Status: Extended Hiatus :( (possibly discontinued)

The Prince and the Pauper

Attis

Attis didn’t have the milk. Layla would have his head on the dinner platter, or in a bowl of dry cereal with no milk. He chewed on the inside of his lip. Failure in his “family” meant beating and extremely degrading insults.

He looked at Lyle and his worries for what awaited him at home vanished for the moment. His heart lightened at the sight. Maybe later on he would be able to meet up with Lyle and get to know him better. He liked what he knew about the boy’s personality so far.

“I have a question…” Donnie said. Attis met his eyes in the rear view mirror. His cheeks reddened. He’d be caught staring at Lyle. “…are you gay, by any chance?” Attis’s eye widened and he quickly looked at his feet, hiding his eyes behind his bangs. “I’m not against gays – me, myself, am pansexual but I’m just wondering if you’re attracted to Lyle here…”

Attis didn’t know how to cover up his embarrassment. Most people would’ve declared it “preposterous” or “ridiculous” but he couldn’t speak. Even if he could, not a smart word would come from his lips. He covered his red face with his hands and bent to his lap. He didn’t want Lyle to see his blush.

“Are you gay?” Lyle took Attis’s hand away and tilted his head up. Attis was forced to look at Lyle with a steamed red face.

“Oh. Here we are,” Donnie said. The Hummer came to a stop and Attis unbuckled himself and darted out. He didn’t bother to thank the boys with a bow. He bolted for the apartment door and banged on it.

A second later Layla opened it. “Do you have the milk?” she asked. Attis shook his head He waited for a slap, but instead she ground her teeth together and looked behind Attis at the Hummer that was still stopped in front of the apartment. “Who are they?”

Attis shook his head and looked at the ground. He didn’t want to get them involved in anything. When he looked back at Donnie and Lyle he saw that they were watching Layla with limped jaws and horrified eyes. Attis spun around but saw nothing bad that would’ve made him drop his jaw. Layla glared at Donnie and Lyle then grabbed Attis by the wrist. She yanked him inside then slammed the door shut.

“I never want to see you with them again. Especially that boy who looks like you. Stay away or I will make you sorry. You hear?”

Attis nodded his head. He gasped when Layla slipped her high heel off. He knew what we next. His hand darted for the door. He jumped out as Layla screamed and banged against the door.

“What’s going on? Attis?” Lyle called out in a worried tone. He was out of the Hummer, Donnie by his side. Attis heard them gasp when Layla got out, screaming curse words at the top of her lungs. Attis hadn’t tried anything like this before, and it was obvious why she was furious.

Attis darted up the stairs that led to the apartments on the second floor. Layla threw her heel at him, a flying shoe of death, and he dodged as it sailed over his head and hit the rail of stairs on his other side.

He heard Lyle and Donnie scream at Layla. He looked just in time to see Layla slip her last heel off and fling it at Lyle’s head. He ducked and the heel cracked the window.

Attis reached the top of the stairs as Layla reached the bottom steps. He had no choice – he had to do it. He climbed onto the hand rail, feeling his stomach drop when he almost lost his balance.

“You’ll fall! Stop!” Lyle screamed.

“Hey bitch! Back off!” Donnie screamed. Attis heard two bodies fall to the ground then a yelp. He looked at the base of the stairs to see Donnie on his back, Lyle helping him. Layla had a determined look on her face as she sprinted barefoot up the steps.

Attis reached for the gutter. He prayed it wouldn’t come off when he grabbed it. And thank goodness, it didn’t. He rolled himself onto the roof and picked his way on the roof carefully.

Layla screamed and flung something at him. It collided with the back of his head and he fell over, rolling over the edge. His fingers caught onto the gutter, keeping him from falling. He rolled back onto the roof and stood up, just an inch from the edge. He saw a heel on the ground and wondered how in the world Layla had gotten it back.

And then he saw she had another in her hand. It collided with his head, sending stars in his vision. He gaped and flailed his arms, trying to get his balance back – but he didn’t.

He fell off the roof.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to:

xxXXPurplexPandaXXxx
hugs.from.holly
ddbaby1234
Rainbow. Unicorn.
MattLuvv
BisexualAngel


And let's all give a round of applause to iArtie for being so freaking awesome! ^^

Cheers,
Maris