Curls.

-

His evening wasn't going so well, he was exhausted and still had half a shift left to go. Greg Sanders was beginning to get aggravated at the smallest of things. One of those things being the curls upon his head.

They bounced up and down, like loose springs, as he strolled along the dimly lit corridor. As he turned and entered the break room of the lab and fell into the closest free chair, they sprung from their usual position and fell in front of his droopy, tired, chocolate brown eyes.

“Stupid curls.” He muttered running his hand through his hair, pushing them back, only for them to fall straight back into place after they were released from his grasp. He tried to push them out of the way again a few more times, before letting out a defeated sigh and allowing them to fall back in front of his eyes. That's it, he thought, I'm getting a damned haircut. He propped his arms up on the table and rubbed his hands up and down his face, as a lame attempt to get rid of the tiredness that had been surrounding him all night.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee stung his nostrils, and he moved his hands away from his eyes and glanced down at the mug of steaming brown liquid. He raised his eyes, feeling the presence of another person nearby, and was met by Catherine's piercing blue eyes, a sympathetic smile smoothly stretched across her lips.

“Drink up, you look like you need it.” She said softly, spinning on her heel as she turned and left the room. Confused as to how he'd missed her entering, working the coffee machine and crossing the room to give him a mug of it, he didn't get the chance to rid the look of shock and confusion from his face before she'd disappeared out of sight, let alone thank her.

Greg was barely half way through his coffee before his phone vibrated vigorously in his pocket, he pulled it out and glanced at the caller ID, Brass. He sighed and answered the phone as he pulled himself to his feet and emptied the rest of his coffee down the sink. He just hoped he'd make it through the rest of his shift before he completely ran out of energy.

Four hours later, and with what little energy he had left he entered his apartment, Greg's eyes immediately landed on the television screen, the make of his DVD player's symbol was faded and almost invisible as one see-through circle bounced around the screen highlighting random parts of it and making them visible.

He glanced at the sofa as he crossed the room, expecting to see his partner sprawled out across it face down asleep,with a damp drool patch on the pillow near the edge of their mouth. Instead, he was met with nothing. The sofa was empty, apart from the few cushions that were laid upon it perfectly placed in position as if no one had sat on it at all all day.

Greg's eyebrows knitted together in confusion but he didn't think anything more of it as he shut both the DVD player and TV off and headed out of the room towards the bathroom, shutting lights off behind him as he did so.

He starred at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, he looked a mess and just wanted nothing more than to climb into bed and sleep for days. He closed his eyes for a few moments, and soon felt two strong arms snake round his waist and pull him close to their owners warm body. A small smile crept onto his lips as he relaxed back into the taller, stronger man that had hold of him. They nuzzled their face into the back of his neck and muttered something incoherent.

“You what?” Greg questioned in a whisper, his eyelids heavy and if it wasn't for the man holding him up, he'd probably be in a pile on the floor by now.

“I said,” Nick spoke slightly louder this time, his Texan drawl thicker than it usually was due to just waking up, pulling away from Greg slightly. “I missed you and your adorable curly mop.” He finished, removing one arm from Greg's waist, but keeping a tight hold on him with the other, and raised it to the side of Greg's neck and began entwining his fingers with the curls of the younger man's hair.

Maybe Greg wasn't going to get a hair cut after all. At least, not just yet anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
as you may have guessed, i fail at writing - especially when it comes to ending my work. >.<