Status: Keeping it up as long people seem interested

Open Your Eyes, 'Cause Baby I'm All That You Need

012.

I woke up around seven the next morning realizing all too soon that I had fallen asleep mid conversation the night before, and that Matt was now nowhere to be found. Deciding that I missed his company I arose from the couch, heading toward the kitchen to find him.

Upon entering I saw Matt with a phone pressed to his ear. It was obvious that he was frustrated with whoever was on the other end because he kept throwing his arms into the air like he was angry. He finally hung up, and then turned to see me.

“Good morning” he said with a sly smile. It was nice to know that he wasn’t frustrated with me at least.

“Didn’t seem to be such a good morning for you. What was all of that about?” I asked gesturing toward his phone. He sighed and ran his hands through his short, dark hair before replying.

“I don’t really want to talk about it right now. If you don’t mind that is” he said as he began to play with his lip ring. It seemed to be his nervous habit, and I couldn’t help but to think that it was cute.

I nodded my head knowing that it would be rude to push the subject, and then proceeded to sit down on a bar stool and let Matt make me pancakes. Just as we had started talking about the guys in the band Vinny and Taylor emerged from the guest room hand in hand.

At least she knew where she and Vinny stood...
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the next part.
Any guesses as to who was on the other end of the phone?
:)