Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Search.

Emmett had been out the whole night, searching for the girl. There was something about her that made him curious, not just about what she was but who she was as well. She had started a spark his dead and cold heart. His heart that hadn't held any emotion since she left him. He went back to his new home to change clothes before he had to go to school. He would have preferred to sit home and sulk, but his family wouldn't let him.

"Good morning." Alice said in a hyper voice as he walked into the living room.
Emmett nodded to her.
"Do you mind waking Jacob? He is going to oversleep." She said before she danced her way outside, unaffected by his poor mood.
"Why can't anyone buy the dog an alarm clock?" he grumbled and made his way upstairs in super speed.

He went and pushed Jacob out of his bed.
"What the hell was that for?" Jacob yelled at him.
"School, you moron." Emmett responded before walking into his own room to change. He wore a white v-neck t-shirt and some jeans. He knew it would make girls at the new school drool, but he didn't mind. He rarely looked their way anyway.

There was a knock on the door and it opened slowly. A young girl with bouncing bronze colored curls poked her head into his room.
"Can I come in uncle Em?" Nessie asked carefully.
"Of course Ness." Emmett smiled at the only person that could make him smile these days.

"Where were you last night?" She asked and walked into the room, her voice could have belonged to a grown up, but she looked merely eight years old.
"I was trying out our new hunting fields." Emmett answered and found his car keys.
Nessie grinned. "Did you take something big?"
"I wasn't that thirsty, only took down a small white rabbit." He didn't mention that he almost took a wolf; Nessie didn't want her family to hunt on wolf because of Jacob.

"Okay, can I come with you to hunt today?" she asked with a hopeful smile.
"When I get back from school." Emmett walked over to her and threw her over his shoulder and ran downstairs.
"Be good today, Ness." he said as he placed her on her feet again.
"You too, Em." They waved farewell to each other and Nessie rushed into the kitchen when Bella called for her.

Emmett decided to drive alone to school, and arrived before the others because of his speeding. He parked his new black range rover at the student parking lot and got out and looked the school over. Already a group of five girls had stopped and were eying him with flirtatious smiles. He could easily hear their whispers. Emmett stood beside his car until Edward parked his Volvo beside him.

Alice, Jasper, Jacob and Edward got out and the five of them waited outside the school. Emmett didn't have to have any gifts to know how nervous Jasper were for starting school again, he was still afraid he would slip even though he had been getting better. And his eyes were as light as they possible could be.

A girl walked straight past them, wearing skinny jeans, a leather jacket and black high heels, looking out of place; the other students wore casual middle class clothes. Emmett recognized her dark flowing hair and stiffened. Of course she would be a student.
"You know her?" Edward asked Emmett after reading his mind.
Emmett tore his eyes of her and looked over at Edward. He lowered his voice. "I came across a big black wolf with the sweetest smelling blood I have ever smelled before last night and just as I was about to sink my teeth into its neck it phased into that girl."

"Here are shape-shifters?" Jacob asked suspiciously.
Emmett shook his head. "I don't know. After she phased she looked goddess-like."
"Please spare us your dirty thoughts, Emmett." Jasper sighed.
"No, not like that. She looked almost like an vampire." he said urgently. "And I tried to follow her when she took off, but she didn't leave a trail."
"Maybe she is gifted." Edward mused.

"You are going to get to know her better, Emmett." Alice said and placed a hand on his arm. She just had a vision.
Emmett looked down at his sister with sad eyes, he knew she meant that the angel would be his new mate, but he wasn't over her yet.
The school bell rang.
"Just keep your eyes out for her." Emmett told them before they walked off to their classes.

Alice linked her arm with Emmett as they walked of to the class they shared together. All eyes were at them as they walked down the hallway.

^^^

Emmett sat down beside Jacob and Jasper at their new lunch table with his full lunch tray in front of him. The table was in the far corner of the cafeteria, so he sat faced with the entire room. Without even knowing, Emmett had searched the room for the girl and found her sitting alone on the other side of the room with her own lunch in front of her, and a note book.

"Her name is Milan Frans." Jasper said and started poking his pizza with his long and delicate fingers.
"She doesn't talk much, I sat next to her in Math." Jacob said and was already halfway done with his food.

"Edward?" Emmett asked his brother.
Edward sighed and closed his eyes to focus on all the thoughts. Most of the thought was about them, the inhumanly beautiful new kids; he blocked those thoughts out and realized that the girl, Milan Frans, was the second most thoughts were about.

'Look at her, does she think she is something with her expensive clothes and poor attitude?' The girl was obviously jealous.
'Should I ask her out? She is single. But she said no to Joe last week. Hey, she's probably just waiting for me to ask her out. After school, or maybe tomorrow...' Pathetic humans.
'Why can't she just come over and sit with us? She don't have to act like such a bitch.'

"People around here doesn't like her, jealousy. It's almost like they hate her because she's not their friend." Edward said but kept his eyes closed.
"Have you found her thoughts yet?" Alice asked.
"I'm searching." he mumbled.
Emmett kept staring at her, but heard what his brother said. How could anyone hate something that beautiful? He tried to fight against all the urges that threatened to break free from where he buried them, but there was something about her.

Suddenly she looked up from the book she sat writing in. Their eyes locked for a second and Emmett could see how dark they turned.
Edward had managed to find her mind, and blocked out everyone else to hear her thoughts. This wasn't something he would usually do, but he noticed something in Emmett, a spark of life that hadn't been there since Rosalie walked away.

'They should watch their back. If they ever try to come near Robert, I'll kill them all.'
Edward opened his eyes. "She knows what we are."
"No kidding Sherlock, I almost killed her last night." Emmett rolled his eyes at him.
"I'm doing my best." Edward narrowed his eyes.
'I didn't know they would be so many. I thought it was only that one male. Screw them.

"What is she writing?" Jasper asked, noticing the book as well.
"First it was lyrics I believe, but now she is just writing down possible plans to save someone named Robert." Edward opened his eyes again, not wanting to interfere in her privacy anymore. "She is very protective about he own mind, she seems bright, but her head is very... empty?"
"Robert is her grandfather, they live by them selves in the outskirts of the town." Jacob said and started on Alice's lunch.
"How do you know?" Emmett wanted to know.

"You know? You find out a lot about people to ask others about them, you should try it sometime, instead of making your brother spy on her." he smirked
Emmett glared at him. "What else did you find out?"
"Hmm... not much. Someone said she is anti-social, don't have any friends. She moved here last year but no one has ever had a real conversation with her." he told him, ignoring the insult he had gotten so used too.

"Shh." Alice said just as a group of seniors passed them. But Alice's eyes went empty as she had another premonition.
Jasper was just about to ask her what she saw when her head snapped in Emmett's direction.
"It was nothing." She said quickly and took a lunch tray and rose from her chair just as the bell rang.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emmett's song :


I need comments! I want at least four comments before my next update, pretty please? Since it just was my birthday? <3

What do you think about the story so far?

Comment and Subscribe :)

~ BreeVixen