I Can't Wait to Draw Your Name

“Well, do you know that you already save someone’s life?”

The cold wind blew through John as he leaned back on the car’s front window with the sleeping Sierra in his arms. They had put on their clothes back because the cold air, but it never stopped them to be as close as they could be. His arms were wrapped around her under the blanket that was covering them. He always had the blanket in his trunk for the time like this. John had his eyes on Sierra. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep. Her steady breathing was like music to John, he could listen to it forever.

Their bodies were pressed onto each other and it made John’s heart beat so fast. The wide smile never left his lips, making his cheeks stiffened. He couldn’t be happier than this because for once in his life; he felt complete. There was no more empty space that his old relationship left anymore; Sierra filled it. John lost count of her breathing and even the time. The dark night had turned into a dull purple, signaling that it was almost sunrise. John hadn’t caught a glimpse of slumber but he didn’t feel sleepy at all.

Suddenly, Sierra groaned softly as she scooted closer and wrapped her arms tighter around John’s waist. Her eyes fluttered open slowly, revealing her gorgeous emeralds. “Hey.”, she whispered with a smile.

John leaned down, pecking her lips lightly as a reply. “You look so beautiful while sleeping.”

“No, I don’t. I look like a sloth.”, she giggled. John smiled wider and his heart beat faster every time she let out a giggle or even talk. Her voice was the most beautiful melody he ever heard. Then, the sky turned into a dull orange. “It’s almost sunrise?”, she asked, half surprised.

John nodded and he leaned to the side, resting his head on top of hers. “Yeah, I lost track of time when I’m with you.”

“Time warping is fun with you.”, she said, looking up to him. John looked down to her and their eyes met. He could see a twinkle in her eyes and his heart accelerated. Sierra’s eyes were so deep like she was looking into his soul. He leaned down again, pressing his lips onto her hard. The sun rose up and the rays kissed their faces, but he didn’t pull away. Sierra put her left hand on his left cheek, sending shivers down through John’s spine.

Sierra giggled between kisses as she pulled away and smiled, brushing her thumb across John’s bottom lip. “Aren’t your friends going to look for you?”

He sighed and pulled out his phone from his pocket. John tapped the screen with his index finger and then, some text notifications and missed calls appeared. “Apparently, they already looked for me. They still don’t get it that I’m already 21.”

“They care about you, John.”, she muttered and leaned her head on the crook of his neck. “We should go back.”

“But do you want to get breakfast at my place? The guys are staying there for a ‘homecoming breakfast’.”, he chuckled and rolled his eyes when he mentioned ‘homecoming breakfast’. “It’s a tradition.”

She laughed quietly and nodded. “Yeah, I’d love to.”

John bit the inside of his lips to prevent him from screaming in the top of his lungs every time he saw her smiled. He pecked her lips quickly before jumping off the hood and stretched out his muscles. Sierra slid off the hood carefully because her legs were sore and numb. When she was about to fall, John caught her by her waist and pulled her onto his torso. “Be careful, Sie.”, he laughed.

Sierra’s cheeks turned into a shade of red every time his arms made contact with her body. His touch was silky and feather light, like his hands were made especially by God. Sierra got into the car first as she watched John fold the blanket from the inside. Her eyes glued to him. The sun was shining behind him, making John looked more amazing than before. His hair was messy and tousled but looked perfect and when he noticed that she was watching him, he winked and smirked at her before walking to the back of the car to put the blanket into the trunk.

When he got into the driver’s seat, Sierra buckled up her seatbelt. John watched her as she fidgeted with it and smiled at her adorableness. “You’re so cute.”, he chuckled and pecked her cheek before turning on the ignition. He put on his seatbelt before driving out.

The ride to his house was filled with random conversations. They talked about Sierra’s college plans and the possibility of John visit her when he’d be on the fall tour. Every time Sierra was telling him about something, his eyes would peek from the corner to her. When she was talking, her eyes would wander around and her hands would move, making her more adorable in John’s eyes.

“Why do you want to be a nurse?”, John asked when they stopped at a red light. He looked over to Sierra and she looked straight into his eyes, making John nervous.

She shrugged her shoulder. “I want to save people’s life, but I don’t want to be a doctor because I’m not that tough when it comes to internal organ and all.”

“Well, do you know that you already save someone’s life?”

“What? Whose?”, Sierra asked with her eyebrows scrunched.

John grinned and leaned forward, pecking her lips. “Mine.”, he whispered.
*************
After John parked his car on the driveway, they got out and walked to the front door with their fingers laced onto each other’s. John opened the door and there were noises coming out from the living room and the kitchen. When they walked into the kitchen, it was a mess. Flour and some ruined eggs were on the floor.

“What the fuck!?”, John growled as he released Sierra’s hand and scanned over the damage. “Guys, you have to clean this up!”

“Chill, we already got this!”, Garrett rolled his eyes and mopped out the eggs. John sighed loudly as he closed his eyes and controlled his anger.

He took Sierra’s hand again and pulled her to his side. “Guys, this is Sierra, she’s my girlfriend.”

Sierra’s eyes widened and she coughed a bit when the saliva in her mouth acted up. Guilt stormed into her heart and her mind again when John said ‘girlfriend’. She needed to tell him soon that she was engaged, but she didn’t want this to end.

“Nice to meet you, Sierra!”, Pat chirped as he jumped off the stool he sat one and tackled Sierra into a hug. “Welcome to the family!”

“H-Hi, Pat.”, she stuttered and hugged Pat back awkwardly. She still didn’t get use to the hugs, because now, she’s friend with her favorite band.

“So, Sierra, what do you want for breakfast? I could make some gnarly pancakes!”, Kennedy smirked with his apron on. She laughed a bit in the view.

Sierra sat on one of the stool around the island next to Pat, who was continuing to put some whip cream on top of his pancakes. Jared was mixing up the batter across them. “Uhm, I’ll take that pancakes.”

Kennedy winked at her and turned around, facing the stove to make that pancakes. John sat down next to her after he got a glass of orange juice. He took a sip of it and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “Are your parents okay that you didn’t come home last night?”

“I-I think so.”, she moved east on her seat, sliding down. What would her parents think? What would George think if he found out? Sara wouldn’t rat her out because this was her plan.

Then, Kennedy put down a plate of pancakes in front of her. “Here you go! Enjoy!”

She took the nearest clean fork and stabbed the already-covered-with-maple-syrup pancake. She cut a piece of it with the fork and plopped it into her mouth. “This is so good, Kenny!”, she said while chewing.

“What did you call me?”, Kennedy asked with his eyes widened.

Sierra stopped chewing and swallowed it slowly. “I-I uh… Kenny?”

They stayed quiet for a few moments before Kennedy’s lips formed a wide smile. “I love that nickname!”, he exclaimed and clapped his hands.
*************
“Thanks for the breakfast.”, Sierra giggled when they already stopped in front of the McAllister’s residence.

“No problem. They like you, you know.”

She nodded. “I could see that.”, she pursed her lips. Sierra wanted to tell him and when she had enough courage to do that, she leaned closer to John. “John, I have to tell you something.”

“Yeah?”, he smiled over to her. He leaned forward too and now their foreheads rested on each other’s. “What is it?”

The distance between them made Sierra’s heart fluttered and butterflies in her stomach. Her forehead felt hot because of John. When she was about to tell him, suddenly…

“Sierra McAllister!”, her mother stomped out from the front door and rushed out from the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
God, i still can't believe that this story already reached 10 stars and thank you so much for the comments and new subscribers, i love you!
please please pleaaaase drop a comment, i would love that so bad:]
<3