Status: It's a work in progress!! :) (give it a try!)

Forever Is Complex

Chapter Five

Grandpa had his own parking garage, which was cluttered with junk. Their condo had two bedrooms, and two baths. It had one large living room, and a small kitchen. A dining table, that I walked into, was off towards the side of the living room. Grandpa showed me to a room in the corner of the condo.
"This is your room. Clara and I sleep in the master bedroom across the condo." Grandpa turned, and walked away, shutting the door behind him. The bed had an ugly satin quilt, that was puke green and yellow. There was a small closet, and a dresser. Slowly I started to unpack my suitcase. I kept an eye on the clock hung the wall. It 10 when I was finally unpacked. I checked my phone for messages, even though I would have heard the vibration.
"Karyn?" There was a knock at the door. "It's Gran."
"Yeah?" I called out. Gran opened the door.
"Are you all settled in?" Gran smiled.
"Yeah, I just finished unpacking..." I half-gestured towards the empty suitcase.
"Good. Well if you want to take a shower, your bathroom is the first door to the right, across from mine and Paul's room." She told me. "And I was thinking that you could probably head down to the pool for a little while."
I thought about it for a second. "Yea...alright. I'll do that."
"Good.There are already towels in your bathroom, but that's all." Gran started to walk towards the table, where Grandpa was reading a newspaper. I found the shampoo I had put in the bottom drawer of the dresser, and left my room.
The shower was hot, and steamed the mirrors. I didn't take very long, since a was a bit anxious to get into the sun. Back in my room, I dug out a yellow bikini and white cover up dress, and pulled my wet hair into a tight pony tail. Since I refuse to be seen without make up, I had to put a coat of mascara on. I studied myself in the mirror vanity. I had lost a few pounds, so I was actually happy with the way I looked, and the zit I had seemed to have gone down quiet a bit. Now I just had to find Gran and ask where the pool was.
"Karyn!" I heard Gran call out. I went to go find her in the kitchen. "Do you want anything to eat? Before you go out?"
"Oh! No thanks Gran. But actually I was wondering...where is the pool?"
"Oh dear...silly me! I forgot to tell you. Once you're out of the condo, you turn left. No...right. No actually it's left. Go left, then another left. You should be at a road, one we drove on. Follow that to the main building, and behind it is the pool! And use this card to open the gate." She said, handing my a plastic card, with the words DuBois Country Club and Resort in manuscript.
"Okay, I'll try to find it." I said, uncertainly. I pulled my Chanel purse to my shoulder, and out the door I was.
I followed Gran's instructions as best I could, but they seemed to be off. While walking along side a few buildings, I could see through windows. There was a yoga class in one window, but the 6 people inside weren't able to reach their toes. Another building seemed to be a lounge, with a few old men drinking coffee. By this point I started to think my mom had sent me here as a punishment to something I have done, but I couldn't remember me doing anything bad that she knew about. I could see a much taller and bigger building around a corner. I took that to be the main building. Closer I got, I could see the sign, with Dubois Country Club and Resort, matching what was on the card.
I followed a sidewalk along the building. There was a black metal fence, with a big silver card scanner. I slid the card into the slit, and there was a little light that turned green. I heard a click, figuring the gate unlocked, I pushed it open. The pool was a vibrant blue, and it was huge! There were chairs and tables all around the circular pool. I laid a beach towel out on one of the chairs, sitting in a very sunny spot. I laid on the chair, and pulled a Seventeen magazine out of my purse.
I was in the sun for what must of been a good hour, flipping over every now and again. I was in a article about how to 'Play Up Your Bust' when I heard something that caught my attention.
It sounded like a thud, with a lot of air power. And I heard it again. I flipped onto my back, so I could look around, but all I saw were a few people very far out in the distance playing golf.
This sound was close, but I saw nothing. It sounded again, this time followed by a guy yelling, and another laughed. Something flew off the roof of the 2 story building, and landed in the deep end of the pool. It floated back up slowly...and I had to squint to see was it was. A Nerf gun!
"I give up!" Someone shouted, which I realized this person, too, was on the roof.
"Bull!" The voice laughing before called out. There was another shot of air, and a thud.
"Shit!" The first voice shouted. I heard the scrape of gravel, then, in my total awe, a guy had jumped off the roof, his arms flailing, and he landed in the pool.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh...it's been a couple weeks, huh?