Status: done

The Poison

Why? Why did you do it - Clair

I looked around at the familiar area, only a few minuets walking distance from the warehouse, not bad. Not bad at all. It is the dead of the night so others are going to be out, I covered Alice’s head to protect her and began walking very fast, verging on running. Soon the warehouse became in sight. I ran when I saw the large concrete wall and the thick solid wood door. I began knocking on the door. My face hidden by the hood of my jumper. I waited for someone to open the door. When I saw Pete’s face it took everything I had not jump at him and hug him. He cant see my face. The small strong chain hung on the door. Only a slither of the warehouse was in view.

“who are you?”

“Pete, just let me in and I can explain”

“Clair?”

“We don’t have time for this”

The door closed with extreme force I turned to go away. Well that was a lost cause. I jumped six foot in the air and held on to Alice even tighter when I felt something clamp around my waist.

“God I missed you” It was Pete, before I could even move he pulled my into the warehouse and shut the door. He let go of me and looked at my face. It was then that he saw Alice. All of the guys eyes went wide. Shock and horror filling their faces. Luckily Nate was there. I looked over at him for reassurance.

“Who- Who is this?” I took a deep breath before replying.

“She’s my daughter. Alice” I looked at the guy, there faces even more shocked. Patrick was the only one able to find his voice.

“How, how is that possible?”

“well when a man-”

“not like that, I mean you’re a vampire you shouldn’t be able to have a child”

“I don’t know how its possible but It happened”

“God Pete, couldn’t keep it in you pants?” Trust Joe to make a joke,

“We, we never did anything. How did it happen? Clair! How did it happen” How do I tell Pete that I was raped by a Dandie. How do I tell the guy I love.

“I don’t want to talk about it Pete” Tears slipped from my eyes.

“tell me Clair! Tell me right now, I deserve to know”

“Pete please not now”

“No! Clair I have the right to know you just left” More and more tears fell from my eyes. Alice’s eyes opened from the shouting and saw them. She lifted her small hands up and wiped away my tears.

“mummy, what’s wrong?”

“nothing baby, nothing’s wrong” She looked up and saw all of the guys. She gave them all confused looks except Nate. Her eyes lit up when she saw him.

“UNCLE NATE” Sparkles could be seen in her eyes as he walked over and took her from my arms and whispered in my ear,

“Explain to the guys at least most of it. I’ll take her someone else”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? please please please tell me