I Can't Wait to Draw Your Name

"She's ***ing engaged"

John’s knuckles made contact with the teak front door of the Kirch’s, making some loud banging noise. The dimmed light that was planted on the side of the door shined John’s face a bit as his teeth dug into his bottom lip. He knocked the door once more and rushed footsteps were heard against the carpeted floor inside. The knob turned around and the door swung open to the inside, revealing Pat, who was still wearing his PJs.

“John? What the hell are you doing here this early?”, Pat asked, noticing it was only 5.30 in the morning but his friend was already standing in front of his door. “Are you okay?”

Not wanting to answer his question, John walked past Pat to his friend’s bedroom. Pat sighed and closed the door before following John’s trail. Thoughts swiveled in his mind about what was going on with his vocalist and friend. John never acted this way before he met that Sierra girl. As soon as they reached his bedroom, John plopped down onto Pat’s bed and curled up, hugging his legs onto his chest.

Pat sat down on the bean bag across the bed as he watched his friend’s back. “You know, John, you could at least tell me what’s wrong.”

John shut his eyes closed and licked his chapped lips slowly. It tasted salty due to the tears that were there since hours ago. He rolled around carefully, facing Pat who was still intensely staring at him. “She’s fucking engaged.”

“Engaged? Who?”

“Sierra.”, John croaked out. His throat was so dry that it hurts him to speak and it hurt his heart to just say her name. “Sierra’s engaged.”

Pat covered his mouth with his hand because he never thought something like this would happen to his own best friend. “I-I’m sorry, John. What are you going to do?”

“I don’t really know.”, he muttered as he rested his head deeper into the pillow. “She’s engaged to some guy name George.”

“Well, there would be hundreds of George in Arizona.”, Pat mused.

“I love her, Pat, I never felt this way to a girl that I just knew and I made love to. She has this thing on me, like a fucking magnet. I can’t get away from her too far or too long. I need her, Pat.”, tears started to formed in the corner of John’s eyes and he buried his face into the pillow, not wanting Pat to see him this fragile.

Pat’s eyes drooped at his friend, feeling pity and sympathetic at the same time to him. He stood up and walked towards the bed, pulling the covers and covered it on John. John’s eyes started to close as he fell into deep slumber.
**************
“You should be ashamed of yourself!”, Mr. McAllister growled to his only daughter as he paced around the living room in anger. The tension was unbearable and his deep voice echoed against the beige wall of their home. “You came from a dignified family, not a band of prostitutes!”

Sierra looked down to her hands, not believing that her own father called her a prostitute. After her mother caught her red-handed with John and he left her just like that, her parents had been yelling at her like she got pregnant. There was nothing in her mind except John. The look on his face killed her. Agony, pain and surprised drawn perfectly on his orbs, making her heart crimpled every time she remembered about it.

“You have a perfect future with George, good thing he doesn’t know about this, about your ‘relationship’ with your favorite musician! You would be living in the slum if you’re with him!”, Mrs. McAllister’s face was red from the anger as every word slipped from her red lips.

“I love John, mom!”, Sierra finally spoke up. She stood up and her legs were shaking. Her parents’ eyes widened at her action. They never thought their daughters could do that. “I don’t love George, but I love John! He showed me that love means addicting to someone else, and you can’t live without that person!”

Mr. McAllister took a step forward and suddenly, his hand went across his daughter delicate face. Sierra couldn’t believe it that her own father slapped her. “Gordon!”, Mrs. McAllister snapped at her husband for his action.

Sierra bit her lips and ran past them, darting out from their house. She ignored everything behind her and her legs were in a steady pace even though she was wearing wedges. Her black locks blew back as she ran and good thing that the neighborhood was still empty, probably people still on their summer vacation.

When she reached a park, she stopped and controlled her breathing. It was semi-empty, with only kids playing in the playground and their parents sat on the benches near them. Sierra’s head spun around due to the lack of oxygen in her brain.

She walked to the little pier on the side of the lake and kicked off her shoes before dipping her long toned legs into the cool water. The sun burned her exposed back but it felt warm to her. She looked up to the blue bright sky and her lips fell into a frown.

How can her life be possibly any worse? The sky was so blue, that she wanted just to kill herself and fly up to heaven. She closed her emerald eyes and took a deep breath. The air smelled like air-freshener, probably because there were flowers planted around the park.

Then, footsteps against the planks of the pier made Sierra looked back. A guy with shaggy hair that she recognized as John’s friend and band mate stood a couple feet away from where she sat. “Sierra, right?”

She nodded. “Yeah. You’re John’s friend, right?”

He smiled a little before slipping off from his shoes and socks. “Can I join you?”

“Sure.”, she muttered and her eyes looked back to her front. The guy sat down next to her and dipped his legs into the water after rolling up his jeans to his knees.

“I’m Pat, by the way. I need to talk to you about… something.”

“I know what you want to talk to me about. You and his other friends probably thought I’m a cold-hearted bitch that broke John’s heart because I’m engaged to some douchebag that my parents set me up with.”

Pat blinked his eyes twice before pursing his lips into a straight line. “Not exactly.”

“Then, what do you want to talk about?”

“You see, John came by this morning to my house, and yeah, he told me about your engagement to some other guy, but believe me, I haven’t told anyone about that and I didn’t think you’re a cold-hearted bitch. I’m just curious with your side of the story.”

“Oh.”, Sierra looked down to hide the pink bursts on her cheeks. She cursed herself in her mind because she had bad thoughts about Pat and John’s other friends.

“Look, Sierra. I know you love John, and you have to know that John really loves you. He never acted this way when it comes to a girl and he fell for you so hard, I believe you’re ‘the one’ for him. Yesterday at the breakfast, I’ve never seen him so happy to be around a girl and every time he looks at you, he always looks like an idiot. An idiot who’s in love.”

She looked to Pat and bit her lower lip. “How’s he doing right now?”

“Terrible. He’s in my place now, he won’t eat, move or do something. The guys are trying to get him out of my bed, but he won’t let them. Please, Sierra, do something.”

“I-I don’t know what to do, Pat. I’d love to do something for him, but I don’t know.”

“Just tell him that your love for him is real, just be honest to him. Please, Sierra, give it a shot.”

Sierra’s eyes stare into Pat’s and his eyes were pleading. She closed hers and nodded slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the late update,i was busy with school and ATL:D
anyway, hope you guys like this and i'm sorry for the cheesiness,believe me,smut will come!
comment/subscribe?
come on,i'm a sucker for comments!
<3