Status: Woo! Zacky V!

My Little Girl

:Three:

Image
December 11, 1996
4:45 pm


"HOLA MI AMIGAS!" Jimmy yelled coming into the house. I glared at him as I came downstairs.
"Shut the fuck up Jimmy. I just put Brayten down!" I hissed.
"Aw, Zacky is protective of his little girl." he teased.
"No Zacky is tired as fucking hell" I said.
"Zacky must be tired because Jimmy knows that Zacky only talks in 3rd person when he wants to sleep." Jimmy said. I rolled my eyes and hit him with the pillow on the couch. He sat beside me and sighed. I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed.
"So tired." I mumbled.
"Go sleep Zacky. I can make sure Brayten is cared for." he said. I shook my head and heard Brayten's cry again. I got up and went to tend to her, again. I picked her up and rocked.

Please don't be getting sick Bray

"Mom?" I said going downstairs. She looked up as I tried to comfort my screaming daughter, walking into kitchen.
"Something wrong?" She said.
"She won't quite crying." I told her. She took her from me.
"Zacky, go get her stuff. She's burning up, son. We have to take her to the hospital." She said.

My fears are confirmed.

I ran up the stairs to get her carseat and bag. I grabbed Jimmy and the kid and took off for the hospital. I had to take Jimmy because, if I didn't, I was going to be sick myself. I pulled up at the E.R and Jimmy grabbed Brayten out of the carseat and wrapped her up. I parked and we both rushed in. He was trying to calm her down, while at the same time, trying to keep me calm. Lucky for us, the E.R wasn't busy and we were taken back immediatly. They went to run tests on her as I sat beside Jimmy, fucking scared out of my mind.
"Dude, she's going to be okay." he said. I looked at him.
"How do you know?" I said.
"Because, I know." he said. I shoved him playfully.
"I didn't want to admit this, Jimmy. I'm so fucking scared that I won't be a good father to her. She's my world but, I'm scared shitless." I whispered. I was holding back tears.
"Zacky, you realize that you've always been the mature one out of us. You don't go around fucking random girls. You can do this Zacky. You have your mom, dad, your friends. No one, well besides Erica, is leaving you." he said. "You are going to be a great father to that little girl back there. You are only scared of your own reactions to whats happening Zack. She's going to need you so much in the next years. She's your little girl, dude. And you've taken responsiblity for it.". I was crying now. Jimmy had never said anything like that, well at least not to me.
"Jeez." I whispered. "I'm crying like a blabering baboon."
"Crying is natural, Zachary." he said. I glared. No one ever called me Zachary.
"You're going to die." I mumbled.
"I'm sorry. Dude, you should call Erica. She is her daughter too, you know" he said. Right as I stood up.
"Mr.Baker?" a womans voice said.
"Yea?" I said.
"Follow me." she said. I gave Jimmy a nod and followed the woman back. She led me to a office and sat me down.
"Dr. Anderson will be in a couple of minutes. After he explains, I will take you to your daughter." she said.

Shit, Brayten. What's wrong with you
"Ah, Mr. Baker, is it? I'm Dr.Anderson. I'm the specialist for children with diabetes." he said. I only caught 2 words.specialist and diabetes
"What are you trying to say?" I asked.
"Well, we took blood from your daughter, Zachary. We tested her for everything and when it all came back normal, we tested her for diabetes. It came back that she had it. And most likely has since the day she was born. She's going to have this for the rest of her life, but it won't affect her in a lot of her normal activities. She can still be in sports and all of that. She just has to check her glucose levels about 3 times a day and regulate her insulin levels. Which is done by shot. And since your daughter is only a month old, Zachary. You are going to have to all of this for her." he said. I took a deep breath.
"Is she going to be okay?" I whispered.
"Yes. She is. Abby will take you to her now." he said and led me out to where the nurse was waiting. I followed her to the second level and through several doors until she led me into the NICU, where Brayten was being kept. Then she left me, with my little girl.
"Hey, Don't scare me like that kid." I whispered as I rubbed her arm. For the first time, she was staring into my eyes. I kissed her tiny hand and smiled.
"I'm going go call your mommy. I'm going to send Uncle Jimmy in here." I said and walked out. Jimmy had met me right outside.
"Go in and stay with her. I'll explain when I get back. I'm going to call everyone." I said. He nodded and I walked outside. I called Erica first.

-Erica-

I groaned as I rolled over and grabbed the phone. It was 10:30. I checked the caller ID and found his name Zachary James Baker. I was scared. Zacky never called unless it was a emergency.
"Hello?" I whispered. Daddy was asleep.
"Hey. It's Zacky.." He said.
"I know. Whats up?" I said.
"Um, Erica. It's Brayten. I know I just talked to you about her a few hours ago, but, she's in the hospital." he said. I choked on my water.
"Zacky. Whats wrong with her?" I said. Momma looked up, slowly and smiled.
"Well, she wouldn't quit crying, so Jimmy and I brought her to the E.R and they ran tests. A little while ago, they told me that she has diabetes. And most likely has since the day she was born. Erica, you don't know how much I need you here right now." he said.
"Zacky. I will be there as soon as I can. I promise" I said. We hung up and I went upstairs and packed a bag.
"Momma. Can I use your credit card?" I said.
"Why?" she said.
"My baby is in the hospital Momma. She's sick. Zacky's a mess and I need to be there" I whispered. She handed me a card and told me to hold on.
"I'm coming with you" she said. I nodded. 30 minutes later, we were on our way to California. When we landed, we went to the hospital immeditatly.

-Zacky-

I was pacing. When was Erica going to be here?.
"ZACKY!" I heard her voice. I turned around to see her running towards me. I ran towards her and gave her a hug.
"Wheres your mom?" I said.
"She's at the hotel. I missed you so much. How is she doing." she asked me.
"She's great. I get to take her home tomorrow. Come on." I said. We went back to NICU.
"Visiting hours are over. Only family members from here." a nurse told us.
"We're her parents" we said at the same time and went back to see her. I bit my lip ring nervously. As she held Brayten.
"Hey Brayten. It's mommy. I love you baby." she whispered. I smiled.

I'm glad to have you back, Erica Maya.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww..

So, Erica is back. ;D

This whole story is now deicated to anyone who has/knows someone with Type 1 Diabetes.

Almost every woman in my family does. So, I can realate to how Zacky feels.

So Stats?
Comments: 8 (Thats 6 from chapter 2)
Readers: 100+
Subscribers: 26.

Comments + Subscribers = very happy Tori and more updates..

Sooo Comment?

S'il vous plait??