Status: done

The Poison

Night terrors - Clair

I took her hand and led her into her room. Its your average little girls room. The walls are a light purple with a white border. On the floor lay a soft fluffy white carpet, littered with soft teddies and other toys. In the corner of the room sat her wooden framed bed complete with a purple bed spread and matching pillows. The only out of the ordinary was the window. Its boarded up with thick wooden boards and coated with a thick layer of paint, the same colour as the walls.

She isn’t like most children. She will never see the light of the sun. She is condemned to live in a world of darkness. The only natural light that hits her brown eyes is the white glow of the moon or the shimmer of the stars.

Her little feet slapped against the wooden floor before being muted by the carpet of her room. I lifted her up into my arms and hugged her, rocking back and forth gently. Calming. As her breathing fell into a rhythmatic pattern I pulled back the quilt and placed her in her bed. I planted a soft kiss on her forehead before tucking her in and retreating from the room.

Picking up any mess I cleaned the living room and kitchen. As I placed the toys away my phone went off. Checking the caller I.D as usual I let out a sigh of relief and pressed the green button as I placed the phone to my ear.

"Hey Nate"

"Hello Clair! I missed you, how is my favourite niece?"

"She is good, I just put her to sleep, its 8am, that’s late for her and you don’t miss me you saw me a few days ago"

"True, I got news from Chicago for you though"

"what’s it like? are they all okay?"

"I really want to say yes Clair, I really do. . . The dandies are getting worse and Beckett and his men are starting fights most nights. The punks too. Its getting worse, there is too much blood shed and all of the wrong people are dying" He let out a sigh as I processed what was said.

"What- What about the hunters?"

"they are still fighting strong, but, but Pete is still depressed and looking for you. He misses you. And I know you miss him. You can hear it in your voice when he is mentioned. Why don’t you just go back"

"Its not that easy, I cant go back"

"If you say so. . . I have to go now bye Clair"

"Bye"

I guess I should really explain. When I first got to new York Nate was the one who found me in drags. It was near sun rise and I was trying to get into a basement of a restraunt. My hair was every and scratches danced across my skin. I resisted against all urges of my natural behaviour to take his head off and drink. It also took him a while to figure out what I was. It shocked him to the least. I still don’t know why, he is a hunter in New York and has helped me so much. Once I got a small flat he was the one to check on me. To bring me the ingredients to the drink, yes I’m still on it. It was him who helped me to get started. I was 5 months by then, which made it very hard to do anything really. I eventually told him about my life, leaving out Brendon and other small things that I’m still not ready for him to know. Nate treats me like his little sister and is overprotective. He classes my little girl as his niece and he is "Uncle Nate". We would most likely be dead without him. When I first moved here he gave me a book. Its really old and big, over a thousand pages. Its legends about us. Its the type of book you would see Patrick huddled over.

I walked back to my room and took out the book from its place on the top shelf. When I sat down I immediately opened it at the place where I left off at. I was interrupted from the book when a small knock banged on my door before being pushed open, scraping the carpet.

There stood my daughter. Tears running down her face. Her hair a mess. I ran to her and scooped her up. cradling her to my chest. When if asked her if it was a nightmare it simply nodded against my shoulder.

"Its okay Alice. Its just a dream. Tell mummy what happened."

"A- A man with- with long brown h- hair tried- tried to take me - take me away. He was wearing a - a suit - and - and fur"

"Shh its okay. Mummy wont let anyone take you away. I promise"

I continued to comfort her until her breathing went back to a steady pace. I placed her into my bed and lay down beside her. I slipped my hand under the pillow and pulled out the book. I opened it up and traced my finger around the outline of the pictures before closing it and shutting my eyes as the clock struck 10am.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? please tell