Status: Finished :)

Not Your Angel

The Telepathy.

Jacob ignored all the questioning looks from his new family when he got back from hunting, he wasn’t going to tell them everything, he was allowed to have secrets of his own, and Edward ought to stay out of his head or Jacob would lose his mind. Edward let out a laugh from where he sat playing on his piano, but didn’t comment. Jacob went into Nessie’s bedroom to make sure she was okay; she was fast asleep with a smile on her lips. Jacob smiled and picked up her hand and placed it on his neck; pictures of himself and the others flooded his head, but most of them were him and that made him happy.

^^^

Having someone to hunt with wasn’t that bad, but Milan wouldn’t admit it unless she was forced. Milan walked into Robert’s office to tell him about the shape-shifter, but was taken aback when she saw him standing over a big, unfolded map.

“What are you doing?” Milan asked him.
“Searching for your brother,” Robert told her but didn’t look up.
“Dad, we don’t know where he is,” Milan felt her heart thud with longing for her twin. She hadn’t seen him in five years.
“Yes we do. But I need your help. Use your twin-telepathy,” Robert looked up at her eagerly.
Milan rolled her eyes. “We have no idea if that works.”
“Try anyway. And if it doesn’t help we can use facts to find the area he is in. Ami rarely stays in one state longer than a month, he moves in circles. Last letter we got from him was from North-Carolina two months ago, that means that he would be in West-Virginia now. Pack your bags kiddo; we’re going on a road trip,” Robert grinned at her.

Milan noticed how fast his heart was pumping; Robert was terrified.
She put her arms on his shoulder. “Calm down dad,” Milan said and stared into his eyes. “You know I won’t let anyone hurt you.”
Robert sighed and looked away. “I am more afraid for you getting hurt than myself, Milly.”
“You know I can take care of myself and watch after you,” Milan said reassuringly.

“We both would be safer if Ami was here; he is strong and knows what to do.”
Milan was a little offended but knew Ami was stronger. “Ami is a hot head and his temper drives him and makes him take wrong decisions. He is dangerous.”
“He may be dangerous, but he is not evil. Maybe he has calmed down,” Robert suggested in a hopeful voice.
“Fine, I’ll try, but if he comes and is the same I will ask him to leave; I can’t protect you from both my brother and other vampires,” Milan said and let go of her father.
“I’ll leave you alone so you can focus,” Robert left the room with a smile, but Milan had to walk outside.

She sat down at the damp lawn behind the house cross-legged with her palms pressed into the ground. She had to clear her head completely; clear it from worries about the new vampires, worries about her father, herself and her brother.
Milan drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly before she spoke. “Ami, my brother, wherever you are in the world, listen to me. You have to come home. Fast. Our father needs you. I need you.”

Milan felt very stupid where she sat with her eyes closed and talked into the empty air. She didn’t really believe in the whole twin-telepathy, but it had worked before.

^^^

Jacob had stayed true on his promise with not talking to Milan at school and she was grateful for that. But what Milan hadn’t expected was that she wanted to talk to him, to just have a normal conversation about a normal everyday subject – like the damp weather. Jacob handed Milan a note under the desk right before the class ended and she read it quickly.

Meet me in the forest after school’ It was written in Jacob’s messy handwriting and held no question.
Milan didn’t look at him as she nodded her head and walked out of the classroom.

Jacob stared after her before walking to the lunchroom. He was the last to arrive at their lunch table. Jacob would very much sit next to Milan, it looked like she was eating, something the people, or vampires, at his table weren’t doing. He shouldn’t complain though; he could get four extra lunches if he wanted.

“Why is she staring at us?” Emmett asked but didn’t look up from the table. Everybody knew who he talked about.
“She isn’t staring at us; she’s staring at Jacob,” Edward said, not managing to shut up. He knew Milan wanted to have someone to talk to under lunch, even though she wouldn’t admit it.
“What?” Emmett asked and raised his voice a little and glared at Jacob. Emmett was worried the mutt would make his angel fall for him.

“Calm down Emmett and don’t make a scene,” Jasper said and put a calming hand on Emmett’s shoulder.
Emmett shook it off and kept glaring at Jacob. “Why the hell is she interested in the dog?”
Jacob kicked his foot under the table. “Because I went hunting with her yesterday, and I’m hunting with her later as well.”

“How did you get her to accept you?” Alice asked in wonder; she couldn’t see Jacob’s future, meaning she didn’t know what he was up to when he left the house. And she hadn’t shared her little discovery with her siblings, but it seemed as if Alice could see Milan’s future when she was in human form, but the second she transformed she disappeared.
Jacob shrugged. “I promised her not to acknowledge her at school or talk to her.”

“But why are you doing it?” Emmett wouldn’t back down.
He sighed heavily. “Ness told me to get to know her better, because she wants at least one person in the family to know her and she thought it would be easiest for me. Nessie is worried about you Emmett.”
Emmett groaned. “Edward you have to teach your daughter to mind her own business. I don’t need a new mate.”
The other at the table exchanged looks without Emmett noticing.

