Status: Edited Version of I Don't Love U Or Do I?

The Scarlett Proposal

I Don't Love U Or Do I? 31

Scarlett's POV:

The next day when I woke up, I got off the bed and looked around, my head still really killed. I stumbled a little, but grabbed the drawer next to me for support. Caleb came over and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Scar, why did you get up?" Caleb asked. "If you needed something, you should've told me."

"Caleb..." I trailed off weakly.

Caleb set me down on the bed and sat down next to me.

"Caleb, we're supposed to be going to the airport for our honeymoon."

"But, you're sick."

"But, it cost you money getting those tickets and you can't just let them go to waste."

"Scar-" I cut him off.

"We're going today or I'll scream so loud you'll go deaf for a week." I threatened.

I opened my mouth to scream, but Caleb pressed his lips with mine to stop me.

"Ok, ok, we'll go." he said, after pulling away.

I smiled and gave him a huge hug.

"You're the best, Caleb." I mumbled into his chest.

So, we went on our honeymoon and we had a lot of fun. We went sight seeing, we went to the beach, we went everywhere I wanted to go and Caleb let me do whatever I wanted. Pretty soon I was feeling better and I was having the time of my life. By the time, we were back home, I was feeling so much better. But, then I remembered what Caleb's mom had said.

"Me, cooking, I don't think that's such a great idea," I was saying to Caleb. "Unless you want your whole house burnt down to the ground."

"Don't worry, in a while you'll learn everything. Trust me." Caleb assured.

"Alright."

Caleb took my hand and led me into the kitchen. Once I saw all the ingredients and all that other cooking stuff, I immediately felt sick to my stomach again.

"Hey, Cal, can you stay, please?" I asked him.

"Alright, but only for a while." Caleb agreed.

'Ok, I can do this.' I thought.

I stared at the things in front of me for a long time, then sighed.

"Ok, I definitely can't do this." I said aloud.

"Hey, you're my Scar," Caleb came over to me and kissed my forehead. "And my Scar can do anything and everything."

I looked up at him and blushed slightly. Even though we were married now, I still felt nervous around Caleb sometimes.

"Let's start with something simple, ok? How about you try making rice pudding?"

"A-alright, I'll try."

"Good, I'll be back soon to see how've you done."

"Uh huh." I watched Caleb's descending back and started worrying.

After a few minutes of more staring, I started hearing footsteps. I thought it was Caleb, but then I heard Cameron's voice.

"Hey, there, whatchu up to?" he asked me.

"Cameron, I seriously need some help with this; I've never cooked or cleaned a day in my life!" I explained.

"Well, I can't help you with the cooking, but I can help you with something else."

"Really? What?"

Cameron started telling me about something that'd he seen on TV and how it really worked. I smiled understanding and nodded.

"Are you sure it'll work though?" I asked him, making sure.

"Positive." Cameron insisted.

"Alright. Thanks, dude."

"Hey, anytime, dudette."

I smiled. I really liked Cameron. He was awesome and was almost a duplicate of myself actually. After Cameron left, I started cooking. Well, at least I tried. Cameron had also given me a couple hints before leaving. After I finished my 'cooking', I looked at it. It looked wrong. I thought rice was supposed to be white, so why were there black spots all over it? Oh well, maybe it's nothing. I can't wait to see how Caleb and everyone else likes my cooking! But, when I entered the dining room, I noticed that only Caleb and Cameron were present.

"Hey, where is everybody else?" I asked.

I still wasn't very comfortable with calling Caleb's parents 'mom' and 'dad'. But, I'll get there someday. Hopefully.

"Dad had to go to a party and mom went with him." Cameron explained.

"Oh ok."

I placed the bowl of rice pudding in front of Caleb and waited for him to start eating. I could tell from the look on Caleb's face that it had not come out as great as planned.

"Don't you like it?" I asked innocently.

"Uh, well..." he trailed off.

I looked towards Cameron and he motioned with his hands for me to start. I bit my lip and hesitated. What if Caleb saw right through my act.

'Don't worry,' Cameron mouthed. 'It'll work. Trust me.'

I decided to just do it. If it worked, then it worked; if it didn't, I'll think of something else. What Cameron had told me to do was to fake cry and do emotional blackmail on Caleb to get him to do what I want. I didn't want to go that far, so I just started fake crying and then I noticed Caleb's face soften up.

"You don't like it, do you?!" I sobbed. "You hate my cooking!"

"What? No, it's not that! It's just..." Caleb trailed off again.

"Just what? Oh, I'm a terribly wife! I can't even cook for my husband and his family!"

Caleb came over and wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you and your cooking." he assured me.

"No, you don't! You're just saying that!"

"No, look I'll prove it to you."

Caleb sat back down at the table and began stuffing his face with the pudding. He continued to eat it even though he had a sick look on his face. I looked over at Cameron, he looked like he was about to explode with laughter, but he bit it back. Caleb noticed it too and then a small smile appeared on his lips.

"Hey, Cam, why don't you have some too?" Caleb suggested.

"Uh, no thanks; I'm good." he refused.

"Please, Cami? At least have a little, it's the least you could do for your sis." I added.

Cameron looked at me weirdly.

"Oh, come on, Scar, please don't make me do this."

"Please?!" I gave him a puppy dog look.

Cameron sighed and said, "The things I do for ya, sis. The things I do."

Cameron took some from Caleb and gulped it down. He made a gagging noise, but continued eating. I smiled happily. But, then I thought of something, what if my cooking got them both sick? It would've been all my fault.

"Ok, you two don't have to eat anymore! I don't want anything happening to the two of you." I quickly said.

"Oh thank God! It's a good thing I ordered a pizza." Cameron replied.

Just then the doorbell rang and Cameron rushed to go answer it.

"I'm sorry, Scar." Caleb said to me.

"It's alright."

"Hey, who wants pizza?!" Cameron carried a box of pizza into the room and put it on the table.

We all ate some and saved some for...mom and dad. Before going to bed, I stopped by the kitchen and went in to go talk to Caleb's mom.

"Hey, mom," I said to her.

"Yes, sweetie." she said.

"Will you teach me how to cook? I really don't know how to."

"Of course, sweetheart. But, why didn't you tell me in the first place?"

"I didn't want you to think I was useless." I answered truthfully.

"Oh, I could never think that." she leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

I smiled and kissed her cheek, then ran to my room. I laid down in bed next to Caleb.

"Hey, Caleb." I said.

"Yeah, Scar?"

"I really like your mom."

"I know, I do too."

I kissed Caleb and soon fell asleep. 'I think I'm gonna enjoy it here." were my last thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! I am sooooooooooooooooo sry I haven't worked on this for like more than 3 months, I think. But, from now on imma try 2 rite az much az i can of this. Promise. Hopefully. So, anyway, i know this ch. waz short, but gradually they will get longer. Maybe. I'm really hoping! Well, I hope u all njoyed this ch. :) btw: ' ' = air quotes