Status: Not sure how often I'll be able to update this since I'm not writing much, but I'll try

Teen Assassin 102

Chapter Four

I grabbed my room key and slid out the door. I walked down the stairs walked up to the overly perky girl who was running the lobby coffee shop. “One iced mocha, and one black iced tea please.” May as well get Benjamin something.

As I waited for my drinks I felt a tap on my shoulder.
I looked and saw Bryan standing there. I smiled and tossed my hair as though I was just struck that a cute guy had just paid attention to me. “Hi! Can I help you?”
“Do I know you?” He asked peering at me.
“Not that I know of…” Had he been working out? He looked like he was in a lot better shape than the last time I saw him, which was saying something.
“Are you sure? You look really familiar…”
“I really don’t think we’ve met before,” I said.
“Well can we sit down and chat over a coffee?”
“I’d love to but I have to get back upstairs. My brother is waiting for me.”
“Where are your parents?”
“They’re on a this super fun two week cruise so me and my bro decided to come into the city to visit some friends and have some fun while they’re gone, but don’t tell; it’s a secret.” I winked at him.
“Do you come to the city often?”
“Not really, so I don’t really know what’s around…”
“Maybe I could show you around sometime.”
“Maybe, but I’ll have to get it okayed by Jeremy, I don’t know what our schedule is.”
“Ah well, I’ll see you around sometime.”
I nodded and took the drinks before heading back for the hotel room.
I opened the door and handed the drink to Benjamin before taking a sip of my own.
“Is it poisoned?”
“Would I tell you if it was?”
“Don’t be a smartass.”
“Heh heh, it’s not poisoned.”
“Thank you.”
“For not poisoning you?”
“For finally giving me a straight answer.”
“You’re welcome.”
I sipped my drink and slid on to my bed and lay down on my bed without the usual grandeur.
“You okay?”
“I guess.”
“What have I told you about lying?”
“I am okay, just not perfect. It wasn’t a lie.”
“Something dramatic happen while getting coffee?”
I told him everything that happened between me and Bryan.
“You did well, he’ll still be suspicious but it will most likely be more curiosity than anything so you might be able to get close to him and find some stuff out.”
“I was guessing as much.”
We both fell silent as he tinkered with his laptop and I stared at the ceiling submerged in memories for what seemed like the millionth time over the past few months.

I slid my knife out of the case on my ankle and began to sharpen the blade which was probably already sharp enough.
“Here,” as I looked at Banjamin he tossed a knife case to me. “If you’re going to sharpen a knife you may as well do it to one that needs it.”
I looked at him. There were still three attached to his waist and two to each ankle and wrist.
“Where were you keeping these?”
He smirked. “Secret.”
“It was in your pants wasn’t it?”
“No, it under my pillow. Genius.”
I can honestly say I sighed from relief, which I think made him smirk even more. He kind of looked like an elf when he did that.
I pulled out the knife and examined it. It had a sturdy, if somewhat boring, handle with a very nice blade that had obviously been well used.
“How long do you go between sharpening?” I asked. This was kind of ridiculous.
“It’s been a while.”
“I noticed.”
♠ ♠ ♠
More soon! Thankies for reading and PLEASE comment ^_^