Status: Need A Light? Give It A Try.

Need A Light?

*** You

"Yeah well, fuck you! Yeah you heard me, fuck you bitch!" hugging my dear friend Sprite I laughed loudly, "You know I'm kidding, I love you!"

"I love you too loser!" Sprite flung her snow white blond hair over her shoulder, and smiled at me, flashing gorgeous white pearls, then batting her baby blue eyes she handed me the small brown bag which consisted of a small sandwich and a couple cookies, she blew me a kiss, "I will see you later tonight, I don't work, but nobody will be with me either, so we can have a girls night!"

I smiled, "Thanks Sprite, well I gotta get going, before the principal catches you around here, and before I get another detention, which reminds me, can you pick me up after wards? I don't wanna ride the bus home."

"Sure thing, bye!" she skipped off, her hair bouncing behind her as she continued her way down the small sidewalk to her lovely small silver car, the one I envied her for ever getting. I listened for it to go screeching down the road, and then I heard it, the rubber burning up the asphalt.

Turning on my heel after I knew she was gone, I went back to the wooden picnic table, sat down and ate my small lunch.

-

The rest of the day had passed by in a blur, and then before I knew it, I was in detention, chewing on my bottom lip, and playing the carton of cigarettes I had stashed in my left jacket pocket. Normally the teacher never actually watches us while in detention, he just leaves and goes to the teachers lounge, and leaves us to ourselves. Well just until it is about fifteen minutes before it ends. So I just leave and have a nice cancer stick or two, or sometimes I even stay in the classroom then spritz some perfume all around the room after I'm done.

"And today in Detention you will have two people joining you Miss. Kandi," he opened the door and let in the ever so peppy looking Allie, who looked scared shit-less at the same time. Probably half expecting for everyone in here to have tattoos and chains with balls at the end. Then I watched as she breathed a sigh of relief, seeing as though nobody had either one, she sat down in the far back corner, and took out a notebook. Then after her followed in Liam, he was a usual, his black shaggy skater hair covered his lonesome brown eyes. His tall thin body was unusually built for someone so thin, but he was built, and it was fine. He took his usual seat at the back in the middle right. I nodded at him, "Alright, I will be back in one hour and a half, see you all soon, delinquents, besides Allie."

I watched the door shut, then waited ten minutes, "Alright, I'm out, be back soon."

Allie watched in horror as I headed towards the door, "Gonna go be a prostitute?!"

Stopping as I grasped the silver handle, the metal then became warm with my anger that rushed through my whole body, "What did you say?" I released the handle, and turned my body to face her fully. She was sitting in the seat, a pink pen in hand, and her hair tumbling over her shoulders must have taken it out of its pony tail, with her eyes looking big and innocent, it didn't fool me though, "What did you fucking say to me?"

She sat back a bit, and crossed her arms over her chest, cocked her left eyebrow and looked me dead in the eye, "Gonna go be a hooker like your whore of a friend who got herself killed?"

Exhaling I stepped towards her, all of the rows, so I was now looking her dead in the eye, "Bitch, you don't fucking know shit. She killed herself, and don't ever call her a whore, you got that?!"

She gave me a smirk, "Whatcha gonna do about it?"

"I thought you didn't have a back bone, bitch," I could see Liam stand up out of the corner of my eye, he might be a loner, but whenever someone in the detention room looks like they are gonna start fighting, he stands up to break it up. Unless of course it involves him, then he is perfectly fine with it, "Listen here; You don't call my girls whores or none of that shit, and I'll let you keep your teeth to nibble at Donald's little dick when you're on your knees for him," her pink plump lips dropped open into the perfect 'O' shape, "Yeah like that! That's how you give a perfect one, now get the fuck outta here before I kick your ass."

She collected herself, inhaled and stood up, collected her books in her arms, and walked over to the other side of the classroom. I nodded, the looked at Liam, he sat back down. Looking back at the door, I started my way towards it, grabbed the handle once more, turned it and left the classroom.

-

'Fucking cunt thinks she can come into detention and thinks she's all big and bad, then have the nerve to call my girl a whore? So what she killed herself, yeah she had a lot of demons in her past, and needed to leave them behind. She was brave to do something like that, she isn't a coward, and she had to have sex for money because there was no other way. Her dad beat the shit outta her, her older brother raped her, and mother just didn't even care. Berri made the right choice, I just wish I could do the same, but I can't because I ain't brave enough for it.' A hand grasped my shoulder, I turned around and gasped, dropping my cigarette into a puddle in the alleyway. I looked up at the person who grabbed my shoulder...Liam, "What do you want?"

He handed me a freshly lit stick, I took it, then inhaled an extremely long drag, my hands began to stop shaking for a moment, "Don't listen to Allie."

Stepping back a bit, I looked at him, those were the first words he had ever spoken directly to me, "Why not?" still overcoming the shock of his voice speaking towards my body.

"Because she is a stupid bitch who thinks that just because she got one detention she is some bad ass chick who is all that. She isn't trust me, I would know, I got a detention for beating the shit outta her boyfriend, he's the same way. Thinks that just because he did weed once he's some tough guy," a drag was taken at that time, then exhaled, "But in reality, he isn't."

Leaning up against the cool brick wall behind us, I took three more drags, then stomped on my cancer stick with the tip of my combat boots, "Thanks for the cigarette."

