She'll Be The Death Of Me

Two

Johns POV:

Alex came over to me, Kennedy and Pat while Jack and the girl who I didn’t know-but wanted to know so badly- chased each other.

“Hey you guys, where’s the rest of your losers?” Alex joked, patting me on the back.

“Garrets jacked up on Red Bull, and we left Jared to control him,” Pat explained, brushing hair out of his eyes.

Alex nodded and we heard a fit of giggles come from behind Alex, not from the girl though, from Jack.

“Wow Jack, you’re really manly!” Pat piped up, making Jack’s head snap around and come bounding towards us, the girl following slowly behind him. She looked uncertain, but then her nervousness seemed to fade away as she started walking at a normal speed, not as slow as a slug.

“Patty cakessss!” Jack squealed, tackling Pat.

“Gay,” I pretended to cough. Kennedy chuckled.

“I am not! I just love Pat! Wait, that sounds gay… But I’m not! I just said something that made me sound gay, so that makes me, wait, now I’m confused,” Jack whined confusing himself.

“Stop embarrassing yourself and introduce me to your not as lame friends. I need to meet new people, Alex is boring me,” The girl said, making me look at her.

“Hey!” Alex pouted.

“Love you Alex,” She said, patting his head. “Now, introduce me,” The girl said to Jack again.
“Fine. I can’t believe you can’t even say your own name…” Jack muttered, and then looked at Kennedy, Pat and me. “Guys, this is Mackenzie.” Mackenzie; I liked it. “Mackenzie, this is Pat,” He pointed to Pat. “Kennedy,” He now poked Kennedy. I was a little scared to be introduced by Jack now, fearing he would pinch me since he poked Kennedy. “And this is John.” He said, messing up my hair like my mom used to do to me. “They’re from The Maine,” Realization dawned on her and she smiled at all of us, looking at me a little while longer.

“How can you think I’m boring? Especially compared to Pat and John! I’m prettier than John!” Alex said, commenting on the insult Mackenzie had given Alex a few minutes ago.

“Nah, Pat and John are better than you two,” She said, coming over to stand next to me. They both pouted.

“Jack, why did we bring ‘Kenzie again, remind me? Because every hour I’m with her I’m more and more tempted to ship her back to home.” Alex said.

“Because she used to be cool,” Jack said, flicking her. “Get away from us you loser,” Jack teased. Mackenzie’s jaw dropped. “Kidding, Mack, love you,” Jack winked, and she giggled.

“Are you guys like, dating?” Pat asked.

“Ewww!” They both said in unison. I felt relief wash over me. They weren’t dating; I could still have a chance.

“No, never, icky.” Mackenzie said, scrunching her nose up. Jack put on a hurt expression.

“I’m kidding you wacko, but dating you would be weird,” She said.

“Oh I wasn’t implying it wouldn’t be weird. It would be insanely weird; I would have to like, kiss you. EW! You have chapped lips! Nasty, I was just offended you called me icky”
Mackenzie smacked him on the arm, and returned to my side.

“John, take me somewhere, they’re mean. I had to ride for days in a bus with them, I need a break,” She ordered me. I smiled and we started walking back to my bus.

“Good luck with the devil!” Alex shouted after us.

“Fuck youuuu!” Mackenzie said over her shoulder in a singsong voice.

I chuckled and she smiled up at me; the sunlight made her eyes look clear, although I could tell that they were light blue.

“So, why are you on tour with them?” I asked as she looked at the ground.

“Jack’s like, my best friend, along with the rest of the geeks, and he wouldn’t leave me alone until I agreed to come on tour with them, plus, I get to see the whole Warped Tour for free,” She said.

She suddenly put her hand in front of me so that I couldn’t walk and she stretched up on her toes and started playing with my hair. A moment later, she got off of her tiptoes and looked back at me. “Sorry, I needed to play with your hair, I do it to everybody who has cool hair, I’m weird like that,” She beamed.

I chuckled. “Want to get something to eat?” She nodded.

- - -

We ended up walking a block to the nearest McDonalds. She skipped into the restaurant, pulling me along by the hand, and walked up to the cash register. The man looked up at her, and then did a double take, and his eyes widened, and he smiled. He then looked over to me and his smile faded.

“What can I get you?” He asked in a monotone voice.

“I want a kids meal; cheeseburger,” She said quickly. I smiled at her.

“And you?”

“Medium fries,” I said.

“That’ll be seven dollars and thirty five cents.” I fished my wallet out of my back pocket and paid the man with the boring attitude, and a lady placed a tray of food next to us and Mackenzie immediately picked it up.

“Thank you, Jonathan.” She said my name formally; placing the food in the middle of the table she pulled me to.

“You are welcome Miss… What’s your last name?” I grinned sheepishly, embarrassed that I didn’t know her last name.

She giggled. “King. Mackenzie King,” She smiled proudly. “Yours of course is O’Callaghan,"

I nodded and bit down on a fry. This was going to be a good tour.