Status: Edited Version of I Don't Love U Or Do I?

The Scarlett Proposal

I Don't Love U Or Do I? 20

SCARLETT'S POV:

When I looked through the hole I saw... a hooded figure. It looked a bit tall. So, I opened the door and saw mom. The hooded boy wasn't here. He must've left.

"Hey mom." I said still a bit shaky.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing."

"Ok, then."

Mom noticed the others and asked, "So, what did you kids do today?"

"Oh, nothing really." Annette replied.

Mom went into the kitchen and after a while started making dinner, she like to get an early start on everything. I went into the living room with the others, they all sat down on the couch and I just stood there. We were all silent for what seemed like hours. Finally, some one spoke, it was Cameron.

"Hey, um, where's the bathroom?" he asked.

"It's upstairs, I'll show you." Annette answered.

She and him walked out of the room and I was left alone with Caleb, but I really didn't care anymore.

I slid down the wall and buried my face in my lap. I was obviously crying. I couldn't help it. Every time I saw him or thought about him, it just brought me to tears. Within minutes, my face was stained with them. I felt someone's arms wrap themselves around me, I knew it was Caleb, but at the moment, I was too upset to care. He pulled me onto his lap and rocked me back and forth gently.

"Hey, what's the matter, huh hon?" he said.

I didn't say anything and just shook my head.

"Is it that guy? Huh? Tell me, please." he continued.

But, that only made me cry more. I hugged his chest and cried into it. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered, "Shh, it'll be alright, don't worry. I promise no one will ever be able to hurt you. If anyone tries, I'll kill 'em!"

He sounded angry. I started to calm down a bit. I looked up and into his eyes, they seemed sincere and truthful. I remembered how we almost kissed a while ago. I really wanted to complete it, no matter what.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned forward. Caleb got what I wanted to do it and wrapped his arm around my waist, also leaning forward. We were so close to kissing, when mom came into the room interrupting us. Why is it that when I don't want to be with Caleb, we're left alone? And when I want to be with Caleb, someone always has to come and interrupt us?

"Sorry." Mom said, looking away.

But the moment was already gone. I pulled away and said, "You need me for something?"

"No, I just wanted to ask Caleb, if he'd like to stay for dinner." she answered.

"Sorry, I can't, maybe some other time?" he replied.

"Alright, then, I'll leave you two alone."

After mom left, I looked back at Caleb. His eyes were still concerned but I was back to myself. I pushed his hands away and he frowned at me.I started to get up, but he pulled my arm back and made me look into his sad eyes. He wanted the kiss, and so did I, but I just couldn't bring myself to do so. His chocolate brown eyes seemed to be making my heart melt. I gave in and kissed him full on the lips. If I didn't, his eyes would continue to torture me, until I was on the verge of exploding.

He wrapped his arm once again around my waist and I kissed him harder, which made him fall back on the floor, which was covered with carpet. I pushed myself more down on him. Caleb rolled over, so he was on top of me. He kissed me twice as hard, but in a way, softly too. I soon felt his hand underneath my shirt. I knew what he wanted, but that's not what I wanted.

I put my hands up in front of him of his chest and pushed him away. He looked down at me.

"That's it; no more." I said, panting.

"Oh, come on! A little more!" he whined.

"No! That's all you get! I'm not that kind of girl and like I said before, you guys are all the same. You only want one thing and it's not love; it's lust!" I pushed him off of me, then got up and ran out of the room, leaving Caleb there, looking surprised.

I went upstairs and lied down on my pillow. I was stupid to think that he was sweet and wouldn't try anything on me. He only liked me for my face and beauty and nothing else. I wasn't a slut and never would be. I hate boys. And I hate Caleb Caine!