Status: Keeping it up as long people seem interested

Open Your Eyes, 'Cause Baby I'm All That You Need

014.

When Matt came inside to find Kristene and I talking in a civil manner, it’s easy to say that he was shocked. His eyebrows were risen, his eyes wide, and his mouth dropped. Though needless to say, Kristene and I just found this extremely hilarious, and died laughing. Matt wasn’t very good at hiding his emotions.

Alex and Jack soon entered the kitchen, standing right behind Matt. They both said ‘hi’, though it was obvious that Jack’s eyes were on Kristene and not me. Alex however walked around the awestruck tour manager and came to put his arm around me. Typical Alex.

“How’re you doing this morning pretty girl” he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and shrugged out of his embrace. If there was one guy in this band that I wanted to be with, it was Matt, and I didn’t even know how he felt. Actually, he’d been acting kind of weird lately.

I then turned to glance at Matt’s face. He was staring at his phone, typing a text to someone. Isn’t it funny that he didn’t even care that Alex had tried to hit on me? Suddenly I kind of felt like this trip had been nothing but a waste.

After Kristene and I exchanged phone numbers, Matt and I left the Bat Cave to head back to his house. However, on the way we stopped at a drugstore to grab some things that he needed at the house. Matt and I walked and talked like it was nothing, and even though earlier he had seemed uninterested in me, we seemed to be getting along just fine. Maybe I had only jumped to conclusions.

But I heard the voice before I saw it. It was high pitched, higher than mine anyway, and it belonged to a short girl with medium length blonde hair. She had blue eyes hidden by black rimmed glasses. While she seemed ordinary, she was absolutely beautiful.

She ran toward Matt, throwing herself into his embrace instantly. Needless to say, I just casually walked away. I didn’t need to see that kind of stuff. So, I continued to look around the store, grabbing a few things that I needed.

“Lauren” a familiar voice said behind me. I turned to see Matt. He had this silly grin on his face that made me smile. I honestly couldn’t help it. “What are you doing over here? I wanted you to meet my sister.” he said sincerely.

Okay, now I felt like an idiot. Of course the girl was his sister, right? Way to go Lauren, way to go.

“Sorry” I said with a smile “I just didn’t want to interrupt”.

“It’s okay, she’s coming by for dinner tonight. You can meet her then” he said as he pushed me toward the counter so that we could pay.

If only we had known that there was going to be a surprise visitor coming with his sister to dinner, and let’s just say that dinner was going to be three things: long, awkward, and unescapable.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter honestly wouldn't even have been written or posted yet if it weren't for my best friend (Kristene) who has begged me for an update.

So, we were introduced to a few different things in this chapter.

Kristene and Lauren are now friends.
Alex has the hots for Lauren.
Matt's sister was introduced.
And a surprise guest for dinner...wonder who it could be?
:)

P.S. Vinny and Taylor will appear in the next chapter.