“Do you know what she is so worried about?” Jasper asked to change the subject in a voice that hid all interest. “Her feelings are changing from excitement to fear and worry.”
“I said I don’t talk to her,” Jacob rolled his eyes.
“She is thinking about a man, and that she hopes he has changed,” Edward told them.
“I have been looking out for her and her father and I know they are scared because we came, and I have seen a male showing up at their house,” Alice said and tried to focus on her visions.
“When is he coming?” Jacob asked, being a little afraid for his new hunting partner.
“I don’t know, it is as if the person hasn’t made up his mind and it changes all the time,” She explained.

“You should go sit with her,” Alice said with a smile. “Try to get her to tell you who the male is, it is obvious she knows him.”
Jacob shook his head. “I promised her.”
“Then I’ll go,” Emmett was standing and heading away from the table before anyone had the chance to stop him.

Emmett had never been nervous before, not that he was now anyway, but he felt something inside his cold and dead body as he made his way across the large lunchroom. Milan didn’t look up at him as he neared her table, but he knew she knew he was coming.

“Mind if I join you?” Emmett asked expectantly.
“Yes,” Milan said and closed the book she was writing in. Emmett didn’t have the chance to read what there stood.
“We won’t have to talk, just let me sit with you,” he suggested.
“No.”
“I know you want someone to sit with. Tell who the person you are worried about is,” Emmett wasn’t sure if he could tell her about Alice’s and Edward’s gifts, but she had her gift of her own, he thought, covering her trail.

Milan finally met his eyes with a hard glare but Emmett saw the confusion under her cover. He took it as his chance to sit down.
“Do you really want the humans to get something more to gossip about? The outsider hanging with the new kids,” Milan said and kept her eyes locked with the vampire across from her.
“I don’t mind if you don’t mind,” Emmett smiled at her.
“I do mind, but I don’t care,” She said and crossed her arms on top of the table. She looked up at him from under her long eyelashes.

Emmett was staring at her with his mouth hanging open as if he was retarded, but he was just taken aback by her beauty. Milan raised an eyebrow at him and he closed his mouth. Emmett felt like an idiot; here he sat with his mouth hanging open when he could be talking to her.

“What are you writing?” he managed to ask and nodded towards the book.
Milan was about to snap at him for asking, but changed her mind. “Everything, anything. Stories, lyrics, my diary.”
“You want to be a writer.” He concluded.
She let out a laugh, but it sounded more like a snort. “Maybe if I won’t be stuck in high school for the rest of my life. My father is an author though.”
“Your father?” Emmett raised his eyebrows and held back a smirk. “I thought he was your grandfather.”
Milan stared back at him with the same look in her face. “How are your adoptive parents doing?”

Emmett chuckled and looked away from her to get a grip. “Is he a known author?”
Milan shrugged and looked away as well. “A little; he writes under the pseudonym Frans Milano.”
“Are you kidding me? I love his books,” Emmett grinned.
“You don’t strike me as someone that read,” she said to him.
“I don’t usually do, but I like his books because they are the only horror books about vampires that are believable…” Emmett trailed off. “You’re his inspiration, right?”
Milan faked a gasp. “Are you calling me a vampire? They only exist in the books my father writes.” She was scared over how easy it was to talk to him, how easy it was to forget all the boundaries she had made for herself.

He laughed. “I’m not calling you a vampire, but you’re close to it, right?”
She ran her fingers across her lips as if she was closing a zipper.
“Tell me how old you are then,” He suggested.
“How old are you?” She asked back.
“I asked you first,” he smirked.
“You could guess,” Milan shrugged.
Emmett shook his head. “My mother taught me it is rude to guess a woman’s age, it is impolite. You could guess mine though.”

Milan fought against her laughter. “You look older than the average senior; you look like you’re in your early twenties.”
“But we weren’t talking about how old we looked,” Emmett told her.
The room around them had dissolved and it was only them in their bubble, but their voices were so low that the humans sitting around them didn’t hear, to their great dismay, what they were talking about.

Milan opened her mouth to suggest an age just as the bell rang and brought them back to reality. Emmett frowned.
“Should we continue the conversation in P.E?” he asked her.
Milan hid her smile. “Maybe.”
“What is today’s excuse?”
“Cramps,” She frowned.
Emmett laughed. “Nice one.”
“It’s true though,” She said and rose from the table and strode away from him.

If he could, Emmett would be blushing. He pushed it away and walked to his next class. He was almost in a daze over finally being able to talk to her. She was so different than he thought she would be. She was sarcastic, something Emmett loved. He was worried that Alice’s visions about him finding a new mate would be true. Alice’s visions – that was what he forgot to ask Milan about!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates, but some shit happened and I have been hiding in my grandparents basement without contact with the outside world.

And the whole brother thing was just something that popped into my mind, like many other thing does, and I considered rewriting the chapters, but decided to just drop him in : P

I'll update if I get four new comments!

Comment and Subscribe :)


~ BreeVixen