Status: currently rewriting, check a/n's for updates and information. thanks!

Meet Me at Midnight

Sixty Seconds

Sixty seconds is all I had. The thing I feared the most was that time would speed itself up, but instead slowed down, as if fate was extending my sixty seconds to do this.

I felt like I was in one of those movies where the main character slowly turns around in the airport and sees her lover standing before her. He proclaims his love for her and precedes to tenderly kiss her. When he brakes away he tells her he will be waiting in that same spot on the day she comes back.

As I stand here with Eric I feel like this is my cheesy chick flick moment.

"Caroline" Someone calls right before I am about to enter the terminal

I turn around. When I feel my chocolate brown hair hit my shoulder blades, I know that my sixty seconds have started.

My boyfriend, Eric is running towards me.

"Hey" He says when he reaches me

"Hi" I reply, a little shocked to see him "Whatcha doin'?"

"My sister wanted you to have this before you left" He hands me a picture of about dozen chocolate chip cookies. I chuckle. "She wanted you to have them to eat on the plane, but you know...security rules, but she wanted you to know she made them and obviously didn't trust me enough to tell you"

"You came all this way just to give me a picture?"

He blushes "Yea, it's what Lucy wanted"

I gently wrap my arms around his neck and tip toe up to for our lips to meet. When we brake apart he says "Have fun. I'll see you when you get back"

I smile and peck his lips one more time and walk back to the terminal.

"Hey Carr" He says before the door is about to close. Time's running out. The door is inches from being shut. Why isn't he saying anything?

Time again slows itself. Ive already used up my sixty seconds, what more can he say? Why is he taking so long?

Right before the door slams shut I hear "I love you"

That's why.
♠ ♠ ♠
Same ideas, same story, just a few minor changes to the begining and charactor names. I know that some of you really liked the charactor Matt, don't worry, you'll see more of him later.

Comments? They make me write more often(: