Status: Currently on hold but not forgotten!

Novelty T-shirts

Oh, it's Malfoy

“That is not your car,” said Tom. The bookstore had finally closed and after convincing their babysitters that they weren’t going to ruin their reputations tonight, Corey had escorted Tom out into the parking lot and pointed out the vehicle that they would drive to whatever restaurant she was taking him to.

“Really,” asked Corey in mock confusion. “But that’s what it says on my title.” Tom laughed at the look on the woman’s face before realizing that she thought he meant something negative by the statement.

“No, I mean, everyone’s seen this car around town. I’m here a month out of the year and even I’ve seen it a hundred separate times.” The AMC Pacer was literally on the Hollywood area’s “Must-see” list. It was black with hot pink bubbles around the entire car, surrounding the words “The Bubble” which was painted in the same shade of pink.

“Well, when I do something I like to do right. I’ve had this thing since I was sixteen and after the first book came out and I decided to repaint it, I wanted something everyone would remember and this is what came about. Now stop talking about it and get in.” Tom eyed her suspiciously for a moment before sighing and sliding into the passenger seat.

“Even the inside’s awesome.” He gasped in excitement; the black leather interior was covered in the signatures of nearly every celebrity you could think of.

“Tom, I’m serious when I say that I will kick you out and feed you to the paparazzi if you don’t shut up about the car. Though you do have to sign it, because you’ve officially sat in it.” So this was like a giant autograph book, the actor was mildly uncomfortable with the fact that this woman had just stepped into the limelight eight hours ago and she already knew more famous people than he did.

“Where?” He asked seriously when a white paint pen was handed to him.

“There’s a spot on the dash,” Corey leaned over and placed her finger on an empty space at the same time as the vehicle roared to life. She was kind enough to keep the car stationary for the second and a half it took to sign his name but the moment Tom replaced the cap on the marker, she sped out of the lot like a bat out of hell.

-

“Where are we?” Tom gasped as they parked outside a building with flashing lights that did nothing to display the name of the establishment, his breathing was slightly labored from the heart attack that he surely had during the drive and Corey just stared at him as if he had lost his mind.

“Somewhere awesome,” she said and stepped out of the car, causing camera flashes to suddenly go off and for questions to be fired her way at a mile a minute.

“Thanks for clarifying,” Tom sighed before he too stepped out into the night and jogged to catch up with Corey, who looked perfectly at ease with the people surrounding them.

“Daniel, Calvin.” Corey said as they approached entrance to the building, where two large, identical, tattoo covered men stood with glares on their faces.

“Bubbles!” They said at the same time and the car suddenly made a lot more sense. “We weren’t expecting you tonight,” they continued and with one look, they managed to force the camera welding piranhas back, giving Tom and Corey more room to breathe.

“It’s Sugarcult night, there was no way in hell I was going to miss this. I’ll talk to you two later; Jesse’s waiting for me inside.” She patted both men on the shoulders and grabbed Tom’s wrist before dragging him inside.

The restaurant was simple and dimly lit, giving it a relaxing feel. Totally different than what the outside would have indicated.

“Firefly,” The deep voice seemed to vibrate through the building and Corey’s hand immediately released his as she turned to face a tall, dark haired man who looked to be in his mid-thirties.

“Jesse!” this was the person Corey had been texting while at the signing and she thought of the older man as the brother she always wanted.

“Calm down, Core, you don’t want to cause a Riot.” With that the game was on and she forgot all about her guest in favor of concentrating on it.

“Sorry, maybe some Champagne would help.” She answered and started going through every song by Sugarcult she could think of.

“Just not too much, you know how it affects your Memory.”

“Yeah, all I remember from the last time I had some was Counting Stars when they started swirling around behind my eyes.”

“I knew from the first sip that you’d be Crashing Down.”

“But it was okay because I’m a Pretty Girl.”

“You win,” Jesse said and held his hands up in defeat. “Who do have here?” He gestured toward a confused looking Tom and Corey mentally smacked herself for forgetting he was there.

“Oh, it’s Malfoy.” The older man said as he looked the actor up and down in a way that made most people want to run, from the way Tom’s eyes seemed to widen in fear, he wasn’t an exception.

“Yeah, but you can call me Tom. Um… what was that?” The blonde asked and Corey pushed Jesse away before he had the chance to say something he really shouldn’t have.

“It’s just a game we play every time he has one of these band nights. You have to use a song by said band in a sentence that actually makes a little bit of sense and if you can’t think of one you lose. Oh, and this weirdo right here is Jesse, he’s the owner.” Corey waved a hand in the man’s direction to indicate who she was talking about and Tom nodded in greeting.

“Well, we’re going to go sit down, Jess, put my song on in ten minutes,” Corey ordered and took Tom’s hand again and led him through the dozens of tables until they reached a booth near the stage.

“You really do come here a lot, don’t you?” Asked the actor as Corey gave a signal to a waiter just before he came to place two iced teas in front of the duo.

“Just about once a week or so.” She said nonchalantly, “I’m going to have my usual,” the last part was said to the same waiter and was accompanied by another signal that kept him from handing her a menu.

“Um… get me whatever your special is,” Tom said, he too declining the offered menu. The waiter smiled genuinely and walked away without a word.

“Call 911 before you take a bite of your meal.” Corey laughed. “I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about all that grease.” She then did something Tom hadn’t been expecting, she took her purse from the chair beside her and placed it on the table before reaching in and taking out a pill bottle

“Prozac,” said Tom.

“Very good,” Corey said with a smile as she swallowed the small white orb with a iced tea. “I’d give you a cookie if I had one,” He eyed her strangely for a moment before an announcer was heard through the large speakers on either side of the stage.

“Alright, today we have something special planned for you all.” The man Tom knew was Jesse said with a look in their direction. “In honor of Sugarcult night, Firefly has agreed to start off tonight’s Karaoke competition.” Corey stood and grabbed Tom’s hand once applause broke out, and much to his confusion, she dragged him up on stage with her. Not even releasing him as she took the microphone from Jesse.

“Well, I also have something special planned for you,” said Corey. “I have a Mr. Thomas Andrew Felton here tonight and he agreed to go to dinner with me.” The meaning of that statement was lost on Tom but the crowd seemed to know what she was talking about if their enthusiastic applause was anything to go by.

“What does that mean?” He asked and Corey laughed before leaning in and whispering in his ear. “How are you at dancing?”