Status: Keeping it up as long people seem interested

Open Your Eyes, 'Cause Baby I'm All That You Need

013.

After breakfast I headed to the bathroom to put on yesterday’s jeans and a shirt that Matt had generously let me borrow. I proceeded to put on my makeup and fix my hair before returning to the living room where I found Matt watching television.
“Hey” he said with a smile. He then motioned for me to sit next to him on the couch. We sat there comfortably, him flipping through the channels, and me chipping the already partially nonexistent fingernail polish from my nails, until his phone rang. He reached into his pocket to answer it, and then excused himself from the room. When he returned his eyes met mine before he spoke.
“I’ve got to run by Jack’s place. If you’d like you can feel free to ride over there with me” he said while walking toward the door to slip on his dirty checkered Vans.
“Sounds good” I said with a smile before retreating to the door to do the same.

Upon arriving at Jack’s house, which I had been informed was called ‘The Bat Cave’, I followed Matt inside - sticking to his heels something like that of a loyal watchdog. I had already been introduced to Dorl and Taylor, Jack’s roommates, before spotting her. Kristine was in the kitchen with the same unhappy expression that I’d seen on her the last time we’d been near one another. What was up with this girl?
I shook it off in hopes that I was just paranoid and began to follow Matt to where Jack and Alex were on the back porch. I was instantly disappointed when he nicely demanded that I stay in the kitchen. Great, I thought, this is going to go well.

Turning back to the kitchen I watched as she switched between dishes, stirring and flipping their contents. She really seemed to know what she was doing, unlike me. I was possibly one of the worst cooks on the planet. She turned toward me then, and I got a really good look at her. My mouth spoke before my mind could argue against it, and I almost instantly regretted it.
“Did you know that you look ridiculously like Kirsten Vangsness?” I asked. I then bit my tongue instantly, fearing that she would reply with some snide remark that would leave me crying for days. She smiled then. It wasn’t a huge smile, but it was the most that I’d seen her do since the first time I’d lain eyes upon her.
“Glad to see that I’m not the only one that sees the resemblance” she said with a slight chuckle. I smiled instantly before replying.
“Anyone that watches Criminal Minds would be an idiot not to notice” I said with a smirk. She then extended her hand toward me. I did the same shaking hers.
“I’m Kristine, and it looks like you could very possibly become my new best friend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay....so here's another update.

There's a little less of Matt in this one, but I really wanted everyone to get to know Kristine.

And if you're wondering, the character of Kristine is based off of one of my best friends that DOES look creepishly like Kirsten Vangsness. If you don't know who she is, look her up. She stars in the show Criminal Minds. :)

The next chapter should be more about Matt by the way.

Let me know what you guys think, please?