences if I ignore them, they taught me that in 2nd year when I didn’t show. I would rather be attacked in private, I don’t want the whole school knowing what they do to me on a monthly basis. So I just spend my time waiting for Avery, wondering when he’ll come for me, hoping it’s never, knowing it won’t be.

Snape is tall and lanky and has dark greasy hair, he always has a terrible smirk on his face that makes me shudder every time I think of it and cower in fear whenever I come face to face with it. I hate him, I’m terrified of him. I would have to say that he is the scariest person I have ever met. If there wasn’t Bella that is, and there is always Bella.

Bellatrix Lestrange is the pure personification of evil. She is the one real leader of the group because all the boys are scared of het too. She is tall and ghostly white because she never goes out into the sun. She skulks around the castle all day, looking for victims to prey on, and I just happen to be her favourite one. She has black hair that makes her appearance even more corpse-like. Her matted locks stick out from her head in all directions and her eyes, her eyes. Her eyes are dark and sunken into her head like those of a dead body. They stare out of her face at you like giant whirlpools; every time you look at them you can see yourself being sucked into them. There is a whole universe in her eyes, a distorted, devastating deadly world where she alone rules and you must do her bidding, or pay the price. No one can hold her gaze for more then a few seconds, well maybe one, Sirius Black; her cousin is the only person I’ve ever seen look straight at her without flinching away.

Sirius Black is a Gryffindor and is one of the self-proclaimed ‘Marauders’. They are Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin, James Potter and Sirius Black. James and Sirius are both drop-dead gorgeous and hilarious, though quite big headed. Sirius is a bit of a heart breaker and James has had his fair share of girlfriends although there’s only one girl he really likes (Lily Evans, a red head Gryffindor in our year). Remus is just the sweet heart of the school, though he’s never dated and is as handsome as the other two he’s lovely and kind and smart. Peter is short and squat and no one really understands why he’s one of them.

Every one adores them (except the Slytherins), boys want to be them (well not Peter, but you get the idea) girls want to date them (except Pettigrew obviously). They are the school heros and troublemakers, even some teachers practically worship them despite the fact that they are always in detention (James and Sirius are anyway).

I hate them.

Well, not them, just what they do. Every time they play a prank or get into a fight with a Slytherin (which is pretty often let me tell you), I have a little run in with Bella and the others.

I don’t hate them; I just wish they’d give it a rest for a little while.

I’m sick of hiding the bruises.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it!!! Thanks for reading. Please review to let me know what you think!!!!!
I know not much has happened so far but I just needed to put a little intro chapter at the beginning to introduce Tina. I know Bella wouldn't have been at school with the Marauders but it just works for the story.
This chapter is quite short but hopefully they'll get longer (I like to get them out quickly though so they may not).
Just to warn you, the whole thing may not be from Tina's POV but some of it will be.
PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You. Lily :) x