Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Blush

Milan wasn’t surprised when Emmett sat down at her lunch table with his tray filled with food after their small exchange of smile earlier that day. And she made herself smile at him again.
“Hi,” she said merely and stared up at his handsome face.
“Hi there,” he chuckled, a little embarrassed, and stared back at her.
They weren’t sure what to say to each other, but the silence wasn’t awkward.

“What made you change your mind on us?” Emmett asked her after a few minutes.
Milan thought about it for awhile before she answered. “Your father was very persistence on the matter that none of you were plotting on how to kill my father.”
“Carlisle hate to see people struggle, and it looked like you struggled with yourself after we arrived,” Emmett nodded his head. “Why isn’t your brother here today?”

Milan rolled her eyes. “You ask that after what happened yesterday?”
“Yeah, about that, I’m sorry if I got you in trouble,” Emmett’s smiling expression changed to one filled with worry.
“I can handle Ami,” Milan told him.
“Is he your older brother?”
She shook her head. “We’re twins.”

His eyes widened as he noticed her taking bites out of the sandwich from her tray. “You eat?”
“What does it look like?” she asked him with a little attitude.
“What are you?”
Milan winked at him. “I guess you’ll have to find out.”

They made small talk through the lunch break and in P.E last lesson. They made plans to hunt together on the evening. Emmett wasn’t sure what to expect as he sat on a boulder in the woods. Would she come as the raven black wolf he had attacked or as the gracious goddess on two feet?

His questions was answered when he Milan jump on his back and wrapped her legs around his torso and covered his eyes with her petite hands. Emmett struggled for a short second to suppress his vampire instinct of throwing her off.

“I didn’t hear you come,” he said and rose from the boulder.
Milan slipped to the front of him before she dropped herself to the ground. “I can be sneaky.”
“So I’ve noticed,” he said and leaned down to her neck.
Milan got goose bumps all over as he let the tip of his nose run up and down her neck.
“You don’t have a scent,” he informed her still with his face close to her neck. Emmett could feel the blood pulse beneath her skin but it wasn’t tempting when it didn’t smell.

Milan drew in a ragged breath when she felt his soft lips touch the white skin on her collarbone before she raised her hands to his shoulder and pushed him back.
“Not… so fast,” She mumbled and leaned against his shoulder, “We have to take this… thing slow.”
Emmett couldn’t help but wrap his arms around her and bury his face in her hair. He had never seen this side of her. “I can be patience.”

Milan nodded her head before she straightened herself up. “Sorry. Let’s hunt.”
Emmett smiled and took a hold of her hand, but Milan shook her head with a mischievous smile on her lips before she took off like a bullet through the thick mass of green. He wasn’t slow to race after her; he wasn’t going to let her out of sight.

^^^

He didn’t focus on the prey in his hands; the mountain lion was already drained and dead. Emmett couldn’t take his eyes off her as Milan drained her own prey with eyes closed in delight.

Milan pushed the big cat off her when she was done and looked up at her audience as she wiped her mouth. “What?” she asked when she noticed something strange in his eyes.
“Nothing,” he shook his head and noticed how she didn’t have a strand of hair out of order or a tear in her clothes. “You’re just beautiful.”

Milan raised her hand to her cheek in astonish when she felt it get warmer; she had never before blushed in her entire life and she was shocked to say at least.
Emmett was in front of her and put his hand over hers. “Are you okay?”
Milan nodded silently before gave him a questioning stare. “What are you doing to me, Emmett Cullen?”
He gave her a cheeky grin but knew better than to kiss her.

^^^

“Where have you been, young lady?” Amari sat on Milan’s bed with his arms crossed tightly over his chest. He had been waiting for her to return home and wasn’t surprised when she came climbing through the window.
“Hunting?” She knew he saw through her white lie the same way as he had seen through her plan of coming home and going into coma before he had the chance to talk to her.

“With who, if I may ask?” Amari kept asking.
“Emmett?” Her thin voice said and tried to bat her eyelashes.
“Why?”
“I’m trying to give them a chance?” Milan changed into her comfortable clothes before jumping onto the bed.
“Why are you answering my questions with new questions?” He wondered.
“I dunno,” Milan shrugged her shoulders. “Because I thought it would make you stop asking questions.

Amari rolled his eyes just the same way Milan used to do. “I thought you were afraid of them.”
“Cautious; not afraid. And Carlisle had some good points. Maybe they aren’t so bad.”
“Oh, no, they have brainwashed you!” Amari exclaimed.
It was Milan’s turn to roll her eyes. “Don’t be stupid, I know what I’m doing.”

Amari sighed before he hugged his sister. “Just be careful, Milly.”
“I always am, Ami. Goodnight,” She said and lay down under her covers.
She barely felt the kiss he placed on her cheek before she gave up for the empty blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but I love it anyway :)

I'll update if I get five new comments !

Comment and Subscribe ^^,


~ BreeVixen