Status: Slow but ongoing

Finding Magyk

Encounter

The next couple of weeks passed quickly, I’d go to school do the tests and homework and then go to Art’s forest and learn Magyk. I could now do all of the basic spells that Art new for the Five elements. I liked water the least, especially after Art made it rain on me, but I got him back for that.
Today was Saturday and I’d already done all my homework, Pop was at golf and Ben was in dreamland. I got dressed and opened my window before dialling Art’s number.
He answered on the first ring, “hey Max”.
I grinned and shook my head, “I don’t even want to know how you knew it was me. Can I come over?”
There was a pause on the other end and my room flashed white. “Max, you do know it’s raining, don’t you?” I could practically see his eyebrow rise.
“It’s a bit hard to miss,” I replied and sat on the window ledge.
He laughed slightly, “Okay, you may come over. Although, I don’t know what we will do.”
“Awesome, be there in ten.” I hung up and grabbed my back pack, my hooded-not-quite-trench-coat-coat and pulled on my fingerless gloves. I checked to see if Ben was still off talking to the sandman and made my way outside into the wind and rain.
I knocked on the wooden door four times and stood waiting, dripping wet. I needed to invest in an umbrella.
Art opened the door and let me in, if he was surprised about me being soaked, he said not a word. I pulled off my coat and dumped it into a corner and made my way to the living room, already using Magyk to dry my clothes. “What are you, Art? Is it bad to say Faerie or Fairy like I read in a book? When will I ever get to meet some Fair folk?” I started bombarding him with questions again. I wanted answers, especially to the first one.
Art looked at me, his mouth slightly open and one eye brow was raised.
“Well?” I asked and sat on the floor cross legged before saying “do you have any hot chocolate?”
He hesitated a little before answering. "Yeah. I'll make you a cup." He drifted off to the kitchen, just in the next room, and I could still see him and talk to him from where I sat. He caught my cocked eyebrow as I awaited an answer, and sighed. "Saying 'Faerie' is not taboo. You can say it all you want. To the last question- I can't say. A portal opens to the public -well, us Magyk users- in twelve days, but, I don't know..." He trailed off, doing that annoying staring-into-space thing, then focused again. "As for what I am... I'm just a human, like you, who has tapped into their Magykal talent. That's all it is,” he said dully, shrugging.
I frowned slightly, in 12 days and I hadn’t been told previously? “We have got to go! Is it for people coming to our world or going to the Magyk one? If you go through how long can you stay before you have to go again? As for you being human, you say it so dully that it makes me not really believe you.” I stopped and took a breath as Art came over carrying two mugs of chocolate.
I take a sip and wince at its heat before opening my mouth to speak. “A-” I started but he shot me a look.
“You ask too many questions for your own good, The Fey don’t like people knowing too much.” He raised an eyebrow at me as I rolled my eyes, but I didn’t speak. I took another sip of my chocolate and froze. Was that the sound of glass tinkling to the floor? I listened intently for a moment, but heard nothing else. I put my drink down, “Did-” I was cut off by the sound of light footsteps pattering on bare wood.
Art glanced at me and stood slowly, “Wait there.” He waved at me and headed into the house to find out what the noises were. “I thought he knew me better,” I mumble and follow him further into the house, like I was just gonna sit and wait.
He entered a room that vaguely looked like a laundry, I was at his heels. I could tell he was pissed but he couldn’t argue with me at the moment, I knew he would get revenge later.
Glass littered the floor and crunched under our feet, I was glad I kept my shoes on. I followed Art further into the room, as he crouched down to examine the glass I heard something to my right, and I turned. A figure grabbed hold of my shoulders and pinned me against the wall. Art didn't turn the light on when we walked in, and there wasn't a window in here, so it was hard to see their face. They were bleeding from a cut on their forearm, and I could hear them breathing hard. This guy had the nerve to pin me down?
I scowled and gripped his shoulders. I threw his weight to the side and I followed so I was now pinning his down. A light flickered on bright enough that I had to wait for my eyes to adjust, when the spots cleared I finally got to see my attacker.
He was small, way smaller than me and I’m short. Maybe the size of a 7-year-old, his hair was short and trailed down to the base of his neck.
The eyes. They were breathtaking. Around the eye was a sparkly dust of blue and purple, like eye shadow but better. The eye itself was green and brown and no way human.
“Art, is this a Faerie?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, hi!
Finally got around to updating, I'm slack.
Comment?
Enjoy.

~Max~