Status: Slow but ongoing

Finding Magyk

Dante/Art

Dante

A slight smile spread across my lips. She clearly hadn't known him long enough to be able to tell. That was a good thing -if she wasn't as close with him as I first thought, then it would be easier to break them apart. I just found it ironic how she came to the same nickname for him that I had.
"Close, but not quite," I said quietly, my voice low so as not to alert others in the house. I shuffled forward a little, looking into the room. "I'm a relative of his. Mind if I pop in to talk to you for a moment?" My blue-green eyes moved back to hers, a similar but darker shade of green.
She scoffed. "Yes. No-one is allowed in my room. If you're not Art, then who the hell are you and why are you in my tree?" She asked me, clearly suspicious. I sighed, deciding she was going to be difficult.
"I'm his brother, okay? I need to tell you something. Sure, I don't have to be in your room to do it, but a tree isn't the most ideal place," I said, my voice still low. I checked the street below me for passers-by. "Please? It's urgent and serious."
She sighed, rolling her eyes at me. She shut the window and turned back to face the door. I watched her as she walked out of her bedroom, then I sighed when she was gone. I'd blown it. I was useless at this, and we all knew it. I started rethinking this as I heard the faint click of the front door, and I quietly shuffled through the tree to the other side, peering out through the leaves. I smiled when I saw her walking out. I climbed down the tree, jumping down when I got to the bottom, landing nimbly in a crouched position. I walked over to her, then lead her to a part of the house that nobody would be able to see us out their windows.
"Sorry about all this," I said quietly, flashing my teeth at her in a smile.
"Whatever. Just tell me what you want," She mumbled, clearly not liking me. My mind flashed back over the little fantasy I'd had on how this would go, and started from the beginning.
"So you know Artemis, right?"
"Yeah."
"How well do you know him?"
She pursed her lips a little, quite clearly suspicious of me. "I thought you said this was important?" She crossed her arms over her chest, slouching against the street light next to us. My cocky smile wavered a bit.
"Of course this is important. I wouldn't have climbed a tree in the middle of night if it wasn't." I watched her for a moment, but all she did was narrow her eyes at me expectantly.Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "Okay, so here's the gist -Artemis isn't what he seems to be." I watched her closely for her reaction, but there was barely any change at all, and the slight shift I did pick up wasn't what I wanted from her.
"And how is that?" She sounded like she didn't believe me, which was understandable. I still had a few thing up my sleeve, though.
"He ever talk to you about Magyk?" I said patronizingly, and I caught a glimpse of the recognition on her face before she wiped it, hiding her emotions again.
"Yeah, he has." Her voice was guarded now, knowing I knew something she didn't. I was beginning to feel I was winning.
"He's dangerous. Extremely dangerous. You hang around him much longer, and you'll know why. Ever wonder why nobody hangs around with him? They know he's full of it." Man, was I devious. I could see in her eyes she was doubting something. Whether it was me or him, I couldn't tell. She cocked her head a little to the side, her eyes narrowing further.
"So you're telling me he's some kind of bad guy?" Okay, I just realized it was me she was doubting. I still had this, though, because I was amazing like that.
"Yeah, he's the bad guy alright. If you doubt me, fine, hang with him, but you'll regret it later. Oh man, will you wish you'd listened to me." I shook my head, faking that I was perturbed by memories of what he did. She bought it, so I knew I was doing good. I was a smooth liar.
"Okay, thanks man, but I need to go. I'll keep that in mind." She rolled her eyes, though I could see a hint of indecision in that. She turned and walked back inside, and I smiled. Man, was he boned. I turned and started walking back to my tiny little apartment, glad it was only temporary, feeling accomplished. He would be so pissed when he finds out she doesn't like him. My cocky smile grew as I thought about how pleased my 'employer' would be, and how angry Artemis would be. That's what he gets for all the years of torture he's given me.

Art

"Flamma mecum," I said quietly, and a tiny flame sprouted on the end of my finger. Fire Magyk wasn't my best -it was about the only one I didn't know heaps about, and still had a bit of trouble casting it. I had all the curtains drawn and the door to my bedroom shut, and I was in complete darkness aside from the little orange flame on my hand. I smiled a little at myself. That one was easier than the last. I shuffled across my bed, my right hand not touching it for fear of setting it on fire, stopping at the end. I lay down on my stomach, leaning over so my hand was about thirty centimetres from my little fireplace against the wall of my spacious room. "Crescere flamma," I said, and the flame leapt off my finger and into the fireplace, growing to fill the space and set it alight, no need for kindling. I smiled, then moved back to sit in the middle of my bed, crossing my legs. I put my hands on my knees, closing my eyes.
"Magister ades... Dic mihi..." I whispered, searching for my Master's voice. If he was in this world, I would be able to connect to him, talk to him. I frowned, unable to find him. He must have gone back without telling me. I kept looking for a little bit longer, and gasped aloud when I caught something. My eyes snapped open and I jolted into motion, jumping off the bed to press myself against the wall. I calmed down, thinking about it.
It was just a sliver of speech, and the Aura I would recognize anywhere. That patronizing voice, in this world... He could only mean trouble.
I'm going to win, brother. That was what I'd heard.
Dante was here. And he was here with a purpose.
♠ ♠ ♠
New character! About to get really interesting... Maybe... Comment and subscribe, please and thank you! Thanking all our faithful readers,
~Kris and Max