Girl of My Dreams

One.

“Name?” The lady behind the counter with the swollen belly asked, looking up at me with a warm smile. I returned the gesture.

“Tori Carlson.” I replied. She looked down to her clipboard, nodding to herself.

“Alright, go on in. Fifth door to the left. Good luck, sweetie.” She sent me off, smiling. I took a deep breath as I walked down the hall, counting the doors. One…Two…Three…Four…Five. I gulped, raising my fist to knock.

“Come in.” A male’s voice answered, my cheeks flaring red at the very sound. I walked in slowly, biting my lip. He was on the phone with someone and held up a finger, gesturing me to both hold on and sit. I did so, crossing my legs, fumbling with my hands.

“No, Caitlyn – I am serious. It’s over. Stop calling me.” He growled, frowning as he paused to listen to whoever the ‘Caitlyn’ girl was. “You cheated on me!” He snapped suddenly. “Do you honestly believe I’m going to take you back?!” He said a few more choice words before slamming the phone on the receiver. He huffed, looking to me with narrowed eyes. I didn’t know what to do or say – so I smiled. His eyes seemed to soften at the gesture.

“I’m sorry about that.” He sighed. “What’s your name?”

“Tori Carlson.” I answered, handing him my résumé. He looked it over.

“No past experience, eh?” He looked back to me, eyebrow raised.

“Yeah.” I said, nodding. “I, uh, really need a job. My best friend is in the hospital. She’s like a sister to me…” I trailed off, biting my lip. “Sorry. I won’t get into that. I just really need this.” I sighed slightly, dropping my gaze. “I understand, though; you won’t hire every girl with a sob story.” I stood. I wasn’t even letting him speak – I knew what he’d say. He’d think I was lying to get close to him – close to Justin Bieber. But I wasn’t. My best friend – Brianna – was sick and in the hospital. Her and her boyfriend, Nick, had gotten into a bad car wreck. Nick’s family was able to pay his bills and everything, but she didn’t have anyone to help her. Her parents don’t care and she has no siblings. I was the only thing she had. I had to help her. And if I can’t get this job, I’ll get something else. I’ll work corners if I have to. Anything to keep her alive.

“Wait.” He said as I walked toward the door. I turned, looking at him over my shoulder. “I’ve heard a lot of bullshit stories today,” he said, “but for some reason, I believe you. You’re different. I think you’re actually telling me the truth.” I looked at him in hope, waiting. “It’s not that hard of a job. You’ll learn. Welcome to Bieber Records, Ms. Carlson.”

I, apparently, was filling over for the pregnant woman. She was due any day now, and was on maternity leave. I’d be his secretary and right-hand-woman for the next 2 years – if I lasted that long.

“MTV wants an interview.” I asked, reading off things from the list of companies and people that wanted him to do something for them.

“Pass.” He answered, looking out the big windows behind his desk, his feet propped up. He looked good as a teen, and now, at 24, he looked ever better.

“Ellen wants you to guest star.”

“Maybe.” He liked Ellen; he’d probably go for that one. I put a small star next to it on the list and moved on.

“Jimmy Kimmel-” He cut me off.

“No.” I blinked, looking up at him. “I don’t like him.” He said childishly, pouting at me.

“How come?” I asked curiously.

“He’s a jackass.” He answered simply, shrugging. I smiled slightly, looking back to the clipboard. “What’s for lunch?” I looked up.

“Huh?”

“Lunch.” He repeated, eyebrows furrowing.

“Oh.” I said dumbly. “Oh, shit! I totally forgot.” I stood quickly, dropping my clipboard on the small coffee table. “I’m sorry, Mr. Bieber, I’ll get something now-”

“It’s alright.” He chuckled. “No big deal; it’s your first day. Just remember from now on, okay?” He winked, making me blush as I nodded and shuffled toward the door. “Tori.” He called. I looked over my shoulder. “Call me Justin.”

“Uh,” I felt my cheeks get even warmer, “Okay.”

As the first week passed, I grew more comfortable around Justin. We were more like friends than associates. He told me about his life, and I, in turn, told him about mine. He even said he wanted to visit Bri in the hospital with me some time.

He was pretty amazing, I had to admit.

Toriiii,” He whined, “Stop working.”

“Sorry, no can do.” I said, not looking away from the stack of papers in front of me, hiding my smile, “my boss might fire me.”

“I don’t think he will.” He said, snatching my pen. “Come on, I’m starving. Lunch break.” I rolled my eyes, standing.

“Fine.” He grabbed my jacket from the hooks, putting it on me for me. I fought my blush as I followed him outside. “You do realize I’m never gonna finish my work now, right?”

“Yup.” He popped the ‘P,’ as he walked beside me, grinning. We went inside some pizza place that smelled amazing. He placed the order for the 4 slices of pizza; two cheese and two pepperoni. We sat down with our food after a moment. “So,” he began, “when do I get to meet the amazing Bri you speak so highly of?”

“I dunno. Whenever I get a day off?” I raised an eyebrow at him, making him laugh.

“Tomorrow, then?”

“I got the day off tomorrow?” I asked in excitement. “Score!” I rejoiced, beaming. We finished our meal, talking throughout the hour about everything that came to mind. He refused to let me pay for my slices and payed for them instead. I hated when people did that. I could afford my own things, thank you. I knew he was just being polite, but still, I like to support myself. We walked back in a comfortable silence. We passed a park and I couldn’t help but stare at the children running about. They reminded me of Bri and I when we were younger; pushing each other on the swings, playing hide and go seek…

I felt tears brim my eyes and forced myself to look away.

“Tori?” He looked at me in confusion. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” I wiped my eyes. “Just thinking.”

“About Bri?” He said quietly. He knew me too well already.

