Status: Woo! Zacky V!

My Little Girl

:Five:

Image

November 7, 1999.
8:00 am


Three years ago, Brayten brought joy to my life. Three years ago, I found out I was a father. Three years ago, I took on full responsiblity of that little girl. Here, I am laying in bed on her third birthday. Three years ago was the last I heard from Erica.

I had let Brayten sleep with me last night and now she's curled up against my side. I had to get up and move, my legs were cramping. The problem? Jimmys on the floor beside the bed and Brian's against the door. So I have no choice but to wake Brayten up and get her to help me. I gentlely shook her as she mumbled something. I smiled at her and whispered to her.
"Brayten. Daddy need your help." I said. She perked up at me.
"Uncle Jimmy or Uncle Brian?" I asked. She crawled over me and jumped up on Jimmy. Getting him in crotch. He doubled over in pain and she giggled. I waved my hand at her to go get Brian up. She went up to him and screamed in his ear making him shoot up and grab her.
"You're dead kid" he said and started tickling her. I did get her back from him and went downstairs.
"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked her as she sat at the table.
"Food" she answered.
"Thats not funny Brayten. I'm going let Uncle Jimmy fix it if you don't tell me." I said. She made a face. Let's just say, Jimmy's not the best cook in the world.
"Cereal!"She said as I got the bowl and milk.
"Which cereal" I asked.
"Fwuit Woops" She said She could say a lot of words correct yet but she was getting there. I poured the cereal and gave them to her to eat. My dad came walking downstairs.
"3 years old today" he said as I drank coffee.
"Yep. Doesn't seem that way" I said. He nodded.
"DONE DADDY!" she yelled.
"Okay brat. Let's go get a bath so you don't stink for uncle matty" I said and lifted her up before taking her into her room.
"What do you want to wear?" I asked her. She picked out her clothes and we went across the hall to the bathroom. I gave her her bath and then we went downstairs to find my friends watching T.V. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Braytens bag.
"Ready for school?" I asked her. She nodded. I had made sure her school didn't start until at least ten because her sleeping habits were like Brians. Late nights and late mornings.
"I'm taking Bray to school!"I told the guys. I met Zack on the sidewalk and we watched as our daughters(Breyleigh turned 3 a week ago) walked in front of us.
"3 now huh?" he said
"Doesn't seem like it." I said.
"I know. 3 years ago I was shipped out here because I got Tori pregnant. She moved here a week before me. I remember when she called me and told me. She was crying. Well more like sobbing and she says "It didn't work" and I was like "What didn't work". She told me that she had been sick when we slept together a month before and had been on antibiotics. It messed with the birth-control and she was pregnant. I totally freaked out. And when I told my parents, they freaked out. I was 15, I couldn't be a dad at 15. That and I was supposed to be the "Good boy" in the family. So they shipped me to Aunt Kathy and Uncle Roger. I had to put up with stuckup Shaun for year before I got tired of his attitude and slapped the shit out of him. I made a promise to Tori when I held Breyleigh for the first time that day. That I would marry her when we were 18. And thats what I did. 4 months ago." he said.
"Dude. I'm happy for you. I haven't heard from Brayten's mom since she went back to Texas. She hasn't called or anything. You'd think she'd fucking care about her kid." I said. He shrugged as we helped the girls with their sweatshirts and gave them kisses goodbye.
"I'll see you later Kiddo. Uncle Zack is going to pick you up" I said as she ran off. We started back and I groaned when I got to our house.
"Can I come in?" Zack said.
"Yea." I said. He followed me in and he went into the living room where Jimmy was passed out.
"HUNNYKINS! I'M HOME!" he yelled. I held back a laugh as Jimmy shot up and hit him. Brian pulled him down on the couch and they watched T.V. I walked into the kitchen.
"Hey Mom, Grandma"I said.
"Are you going to pick things up for Braytens party?" Mom asked.
"Yea. As soon as I get dressed" I said. I walked upstairs to get dressed. I put on black skinnys and a faded t-shirt before I slipped on converse and walked downstairs.I got in my car and drove to Wal-Mart. I was going down an aisle when I heard a laugh. Her laugh.
"Fuck, fuck. fuckity fuck." I whispered as I had to go down that aisle to get pizza for my mom. I called Zack on my phone.
"What?" He was laughing.
"Ask my mom how many pizzas to get" I said. I heard mumbling.
"She said a lot. Like 45." he said.
"Okay. You're still picking up Breyleigh and Brayten right?" I said.
"Yep Yep! Bye hunnykins!" He said.
"Bye Sweetcheeks!"I said and closed my phone. I grabbed the pizzas and was making my way down the aisle looking for something..
"Zacky?" I heard Erica say. I turned around.
"It really is you!" she said hugging me. It was awkward.
"Erm. Hi?" I said.
"Oh Zacky. This is my huband, Kris." she said. I smiled. I was so fucking pissed at her. She thinks it's going to be okay that she hasn't called or seen Brayten in 3 years.
"I have to go." I said and started to leave.
"I'll be over at your house later!" she said. I stopped dead in my tracks.
"Uh. No you're not. You haven't called or came to see Brayten for three years. 3 fucking years. It's her third birthday. I'm not going to let you ruin it." I said and walked off. She tracked me down.
"You can't keep me from her!" She said.
"Watch me. You left us Erica. If you ever fucking cared, you would've at least called. It breaks my fucking heart when I'm woken up at night by Brayten screaming for her Mommy. My neighbors, Zack and Tori, they have a 3 year old daughter thats a week older than Brayten. Her name is Breyleigh. They're best friends and Tori is more of a mother to her than you will ever be." I spat at her.
"No one can replace me! I'm her mother."she hissed.
"Not according to our daughter. I have to take on the role as Mommy and Daddy. I'll gladly take you to court over her. I don't really want to, but I will if I have to. Just go away Erica. I'm doing fine without you!" I said and walked off. I went to the toys to get her gift. My mind kept wandering to her. I was going to have to forget her. I had to concentrate on Brayten. 45 minutes later, I was walking into my house with bags and bags of stuff.I was ambushed by Brayten on my 3rd trip in. I finally sat on the couch with Brayten and sighed. Zack and Jimmy soon joined me.
"Man, you look bad. What happened." they said
"Don't wanna talk about it." I said.

But it all honesty, I did want to talk about. I had to talk about it
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter dedicated to: Bryan in Texas..
Dude, I hope the hurricane doesn't eat you!!! JK, I love you Bro!

Okay so I lied.... But Kye's in the hospital and I had this chapter written. HE WILL POST THE NEXT ONE!!!

Soo

Comment??