Status: A possibility, a big possibility.

Embraced by Bees

how it all started

She was my best friend. She told me everything, and I did the same with her. She had the clichéd romance of falling for my twin brother, and him reciprocating her feelings. I had always known, for the longest of times, that they had been head over heels for each other.

I had found a few of Phoebe’s pictures hidden in my brother’s room. At first, I thought the worst. Phoebe was a common name on the lips of the males of our school. She was gorgeous, in an odd way. Her hair was always unkempt and messy due to her stressing over the more important matters, this being school work, but it always looked good on her. She wore thick rimmed glasses, a different color every month because she had to change things up. Every guy wanted to know what Phoebe Mitchells had to offer the male population. So, by worst, I believed that he had been using the photos for certain male recreational activities. I had screeched his name pretty loudly when the thought came to mind, only to have him rush into his room. When he saw what was in my hands he visibly paled, muttering about how he didn’t expect me to find anything in his room, that the pictures had been there for awhile, and that he hoped I would understand.

I remember dropping the pictures unceremoniously onto the floor and feeling an incessant need to wash my hands fifty times over with holy water. But then, I was furious at my brother, my twin, for using pictures of my best friend to satiate his personal needs when said best friend had been pining for him for eternity. Approaching him, like a bear protecting her cub, he cowered. “I’ve liked her for so long, Lace.” One sentence and I turned to mush.

That was how it all turned out. There was no plan, no revealing to him that Phoebe felt the same way. I only waited it out, watching from the sidelines while giving both parties some encouragement day after day to confess to the other. It took, from my perspective, forever and a day for it to finally happen.

And that one telling led to today, Xavier and Phoebe getting married.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, but it's only a prologue of sorts. Let's see where it goes, shall we?

Layout Photo