Status: Slow but ongoing

Finding Magyk

Max

Magyk is a word we created, a word that describes something of amazing beauty or a complex trick. It comes from our imagination and our creativity that is all. There is no proof that it exists.

The library was big and spacious with computers in several rows and rows of bookshelves, filled with many genres of books. I grinned when I saw the sci-fi section, it’s not Magyk, its science!

“So, Art what kind of books do you like?” I asked wanting to find out more about my new friend.

He mumbled a reply not really paying attention, probably lost in thought. I took this chance to study him further; his hair was in need of a cut and kept flicking into his eyes, he stood an inch taller than me and had a slim build and well muscled arms. His jaw line is strong and slightly curved high cheek bones and a vacant look in his eyes.

‘He’s handsome’, the thought took me by surprise and I raised my eyebrows.
As if he heard my thoughts his eyes filled and became bold and he shot me a small smile before looking down and letting his hair fall in his face.

I saw his cheeks redden slightly and realised how close I had become in my...observation, blushing I rubbed the back of my neck. “Sorry”. But before he could say anything the bell rang and we were swept away by the leaving students, I grabbed my bag and hurriedly left.

####

I glanced at my watch and sighed. I was in my second last class of the day and I can’t wait for it to end, everything has been weird since Art brought the topic of Magyk up. I glanced out the window ignoring the teacher blaring on about ancient Greece.

Something weird was going on, a murder of crows and an unkindness of ravens were sitting in the tree outside my window and pecking at the ground. I also noticed them in my last class. Their cackling and cawing are giving me a headache and they just seemed to get louder and louder.

I tried to focus back into the lesson but couldn’t, the birds were to loud and no one seemed to notice. Just as I was about to raise my hand and ask to leave, the bell rang. “Saved by the bell,” I hissed under my breath, and ran to find Art so we could enjoy short break together.

My mind kept going back to the birds and what Art said earlier, it was just a coincidence. Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay i'm sorry these next few chapters are short
We have just had a brain blast though so they'll get longer soon!

Comment subscribe~