Rush

xxx

“How about we go for a quick ride?”

The simple words you whispered into our little ears as we settled into our rooms for the night. Eager, and curious as for what was in store, we agreed with a quick shake of our little heads as you walk out to grab the car keys. Our child hands grab sweatshirts and slip on shoes that feel snug on our tiny feet.

The sun as orange and round as the fruit itself was hidden behind distant mountains and a few white bunny tail clouds. The pat pat sound of our feet is the only noise that fills the air, other than the light chirp chirp of robin birds, as we continue towards the car.

We scramble into the one where you're waiting in. It's not yours, but your boyfriends. Silently we understand that he doesn't know about this as you rev the engine before dashing out of the yard.

The park isn't far. In a few minutes we're pulling into the abandoned playground parking lot and you start to smile at us from the rear view mirror.

“Let's have some fun.” You say with glittering eyes. Faster and faster, the car speed starts to accelerate as you continue to do figure eights over and over with the windows down. The wind is whooshing into our ears and blowing our hair into our grinning faces. Our rosy cheeks spread and fill our faces with delight. We barely even feel the car using only two of it's wheels to take the sharp curves of the donuts you make with the tan car.

It didn't matter. We felt alive. We felt the rush from our toes snug in those little sneakers, up to the split ends of our hairs. It was electrifying and free. All it took was a little drive, and a big rush.

And we were free for a little while..
♠ ♠ ♠
it doesn't feel the same
when walking on your two feet again