“Yeah.” I nodded, looking at my feet. He was silent for a moment before wrapping an around my shoulders, pulling me close to him, not stopping our stride toward the Bieber Records building. I stared at him surprise, but he didn’t look at me. I smiled softly, turning to look straight.

True to his word, Justin gave me the next day off. But, he didn’t fail to call me at eight in the morning to wake up, though.

“What?” I grumbled into my cell.

“Wake up, we’re going to the hospital.”

“Huh-wha?” I stuttered in confusion. “The hell did you get my number?”

“Résumé.” He replied. “I’m coming over in ten minutes.” He paused. “Actually, make that five.”

“Five minutes?!” I exclaimed, jumping out of bed. “That’s not enough time to get ready!”

“Yes, it is.” He answered, laughing. “See you soon.” I hit end without saying goodbye, tossing my phone across the room as I dug through my clothes.

“Shit, shit, shit.” I looked horrible in the morning. There was no way – in hell – he was going to see me like this. I finally found a suitable outfit to wear and made a dash for the bathroom. I heard knocking at the door exactly five minutes later, when I was in my bra and underwear.

“Honey, I’m home!” His voice announced. I growled.

“Go away!”

“At least let me inside!”

“No!”

“Why not – oh, wait! I remember where the key is!”

“Crap.” I said under my breath. I should have never told him my spare key was in the flower pot. Stupid, Tori, you’re so stupid. I heard the door open and close. I blushed; he’s never seen my apartment before. We’ve talked about it – hence how he knew where the key was – but never really discussed him ever coming over. I mean, he is my boss, after all, right? Maybe it was a little inappropriate for him to be here…especially since I’m not dressed.

“I like your apartment.” I heard him say.

“Thanks.” I answered, pulling my clothes on. The bathroom doorknob jingled slightly. “Go away, Justin, I’m naked.” I lied, grinning.

“Are you really? Does this key work for this door, too?”

“No, it doesn’t. So ha.”

“Hmph. I’ll just find the right key, then.”

“Yeah, okay. Good luck with that.” Since I lost the key for this door. Bahaha. I walked out, fully dressed with my hair and teeth brushed and shoes on ten minutes later, but Bieber wasn’t in site. I looked around in confusion. I went in my room and, lo and behold, there he was, snooping through my drawer. “Justin!” I exclaimed, smacking the back of his head. Yep. My underwear drawer. Figures. “Pig!”

“Sorry, sorry!” He laughed. “Couldn’t resist.”

“Whatever. Can we go now?”

“Pushy.”

“Bite me.”

“Where?”

“My ass.”

“Kinky.” I laughed as he wiggled his eyebrows. I shook my head, locking the door behind me as we left. “Tori, meet my baby. My beautiful Lamborghini.” He said dramatically, showing me his car. I rolled my eyes.

“Beetles are better.” Although, his car was pretty sexy.

“Yeah, right.” He scoffed, opening the door for me. I smiled gratefully, climbing in. He got in the front seat and started the car. I immediately messed with his radio.

What’s ya name? Whatcha drinking? I think I know what you thinkin.” The music blared. Justin began singing along.

“Baby, what’s your sign? Tell me yours, I’ll tell you mine.” He winked at me, making me giggle. “What’s somebody like you doin’ in a place like this?”

“I’ll never be the same,” I sang loudly, grinning, “if we ever meet again.” We sang together.

“Won’t let you get away if we ever meet again. This freefall’s got me sold. Kiss me all night, don’t ever let me go.”

“I’ll never be the same!” I yelled.

“If we ever meet again!” He said in response. I had a bright smile on my face, matching his. “You know, Tori,” he said suddenly, “I think you’re my best friend.” My smile grew even bigger – if it was possible.

“Great. Cause you’re mine, too. Well, after Bri.”

“That’s understandable.”

“Bri!” I grinned, running up to her. She smiled through her scarred face, lifting her arms to embrace me.

“Hey, Tori.”

“I love youuu.” I said wiggling and shaking her. She giggled.

“I love you, too.” We pulled away. “Oh.” She blinked, head tilting as she noticed Justin. “Who’s this?” I knew she damn well knew who he was.

“I’m Justin.” He said, taking her hand and kissing it lightly. “It’s nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you.” I could see her cheeks turn a light pink.

“Oh really?”

“Really.” He winked. He sure does wink a lot. There’s gonna be something wrong with his eye someday…

Bri and Justin clicked immediately, much to my surprise. They really liked each other. I wasn’t sure in which way, though. We stayed all day, and left when visiting hours ended. He drove me home, me almost falling asleep against the window. I think I dozed off, cause the next thing I knew, he was shaking me.

“We’re here.” He said. I nodded, yawning as I climbed out. He walked me to my door. “Gotta say, Bri is pretty awesome.” I grinned.

“I know, right?” I said. “You sure took a liking to her.”

“Not like that.” He said, rolling her eyes. “She’s sweet – more like a sister. I have my eye on someone else.”

“Oh.” I shrugged. “Whatever. Night.” I turned to my door, digging through my pocket for my keys.

“Tori,” he grabbed my hand, turning me around. I looked up at him, “I’m pretty sure my best friend is the girl of my dreams,” he said, “and my secretary.” He smirked as my eyes widened. My cheeks flushed.

“Uh…” I blinked. “Seriously?” I squeaked.

“Mmhm.” His smirk turned into a smile as his arms coiled around my waist, lips brushing mine. “May I?”

“Uh-huh.” I said in a daze as he kissed me fully.

So, I’m pretty sure it’s like…illegal to fuck your boss. But, I think it was making love, so maybe we’re not breaking any laws.

God knows what work is gonna be like from now on.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was like...over 2,000 words o____o

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.

XD