Status: Slow but ongoing

Finding Magyk

Max

Tap. Tap.
He was back, but I was expecting him. No one sees me once, they always seem to rebound and come back, I dunno why, even with strangers in the street I end up seeing them again.

Anyway, back to the story. I open the window, this time I’m not in my pyjamas, and give him a pointed look. “Didn’t I tell you to stay away from my tree?” I ask, my mouth betraying me and turning into a smile.

He shrugs, returning the smile. "Maybe," he chides, his eyes sweeping the room. "Do I have Milady's permission to come in this time, or do I have to stay in the tree?"

“If you answer this question first, who are you? In detail this time thanks” I asked him before half sitting on the window sill.
“Dante, Art’s brother.”
I raised my eyebrows, “oh, please do go on.”

Dante sighed and rolled his eyes. “Fine. My name is Dante Ezra, Artemis Ezra’s Younger brother. I was born in the realm of Magyk in the nation’s capital Oto, I grew up in your typical family home; A Dad that works too much, a caring Mother, and my hated older brother, Art.” Dante forced a grin, I could tell, and raised an eyebrow, “that enough for you milady?”

Jeez, he could’ve just said the truth instead of making stuff up like that, “Dude, next time just tell me the truth. Jeebers.” I scowled but moved aside to let him enter anyway he smirked slightly and jumped from the tree into my room and landed on his feet.

“Why are you here anyway?” I said as I sat on my desk chair and he took a seat on my bed.
"I decided to tell you more about the threat he poses," he says, then pauses."Wait, you don't think there's anything weird in my explanation?"

“Of course I do, you and your supposed brother are kooky, and there is no such thing as Magyk. Oh and call me milady again and I’ll throw you out the window, how is Art a threat to me? He’s my only friend here” I half whispered to him and spun my chair.

"Believe what you want, but he's of evil intent. He can do things that would kill a man. Hell, he's already killed people! You hang around him much longer and you'll see what I mean. He's going to hurt you -that's a guarantee. You don't want to listen to me, fine, but don't come running to me when he tries to kill you." Said Dante, his head slowly following my movements.

“How do I know you’re not the bad guy?!” I exclaimed, then glanced at the door and lowered my voice back to a whisper, “if he’s the bad guy, prove it.”
He smirked. "Alright. I'll tell you something -he gets in fights a lot. Rough 'n' tumble kind of things, in secret. Often has bruises and such from these. They happen once a week, and tonight was when it happened this week. Tomorrow at school, I bet you he'll be injured. Just you wait."

“How do you know he’ll be hurt?” I asked him, watching him through slitted eyes.
He smiled slightly and shrugged, avoiding my question, “just trust me.” And with that, Dante was gone.

“Trust you? Yeah right,” I scoffed and walked over to my door, I leant my ear against it and heard a small intake of breath. Rolling my eyes I opened my door. “You never were any good at staying quiet, Ben.”

“Damn, thought I had it in a bag this time” he replied clicking his fingers and smiling, “ so, want to tell me who this “bad guy” is so I can stop him creeping in to sweet talk my lil’ sister?”
I made a face, “feh sweet talk? No, Ben, just no.” I pushed him out of the way and slammed my door, Pop wouldn’t hear, not without his hearing aids in.

Yawning I collapsed onto my bed my face hitting the pillow, I was out in a matter of moments.

The next morning, I noticed Art was limping, as we walked to school he winced each time he drew in a breath and he didn’t look so good.
“What happened Art?” I asked as the school came into sight, “Did you fall into a ditch or something?” I chuckled and hoped he would tell the truth.

“Yeah, something like that,” he replied looking away. I knew he was lying, not because of what Dante said, but because it didn’t feel like he was telling the truth.
“Yeah sure” I muttered and walked on ahead.

I didn’t avoid Art, I didn’t confront him about it either. I just acted normal, we didn’t talk much and at lunch he just went off by himself, muttering some excuse about “needing to be alone.”
I was kind of glad that he left, leaving me to my thoughts I only really had two. One that Dante was right and the other, could I really trust Art?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh is Dan getting to Max? Will Max ever trust Art again? Will Art ever find out whats going on?!?
Find out next time ;)

PLEASE! comment guys, pleeease, we need encouragement!
Art: speak for yourself
Me: oh ok, I need encouragement!!