Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Memories.

”Are you sure you don’t want Ami to go with you, Milly?” Robert asked Milan.
Milan shook her head and made her perfectly styled hair dance as she chipped on her five inch heels. “I’m good on my own, don’t worry ‘bout me daddy.”

Amari stood leaning against the wall beside the staircase with his arm crossed. “I doubt you’ll need my car today,” he said it with a frown. “The vampire is outside.”

Milan’s eyes widened and she quickly turned away from her father and brother before they could notice her new gift of blushing. Her cheeks got covered in a light shade of pink just by the thought of the hunting trip last night.
“I didn’t ask him to come, Ami, so you can wipe that glare out of your eyes,” and scowled at him before she picked up her bag, kissed her father’s cheek and exited her home.

Emmett leaned over the passenger seat and held the door open for her. Milan threw her bag over the back of the seat before she settled down in the big car seat.
“Nice ride,” she commented.
“I’m thinking about trading it up, but I love it too much,” he said with a smile and put the red jeep in drive.

Milan had a small smile on her mouth for the whole drive to the school. Neither one of them moved after the engine died down but Milan turned in her seat when she felt his stare.
“You’re eyes are lighter,” he told her.
She nodded. “It’s because of the blood and a good night of sleep.”

Emmett managed to hide his shock as he spoke, “So you sleep as well.”
Milan covered her mouth but the smile glimmered in her eyes. “Why isn’t you driving with your family?”
He shrugged his shoulders. “I wanted to give you a lift.”
Milan touched his dimpled cheek softly for a second before she let her hand fall again. “Thanks.”

Emmett wasn’t staring at her anymore but ahead out the windshield at the myriad of oblivious human teenagers. “I don’t really feel like school today; do you want to skip with me?”
“You better watch yourself before my brother kick your ass for being bad influence on me,” Milan joked.
“As if,” Emmett snorted. “He could never beat me.”
“I bet I even could,” Milan said with a smug smile.

Emmett snorted again. “We’re on.”
He put the car in drive and they made a screeching exit and Milan snickered when she saw the stunned faces of their fellow students.
“Man, they are going to overburden their heads on figuring out what we’re up to.”
“Let them talk,” Emmett said and took a hold of her hand.

Milan gazed at their hands as they lay entangled beside her leg. Their skin held the same pale shade of white, only Milan’s skin had a faint pinkness to it but a human eye wouldn’t have noticed.
“Your skin is so soft,” she said almost in a daze as she traced patterns on the back of his hands.
“Really?” he asked her.
“Yeah, it’s so strange not having to be worried about breaking your bones. Sometimes I think my strength is a curse,” She mumbled.

“Were you changed?” Emmett wondered and stopped the car for the second time, only now they were at a small field protected from the surrounding world by gigantic trees.
“No, I had a birth mother and a biological father,” she said and stepped out of the car.
Emmett picked her up in his arms before she got the chance to protest and ran to the middle of the field where he sat down at the damp grass floor. “What happened to them?”

“I don’t know much, only the things Robert has told me. My mother died giving birth to me and Ami. Our father wasn’t interested in raising a pair of mutant twins,” Milan closed her eyes and rested her head against his soundless chest to keep her rage under control.
“Mutant? Your mother wasn’t human?”
“Shape-shifter.”

Emmett nodded his head. “Why did your father choose Robert?”
“I have no idea, he hasn’t told us. But Robert was married at the time and they had given their information to an adoption agency. I guess that’s where the bloodsucker found them,” Milan said.
“Did Robert’s wife die?” Emmett asked her carefully, he was terrified of asking her too many question and make her put her wall up again.

“No, Stina left us sixteen years ago when Ami and I first phased; it was the last drop for her.”
“I’m sorry,” Emmett pressed his lips against her soft curls.
“Me too.”

Milan gripped onto his sweater as painful memories flooded her mind. She had to do something to keep them out.
“Milan, what’s going on?” Emmett asked with a slight desperate tone in his voice and took a hold of her hand before she tore his hood into pieces.
“I’m okay,” she mumbled through gritted teeth as she fought with her mind. “I’ll be good in a few minutes.”
Emmett stroked his hand up and down her spine to soothe her.

It took her exactly three minutes to get a grip. She rose form Emmett’s lap and stood in front of him.
“Do you want to fight me in this form or in my wolf form?” She asked and held back laughter when she saw his wide eyes. “I’m strongest as a wolf, and Amari is even stronger than me.”
“But how did you handle him when he was out of control, if he’s stronger than you?” Emmett asked curiously.

Milan bit her bottom lip and stared up at him. Emmett couldn’t believe how sexy she looked when she did that.
“We’re friends, right?” she asked him.
Emmett nodded.
“And you can keep a secret?”
“From everyone except Edward,” Emmett told her.
Milan was about to protest when she remembered about the mind reader. “I guess that have to work.”

Milan lifted her wrist to her lips and kept her eyes locked with Emmett’s wide orbs as a smile spread on her mouth before she let her razor sharp teeth sink into the soft flesh.
“Milan!” Emmett exclaimed and was about to pull her arm away from her mouth when Milan lifted her free arm to stop him.
Emmett stared in awe as she drank her own blood for a few seconds before she licked over the wood and wiped her mouth.

“What the hell?” he asked her and wiped away a drop she missed from her left cheek. He put his finger in his mouth to taste the blood. It was sweeter than any human blood, but at the same time not as tempting; probably the shape shifting gene. The consistence was thicker as well.

“Power drops,” she said and leaped at him to quick for him to react even with his sharp senses. Milan lay on top of him on the ground with a smirk adorned on her mouth.
Emmett raised his hand to throw her away but Milan grabbed it and had him thrown across the small field in a second. He was in front of her again and tried to tackle her to the ground but Milan dodged his every move until she got tired of it and threw him down again.

He landed on his stomach this time and Milan hopped onto his back, heel planted at the back of his neck.
“Fine, you can kick my ass!” He surrendered to her.
Milan laughed and helped him up.
“You’re a strange thing, Milan,” he brushed her hair behind her ear.
“You can call me Milly, it’s what Ami and dad calls me.”

“Okay, Milly,” Emmett leaned down and kissed her forehead.

^^^

“I don’t really know anything about you, Emmett,” Milan said as she stared up at the clouded sky.
They lay on the wet ground with their heads touching.
“What do you want to know about me?”
“How old was you when you were changed?” she asked him.
“I had just turned twenty.”

“How did it happen?”
“I was on a hunting trip when I was mauled by a bear. Rosalie found me and brought me to Carlisle, who is my creator,” He struggled with his voice as he said her name, but everything was easier when he was near Milan.
“And Rosalie is your mate.”

“She was,” Emmett said a little too harsh, “Until she decided to leave me two years ago for a fucking bloodsucker.”
Milan couldn’t help but laugh.
Emmett noticed what he said and started laughing as well. “I spend way too much time with Jacob.”

“Yeah, what’s the thing with him? Aren’t vampires and shape-shifters supposed to be enemies?” Milan wondered.
“We were, until he imprinted on Nessie.”
Milan was silent for a second. “You lost me at imprinting?.”
“It’s a shape-shifter thing; they are supposed to find their soul mates.” Emmett explained.

“Ah,” Milan said and sat cross legged and made Emmett sit up as well. They sat very unmoving as Milan stared into his liquid gold eyes.
“Milly, what are you doing?”
“Shh…” She said and placed a finger on his lip, “I’m imprinting on you.”
Emmett burst out in laughter and pulled Milan against his chest. “I don’t think it works like that, silly,” He said and buried his face in her hair. “But thank you for wanting to imprint on me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this story, Emmett <3
New header/banner thingy, what'ca think? I am considering on changing it back but I want to know what my dear readers think :)

I'll update when I have five new comments!

Comment and Subscribe :D


~ BreeVixen