Status: Extended Hiatus :( (possibly discontinued)

The Prince and the Pauper

Attis

Lyle was pulling away from Attis; he was leaving. As his warm hand started to slip from Attis’s, leaving a trail of warmth behind, Attis mentally screamed for him to stop. He willed with his mind for Lyle to stop pulling away, to stay with him. He used up all his mental powers, if he had any.

His heart thumped harder and then Lyle let go. As if Lyle was his only life source, Attis felt like he was dying. He needed the warmth. He needed the caring. He needed Lyle by his side.

“Please don’t go.”

Lyle gasped. Attis clamped his hand over his mouth. The air got heavier. Somewhere out the hospital room footsteps padded louder. It was the nurse.

“Visitor hours are over. He’ll be discharged tomorrow at eight in the morning so you can see him then,” she told him.

Lyle nodded then looked back at Attis, wetting his lips. “Bye Attis,” he said with a wave of his hand. He walked away, putting his hand on his head.

“Is he alright?” the nurse asked, looking after him. “He looks like he has a headache.”

Attis nodded.

The nurse smiled at Attis and patted his hand that was resting on the bed. “I know it’s late and but I need to know if you’ll take the couple’s offer or go to the orphanage.”

She hardly had given him any time to think about it. Attis furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his feet. He moved his hands under the bed sheet and twiddled with his thumbs. His choice would impact his life forever. His path of life had divided into two parting ones.

“Thumbs up for the couple and thumbs down for the orphanage.”

Attis nodded. He gave a thumbs down.

“Alright, I’ll make it final,” the nurse said. She walked out then turned off the lights. “Good night.” And she shut the door behind her, leaving Attis all alone in the room.

“You didn’t have much in the apartment,” the nurse said as she rolled in one luggage bag. It glided very easily on the ground, hardly making a sound. It probably wasn’t even half full.

As she rolled it up to the side of his bed he sat up and stretched. He felt much better after days’ rest from the terror fall off the roof. He felt like a new person; a new body; a new Attis.

“You haven’t washed for days. Why don’t you take a shower and get dressed. The headmaster of the orphanage is outside, and so are your friends. I’ll shut the door.” The nurse gave Attis a smile before shutting the door behind her. Did she forget that he had a concussion and couldn’t wash without help? He frowned and crawled out of bed, smiling that there was no pain.

He took out his towel from his luggage and went to the bathroom that was incredibly cramped. He took a quick shower then dried off in the small standing space there was between the toilet, wall, and the shower. He wrapped the towel around his waist and peeked out the bathroom door. No one was there.

As fast as he could, he took out clean boxers, a shirt, and jeans. He only had his boxers on when he heard voices. He froze.

“He’s going to the orphanage? Seriously? That’s even closer to my place than that bitch’s house!” Donnie exclaimed.

Someone shushed him for his bad language and loud voice. It was Lyle. Attis smiled. Lyle was here.

Incredibly happy that Lyle was here, Attis put his feet in the two leg holes and jumped, tugging them up. It turned out that he didn’t jump high enough. His legs were only halfway in and he slipped on the fabric. He gasped as he fell on his bottom with a loud sound.

“Attis?” Lyle shouted in a worried voice.

The door slammed open, Lyle and Donnie standing in the doorway. They looked at the bed first, and then their eyes found a half dressed Attis on the ground. His cheeks turned red as the two boys got flustered with apologies.

“Oh! I’m so sorry…” Donnie said, turning around.

“S-sorry!” Lyle squeaked and joined his friend Donnie. Attis quickly slid on his jeans and threw on his shirt. “C-can we turn now?”

Attis smiled and walked up to them. He slung his arms around their waists and hugged them – especially Lyle. He gave Lyle an extra squeeze.

“Um… Okay…” Donnie pushed Attis off. Attis gave him a sad look then turned to Lyle. He smiled, cheeks still burning red, and hugged Lyle again. He felt like his clothes were smoldering off him from the warmth of Lyle.

“It seems like you’ve recovered from the concussion,” Lyle said. Attis’s smile melted off his face. He couldn’t hold it on anymore. He wrapped his arms around Lyle’s neck even tighter and rubbed the sides of their heads together. He was like a dug nudging its owner. He almost had a spasm when Lyle hugged his waist.

“He’s not a pillow for you to hug you know!” Donnie dug his nails into Attis’s shirt and yanked him away. Attis almost tripped over the friction his feet had on the ground.

Lyle frowned. Then he smiled and said, “Talk Attis. You said something last night. Remember? Say something else.”

Attis shook his head. He couldn’t speak. Those words he spoke came from his heart, not his mouth. He hadn’t meant for them to come out.

“Ah, there you are! I’m the headmaster of the orphanage.”

Attis turned to look at the familiar voice.

He gaped.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you want check out my other slash stories. Yey for AN advertising. :)

Cheers,
Maris