Sequel: Suicide Season
Status: Finished. :D

Count Your Blessings

Off The Heezay

Three Months Later
I woke up in a cold, practically empty apartment. Today was Friday, and my last day of school ever. Over the holiday I had come in contact with one of my cousins that I hadn't talked to since I was about six years old. Her name was Marina, and we had decided to rent an apartment in London together. She had a job all set up for me and everything. The apartment was only two blocks from where she had been living before, and today after school I would be finishing packing and loading everything up into the moving van that Marina would be coming with.

I got up out of bed, and walked into the living room. Marina was sitting on the couch with a cup of tea in her hands.

"Morning, doll." She said smiling. Marina was gorgeous. She was my height with dark brown hair that went down to her lower back. Her skin was a little tanner than mine, but not by much. Her teeth, although a little crooked, were perfectly white, and she had the perfect shaped mouth. She played guitar in her own band, but she was going to quit soon because it's not what she wanted to do anymore.

"Morning." I replied, glumly.

"What's the matter? Having second thoughts about moving?" She asked.

"No. I'm just..." I paused, not really sure why I was so sad this morning. I had barely seen Oliver since I told him off in November, and I just wanted some interaction with him. I felt bad for the way I treated him, but then I didn't feel bad at the same time because he hurt me. "I don't know why I'm so sad this morning." I shrugged.

"Is it that boy that keeps driving by here real slow?" Marina smirked. She had no idea what had happened before I came into contact with her again aside from the fact that my immediate family dissappeared into thin air. Thats why she found me, so she claims.

"What?" I asked. My blood boiled instantly. Why was he still coming around.

"Yeah, there was a boy, lots of tattoos, and he stopped this morning and asked if you still lived here." Marina giggled. "Do you know who he is?"

"No." I said walking back into my room. Now that I had this information I knew that Oliver was going to be in school today, since I told him I would never be back again. I decided I would dress my best, plaster the fakest smile I could muster and look as happy as possible. After all, I was moving to London, I was going to be living for me, and me only. Marina had a job set up for me at some high end place, and I was never going to have to even hear the name Oliver Sykes ever again.

I took out a shirt that was similar to the one I wore to London with Oliver. The shirt was gray and said Caio on it. I took out a gray undershirt to go underneath it, and took out a pair of light blue boot-cut jeans with holes in them. I took the towel that was hanging on the desk chair, all the clothes and walked into the bathroom. I didn't come out for almost an hour. My hair was blowdried, and in its natural semi-cutly state. My make-up was red and yellow eyeshadow to match the colors on my shirt, with heavy eyeliner. I put a neutral color on my lips, and walked out of the bathroom.

"Wow." Marina said, looking over at me. "What's the occasion?" She asked.

"New beginings." I lied, walking into my room to get my backpack and to decide which shoes to wear. This was just to shove in Olivers face. To make him hurt like I do. I knew it was an awfully bitchy thing to do, but I couldn't help it. I wanted him to think I was happier without him. That he didn't even exist to me. "Marina, what kind of shoes do you have with you?" I asked, not particularly interested in the ones in my wardrobe, and walking into the livingroom.

"The ones on my feet." She said lifting her foot up. I smiled. They were perfect. They were black lace up wedges that went to her ankles.

"Can I pretty please borrow them today?" I asked. "I've got shoes in my wardrobe that you can use."

"Of course." Marina said starting to unlace the shoes. I tossed my backpack onto the couch, and sat next to her. I put the shoes on, and put my pantlegs over them. I stood, and walked back into my room. I took the leather jacket, and a black beanie from the wardrobe, and put them on. I walked back into the living room and struck a pose for Marina. "You look amazing!"

"Thanks." I laughed.

"I still don't belive you about this whole "not knowing that boy" and the whole "new beginings" thing." Marina said as she followed me into the kitchen.

"Well, you should." I said turning to her, and leaning on the counter. Marina held my backpack out to me.

"You'll be late. Come on, I'll give you a ride." She took her keys off the counter, and walked out the door. I followed suit, and got into her small forest green car. I lit up a cigarette when I got in the car, as did Marina. She turned the radio on, and tured it up. We laughed as the Spice girls came on and we car danced. "I'll be right here when you get out, Vee." She said pulling up to the front of the school.

"See you then." I said getting out of the car. I was still smiling, and smiled wider when I saw Tom Sykes and all of the two brothers friends. My smile widend, and it wasn't even fake. I was sort of surprised by my maliciousness, ut went along with it as I strutted into school. I glanced at the group standing to the side of the enterance. Tom gave me a sad glance. He knew what I was up to, he was a smart kid. I smiled wider, if at all possible, and looked away as I entered the building. I stopped at my locker, and put my bag inside. Today I was going to be getting my finals back, and sitting through pointless classes. I saw Oliver waiting outside my first class. He was slouched against the wall, and when he saw me he straightened up, and opened his mouth to start talking, but I opened the door to the classroom not even noticing him, and walked in. I looked at the door in the corner of my eye, and saw him bow his head and walk away. Shoulders slumped, he slowly walked away. It took almost all I had not to start giggling. I almost hated this person I was today, but part of me liked this person I was. It scared me a little, but I pushed the thught to the back of my mind, and got ready to sit and daydream for the next hour.

There were several times throughout the day that I saw Oliver start to come towards me, but I always looked right through him. At the end of the day I was on my way to my locker, certificate of graduation in hand, and it's when I knew I couldn't possibly get away from him any longer. He was standing against my locker, straight up, arms crossed and a stern look on his face. This is where my plan had failed. I dished it, and this was the part where I had to take it. I put on a smile, it really was fake now. I wasn't sure how this was going to end. I decided I was going to act like I had never seen him in my life. I walked up to my locker, and looked him in the eyes.

"Excuse me." I said politely, and looking down.

"Don't you act like you don't even know who I am, Veronica." Oliver said in a dark, angry voice.

I gulped, and looked up again smiling. "Excuse me, Oliver." I said.

"What has gotten into you?" Oliver asked. "You're being right weird today."

"I'm not sure what you're talking about. Can't I be happy to have graduated?" I asked. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to gather my things so I can get a move on. I've got to finish packing. Moving doesn't happen by itself, you know."

"Where are you going?" Oliver asked.

"Away. It's a really nice place. I went there with a friend not too long ago. But we don't speak anymore." I said nudging him out of the way.

"Listen, your little plan isn't going to work. I know you're going to London. Don't try this guilt trip with me, It's not going to work." Oliver said sternly, slamming my locker shut as I took the backpack and jacket out.

I walked away from him as my blood started to boil. I couldn't have this at the moment. My strong exterior of today would crack, and I would go back to feeling sad, and sorry for leaving. I had no right to feel either of those, and Oliver had no right to make me feel that way. In my opinion, I had every right to be like this with him today. I hear heavy footsteps behind me as I walked out the doors of the school.

"It's not going to work, Veronica." Oliver repeated loudly.

I spun around, completely angry now. How dare he follow me out of the building and try to deny his own guilt. "It's not? I think it's already done Oliver. If you didn't care, or you didn't feel guilty you wouldn't have followed me around like a sad puppy all day trying to get me to notice. I did notice, and it took everything I had not to laugh in your face." I said looking into his eyes, and glaring. I could hear the rumbling of the Marina's car motor. She was the only person that would be outfront waiting to pick anyone up.

Oliver was speechless, and I left him standing like that. I walked away from him, and walked to the car. I sat in the passengers seat, and slammed the door shut.

Marina looked over at me. "So, you do know who that boy is." She said, driving away.

"I really don't want to talk about it." I said, looking forward and trying not to cry. Neither of us had won this battle. "We just need to hurry up and get everything in the truck and just leave." I sighed.

"Okay, love. We can get out of here as soon as possible." Marina said as we pulled up in front of the building. That's when it occoured to me. I sat up straight, and looked over at Marina. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Where's the moving truck?" I asked.

"Oh, they should be here in a half an hour. I hired people. I know we could do it, but we would then be too tired to drive all the way to London." Marina explained.

"True." I said, getting out of the car and walking into the apartment.

I took the shoes that I had borrowed from Marina off, and set them by the door. She slipped off the sneakers that she had borrowed from me, and placed them next to her shoes. I put on the stereo, and started to pack. Marina did the same.

In about an hour, the movers were late, and they started to load the things up. I packed my room, and the living room and some of the kitchen. I left my mothers room alone, and didn't even look back when I locked the door and walked out of the apartment for the last time. When I walked to Marina's car, Oliver was standing against it.

"Can I help you, Sykes?" I asked.

"I just don't want it to end like this." Oliver said. "You won. I didn't want you to leave."

"I am going to go make sure that the movers have the correct directions." Marina said, walking away.

I wished she hadn't. I just wanted to leave. I knew this was going to happen. Neither Oliver, nor I were going to win this battle. It was a loose-loose situation. I avoided eye contact with him at almost all costs.

"Vee, look at me please." Oliver said, pleadingly. I did, and when I stared him right in the eyes, I could see that he was sorry. "I just want you to know that I understand why you did things that way at school, I'm happy for you, and I'm sorry. I really didn't want to hurt you." Oliver said wrapping me in a hug. I hesitated, but hugged him back. I took in his scent, and smiled.

"I forgive you. And if I'm ever in the area again, I'll look you up." I said.

"Sounds good. And if I'm ever in London, I'll look you up." Oliver laughed, pulling away. "Have fun, love." He said kissing my forehead, and walking away. I was still smiling when Marina came back over.

"All right?" Marina asked.

"Yeah. Now come on. This is a new begining, and it's going to be off the heezay." I said laughing and wiggling my hips a few times before giggling and getting into the car. We passed Oliver, who was walking, and I rolled down the window. "Later Sykes!" I yelled, hanging out the window and waving. This was the perfect way to end my life in Sheffield, the Steel City.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE LAST CHAPTER!!!
I'm so excited and sad at the same time.
Cheesey ending, I know. But I couldn't help it. I just had to make things right between Vee and Oli. I didn't really plan on putting a picture with Vee's character, because then it kind of makes the story unique for each person, but I couldn't help it. I also did it with Marina. Thats why her name is a link in the story. So here is Vee, and here is what she wore on her last day in Sheff. :D THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THIS!!! I love you :D
By the way, this is the first story I've ever finished. :D