"Don't mention it, wanna head back now?" he turned to face the silver metal door that lead back into the room with the bitch who knew everything. Also it would take me back into the building that I despised more than anything in the world. Even more than my own house where the guy who hit me everyday was.

I shook my head, "Can I talk to you, about something serious? I mean hell who are you gonna tell anyway?" I was stupid I knew that, I was trusting something big with a guy who could end up being popular by next Tuesday, but I could care less, I needed a guy to trust.

"Depends, can I trust you with something?"

I nodded, so did he, "You go first."

He laughed slightly, showing a very adorable smile, something I was not expecting, "Sure, my old man hits me, the bat called mom is always smashed out of her mind. My baby sister is pregnant with my ex friends baby. My older brother is in jail for dealing. And I'm thinking about suicide, what should I do?"

'Did he really just tell me all that? Fuck I don't know what to do, the guy has never said more than two words to me really, and now here he is telling me his whole fucking life story?! Shit.' "Can you go home with me today? I need to get some clothes, and then I can help you after I get all my things."

He nodded, "Wanna ditch?"

I bit my bottom lip, "I can't my friend Sprite is picking me up after detention."

"Cool, let's get back inside though, it's starting to rain, and we don't want someone so sweet to melt away," he winked at me, then held the door open, we ran back to the classroom, took our seats, and looked as though we had never even moved.

-

"I hope all you delinquents don't end up in here again, and if you do, goody! It keeps the seats warm and gives them a purpose after hours," the teacher with the man boobs commented as we all exited the room after our torture was up.

Waving to Liam as we left the school building, I looked over to my left and there sitting on the hood of her car like a model was Sprite, her blonde hair flipped over her small shoulders, and her radiant smile twinkled like stars in the night sky as she shone her grace over me. Then her piercing blue eyes shot a glance at Liam, I could tell because they looked right through me and in the direction behind me, "He's cute!" she mouthed as I came into a closer range.

"Oh I know he is, too bad he's gay," I laughed as her eyes darted down to my crotch.

"Dear unless you grew a penis in the last twenty four hours, I'm one hundred percent sure he is straight!" she playfully punched me in the shoulder, then placed a peck on my cheek, "So I guess you know about Berri?"

The car became eerily silent, no words were exchanged for a moment or two, "Oh, I know about Berri, trust me, I know. Sprite, I was there when she did it, she told me she loves me and wants to see me go far, and that she doesn't want anything bad to happen to me, and that if my old man gives me any shit to hold a gun to his temple and threaten to pull it. Sprite, Berri's dead, and I don't know what I'm gonna do!"

She tore down the street leading us to her small apartment which was about ten minutes from Berri's apartment, she released a small sigh, bit her bottom lip and chewed on it for a minute, her thinking face, "Well we can just hope for the best, have a proper burial, I have some money saved up and so does Spider and Cocktail, they said they would be more than happy to help bury her. I mean none of us want to bury her, it's just...Fuck you know what I mean?!"

"Sadly," a soft sigh escaped, "I do. I honestly do. All this bull shit is stupid, I mean all of us are fucking teenagers, and here we are either having sex or selling or taking drugs, or burring one of our best friends!"

A soft chuckle came from her peach lips, "Broken homes, broken hearts, broken lives."

Spoken like a true child of abuse, a true child of hurt, and true child that has lived through hell, and came out on the other side with only a few burns. But a lifetime of memories.

'Can any of us really get out alive anymore? Or are we all destined to be like Berri? Brains splattered all over our living room wall, after having the shit beat outta us by our pimp. Is that the life we are all meant to live, or is that the life we are all supposed to avoid? Or are we supposed to have lives like Liam, abused, broken, and hurting to a point of wanting death? What is wrong with the world anymore. All of us teenagers are being hurt, or we have perfect lives. Doesn't anyone just have a normal life? With two parents, a younger sibling, pets, a nice house, no drugs or alcohol involved. Can't life just be normal?' Sighing, I looked out the window, the sun that had just been there a few moments ago, was once again engulfed by the grey clouds, showing a sign of rain.

"Looks like rain to me, what about you?" Sprite had parked her car, both of us climbed out, she locked it up, and we moved into her apartment.

-

"Sprite?"

She was biting into a chocolate chip cookie, while I picked at my own cookie that sat on my knee, we were on her couch in the brightly painted blue living room, "Yo?"

"Have you ever wanted a normal life?"

Looking up into my eyes, she chewed slowly, then placed the cookie back down on her knee as well, "Babe, if life was meant to be easy, then it would be normal. Everything perfect. But life was meant to be hard, so that makes it...un-normal?"

I laughed at her facial expression for 'un-normal', "Well okay."

"Why would you ask that?"

A content sigh fell from my mouth, as did a few crumbs from my cookie, brushing them from my lap and onto the floor, I looked down at them, "Because I have a friend, and let's just say his life is so fucked up right now it would make a clown cry."

"Need to talk to him?"

"Majorly."

"Is he really your friend? Or is it that cutie from school? If so he looks like he has some problems, but he also looks like a loner, why the hell would he open up to you so easily?"

My bottom lip began bleeding at that moment, I chewed through the top layer again, "Who the hell knows?"

'He does, and you have to talk to him Kandi, don't let anything happen to him, or you'll be the one who feels horrible.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Short? Sorry :/

Liam opened up so easily for reasons that will be explained in the next chapter !

Like//Dislike?

Comments!
-Nicole