Status: currently rewriting, check a/n's for updates and information. thanks!

Meet Me at Midnight

The Best Summer Yet

"Caroline, why are you doing that?"

"Doing what?" I ask innocently.

My best friend Sara and I were separated from the rest of our friends on this Jet Blue plane. Being the last two to get our tickets for this trip, these were the last two seats available that were next to each other. The other girls were farther up ahead.

"You keep making this weird face. It looks like you're thinking to hard. Headache?"

"No" I sigh "I can't stop thinking about Eric"

She smiles at this "Miss him already?"

"You'd think that, wouldn't you? I mean we've been dating for five months, I should be devastated that I won't see him for the next two and a half months"

"And you're not?" She asks

I shake my head no "And the worst part is" I begin "Right before the terminal closed he told me that he loved me"

"Shut up!" exclaims Sara "What did you say?"

"Nothing, because thank the Lord, the door closed before even my face could react"

"Maybe you should break up with him"

She's right. I really should break up with him if I don't see myself pursuing this relationship any farther"But I love his family. His little sister is the sweetest thing. His older brother is literally the funniest person Ive ever met. His mom absolutely adores me and his dad says that the family feels complete whenever I come over. How can I just leave them?"

She pats my shoulder "You'll figure something out sweetie"

I smile. My best friend knows me better than anything else. Which sucks by the way because it should be my boyfriend who knows me best, but whatever. It's summer time, I'm headed to Paris, France with my best friends and nothing will ruin these next few months.

And, boy, is this summer an important one. This is our graduation present to each other. We all are going to different colleges in the fall, so it will be hard to be all together again for awhile. We were going to try doing a sisterhood magical pants thing, but we all agreed it was weird and then we realized the hard way that none of us could fit into the same pair of jeans. We figured a nice, little vacation together would be better. We don't have to go back home until August and then we get a week or two with our families and then off to college we go.

I sigh happily and think about what an amazing summer this will be
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's bad, sorry. Next one should be better(: