Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Dedication.

Milan ran as fast as her feet could carry her through the thick forest. The vampire hadn't followed her. The sun had just set and the sky was nearly black when she reached the backyard of her home. Milan was lucky, she didn't particularly like to run in the streets naked. She quickly climbed up the outside of the house and through her open bedroom window. She used to have it open when she went out hunting; in case situations like this would occur. Milan quickly searched through her messy room for a pair of sweats and a t-shirt before she walked downstairs to find her father.

"Milly, why are you back so early?" Robert asked his adoptive daughter as he folded the newspaper he was reading and straightened up in his chair. She rarely came home before the sun was up when she went out hunting.
Milan dumped down on the couch and made herself comfortable. "New vampire in town," She informed him.

Robert's heart started beating faster as he feared for both his own and Milan's life. He stood up and went to lock the front door. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, but it was close. It's a big male," She picked up the remote control and started zapping through the channels without really caring what was on.
"Did he follow you?" He asked anxiously.
Milan sighed. "You know I don't leave a trail."
"You had to phase?" Robert started at her with concern. "Are you sure you're okay Milly?"
"Chill, dad," Milan was in front of him and placed her hands on his shoulders. "He was alone, I'll protect us."

Robert smiled. "Okay. Are you hungry or did you catch something?"
She frowned and stepped away from her father. "He came just before I managed to take a rabbit. But I'll be good for a few more days. Some raw steak wouldn't hurt though."
"I'll go get you some." Robert walked down the stairs that led to the basement. They had a big freezer stuffed with different types of meat. He picked out a big juicy looking piece of meat before walking back up to the kitchen and warming it in the microwave.

Milan took the plate from him and started eating the raw meat. It tasted good, but she preferred it fresh. Her razor sharp teeth cut through it easily. Milan hunted small animals while in wolf form and ate the meat, but she could also drink their blood if she was in her vampire/human form. She ate some human food as well, but mostly at lunch in school so the other students wouldn't ask questions.

Milan was adopted by Robert and his former wife Stina when she was three days old. She didn't know her biological parents; her mother, a female shape-shifter died giving birth to her and her father, a vampire, wasn't interested in raising a mutant baby. He had contacted Robert and pursued him into taking Milan and raising her. Robert, being the kind and loving man he was, took her in and raised her as his own, easily dealing with all her abnormalities.

Stina had it more difficult. She refused to have anything with helping Milan with her vampire problems. Stina left Robert and Milan when Milan was seventeen and phased for the first time. Robert filed a divorce, his love for his daughter being stronger than his love for a heartless woman. His life was now dedicated too helping Milan. They moved every other year because Milan stopped aging ten years ago; she looked like and twenty year old but was in her early thirties.

Robert wasn't disgusted as Milan ate the raw meat like it was a chocolate. He was so used to it after watching her both eat and hunt for thirty years. Robert took her plate when she was done and took it to the kitchen and rinsed it off before getting a glass of milk for himself and some water for Milan.
"I think I am taking the night now, Milly." He said to her.
"Okay, I'll see if I can get some sleep as well." Milan said but kept searching through the channels, making no sign to move.

Milan wouldn't have to go to bed for hours still; she only got two hours of sleep at tops anyway. She once tested how long she could go without sleep -- two months, but then she slept for a week. Now she used to sleep a little every night just to keep her strength and energy at top. Milan didn't like to sleep, she didn't dream, she just simply lay down in her bed and woke later in the exact same position, as if she was in coma. And no one could wake her up either, Robert had tried several times.

Milan was a senior in high school -- again. If she and Robert decided to stay one place two years, she would start out as an junior and if they stayed three years she would start as an sophomore.

She rose from the couch and turned the TV off before walking upstairs to the bathroom to remove her makeup before she lay down on her unmade bed, fully clothed, and closed her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, the second update :)
Please tell me what you think! Already 9 subscribers, I would love comments from you all :D
What do you think about Milan so far? I know you haven't seen much of her personality yet, but I have tried to show you what she is, Half vampire, half shape-shifter and a little bit human :P

And I know the chapter is short, but I'm writing it in the draft section thing, and it sucks... I want my laptop back :(

Comment and subscribe ! :D

~ BreeVixen

PS, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! :D:D