Status: Currently on hold but not forgotten!

Novelty T-shirts

Brain Damaging Hair Products

“So that woman was your manager?” asked Tom as he and Corey continued to sign books and smile at screaming fans. They had been doing this for a good half hour but the line didn’t seem to shorten at all. Actually, it seemed to be getting longer.

“Yeah, she’s a bitch but she really does know what she’s doing.” Corey answered, “what about you, I know for a fact that you have to have one of your ‘people’ here somewhere.” She looked up from the book in her hands and waited for the actor to speak.

“Yeah, she’s over there, but I can’t remember her name for the life of me.” Tom pointed to a blonde woman in the corner who seemed to be staring at the duo with unnatural fascination.

“Isn’t that a little stereotypical?” Corey asked as she looked away from the creepy, stalker, lady. “I mean, people are always making jokes about celebrities not knowing the names of the people that work for them.”

“It’s not my fault!” He laughed, “she must be new or something because I’ve never seen her before in my life. The only reason I know she’s not some overly obsessive fan is that the guy who normally represents me, Jamison, called this morning and said he was sending his assistant. I know he mentioned her name, but I can’t remember.” Corey smiled at his statement and barely managed to keep herself from laughing.

“Maybe the bleach is messing with your head,” she offered. “After all these years of doing that to your hair, there has got to be a few consequences.” Oh, she did it now. Corey has always had the problem of saying something before she has the chance to think it through.

“Maybe,” he agreed and smiled at the blush coloring the author’s cheeks. “I told them to let me wear a wig, but did the great maker of the Harry Potter films listen? No.” The two barely noticed that they had continued to sign books the entire time they were talking.

“Why don’t we talk about something else, other than mangers, movies, and brain damaging hair products?” Corey asked with a smile at Tom’s use of sarcasm. Apparently beautiful people could be funny.

“Um… what made you-“ Tom’s sentence was cut off when Corey suddenly held up a hand and flipped open a cell phone that she had pulled from her pocket. He watched as the woman bowed her head and started typing away at the small keyboard, too entranced by the device to move the golden hair from her face.

“What are you doing tonight?” She asked several minutes later. Tom had gone back to signing anything in front of him and noticed for the first time that even though Corey was obviously texting, she was doing so with only one hand, leaving the other to continue signing. It wasn’t until Corey waved the hand with the phone in it, in front of his face that he realized he had yet to answer her question.

“Nothing, but Daniel and-“ He was cut off for the second time by Corey and if it were anyone else he would have been thoroughly annoyed, as it was, he simply thought it was adorable.

“Go to dinner with me.” It was a question or even a suggestion, the blonde woman had literally ordered Tom to go out with her.

“Why?” He asked and was forced to look away from her cold, silvery eyes when a book was tossed in his direction so harshly he couldn’t help but glare at the young girl in front of him.

“My favorite restaurant is having a big theme night and I get a free meal if I bring a celebrity.” Corey replaced the phone and stared intently at the line of people, which seemed to have at least shortened a little. She hadn’t meant to demand the man beside her to accompany her to dinner tonight, she just forgot that this was Tom Felton and not Robert Pattinson, Ashton Kutcher, Zac Efron, or any of her other male celebrity friends.

“What theme?” asked Tom and Corey nearly fell out of her chair. He hadn’t out right refused or laughed in her face, he seemed to actually be interested.

“S-Sugarcult,” she answered and mentally cursed at the fact she had stuttered. Real attractive, Corey, she thought with a mental sigh.

“What’s that?” Tom asked honestly, causing Corey to look at him as if she had never seen something so strange and unusual.

“You’ve never heard of Sugarcult?” Her hand continued to fly across the paper at seemingly inhuman speeds but her eyes never left the young actor. She simply couldn’t believe what she’d just heard, this man hadn’t heard of the best band to ever grace the earth. What was this planet coming to?

“No, that’s why I asked what it was,” Tom said with a small smile that made Corey’s brain turn to mush.

“Oh, it’s a band. A really really good band, a band that everyone should have heard of, but a band nonetheless.” Corey said and let her gaze drift over the slightly less crowded store. Most of the press had gone, thankfully, and the line of people seemed to be filled with interested fans instead of obsessed fanatics, definitely a good sign.

“Then sure, whatever it takes for random people to eat for free.” Once again, Corey had to grip the table in order to keep from falling out of her chair. He was supposed to politely refuse the offer and the fact that he hadn’t threw Corey off.

“Really?” She asked before she had time to catch herself. “But your you, and I’m me.” People like Tom Felton didn’t go to dinner with Corey Hills, not as friends, not as business associates, it just didn’t happen in the real world.

“I’m fully aware of who we are,” Tom laughed, obviously unaware of the mental battle Corey was currently having with herself. “And I’d love to find out what makes this band really really good.” She nearly had to place a hand over her mouth to keep herself from squealing uncontrollably. Hello, who wouldn’t in her situation?

“Alright then, you better speed up because the festivities start at eight.” Said Corey and she gave herself an imaginary pat on the back for keeping her cool.