Status: More Pause than Updates...

Fenced In Hearts

Left Out.

*XAIVER’S POV*

Sighing I fiddle with my new bracelet Aunt Payton had given to me, it was from Samodivas, the ghost and skeleton kingdom.

Furrowing my eyebrows I slip on my glasses, before taking a pen and a piece of parchment, beginning my rough draft for a new story, I just recently finished my last story, rather satisfied with the results.

Unconsciously I ran my hand over said story’s delicate binding, and began writing furiously, starting off with the opening scene, describing the landscaping before narrowing on the protagonist.

I was well into the second chapter when a slam was heard from next door, breaking me from my concentration.

Growling I stand up, about to march into Zimmy’s studio before I feel Kaspien’s soothing presence calm Zimmy down.

Sliding down into my seat I run a hand over my tired face, my eyes scanning over my library.

It was rather massive, basically it was a huge closed off corridor, bookshelves lined the walls, and not a single was left bare. My desk stood near the end of the room, a tall leather chair behind it, in the middle of the room the was a station for me bind and cover the books, coverings differing in material, jewels, scrolls of all the languages alphabets, runes, brushes, stencils, and paints, all were organized on the long table. Further down there was a small sitting area, and everywhere else was covered in papers, and sitting on the floor, because there wasn’t enough room on shelves were columns, piles, and stacks of books.

Pressing a button on my desk, music starts playing and all the candles come to life while the artificial lighting dims, calming instantly I pick up my pen, cross a few things out before get to writing again, losing myself in my own little world.

-X-

I look up at the door, upon hearing a knock, glancing at the grandfather clock; diagonally I
see that it’s almost eight at night, which means that I worked yet again through another meal.

Looking back up I see my father enter my library, wiggling my nose, I shuffle in my seat slightly before inclining my head in greeting.

I found it odd how my brothers and I looked to be the same age as our parents, I mean we looked to be older than Alex and Lucifer, though Kaspien looked to be the younger than father, though all of our parents in actuality afar exceeded our age.

“You missed another meal.” He murmured, taking the spare seat I always had by me.

“I know.” I shrug; it wasn’t like anyone would miss me, though I kept that thought in my head.

“You need to get our Xavier, you can’t stay burrowed up in you library forever.”

I looked at him from the corner of my eye, as I slowly went back to writing.

“Yes I could, and I would if people would stop dragging me out.” I huffed, growing very tired of this conversation, which is one we’ve gone over many times before.

“But don’t you want to get out, go walk around in the gardens or in town, spend time with your brothers?” He nudged my side.

“Father, if I were to go outside I would go explore the world, and take my materials with me, so technically I’d still have a part of the library with me, I’ve already walked amongst the gardens and this kingdom, and I’ve produced stories from the environments, there’s nothing new to inspire anything outside these walls. But sadly I can’t explore until school’s over am I correct?” I question, glancing at him briefly.

He only nods.

“Exactly my point.” I sniff, focusing more on my writing.

“And what of your brothers, you barely spend time with them anymore; I mean you might be around them but you distant yourself.”

I go ridged, before forcing myself to relax, “I spend time with them, just….”

I trail off not knowing where to take my train of thoughts.

Truthfully I feel so different than them, sure I loved then with my whole being, but I was just different than them. I mean they all had their passions but they didn’t let them consume them, my passion consumed me, they all can let loose, even Zimmy, but I just can’t, my child immaturity left me long ago, leaving me far too alone.

“Just what?”

“I don’t know dad! Ok? I just don’t know, can we please get off this conversation?” I beg finally turning towards him fully.

He leans forward bringing me into a hug, before kissing the side of my head.

“I just want you to be happy, that’s all, I know I wear thin on your nerves and I apologize for that but I don’t want to see you so alone, ok?” He whispers.

“Ok dad.”

“Now get your skinny ass up, you need to eat!” he growls yanking me out of my chair and marching me out of my library and into our, my brothers and I, room to get ready for dinner.

Plopping on the bed, I wait as my brothers emerge from their rooms, all changing into more presentable clothes, or in Damien’s case, showering and getting ready all over again.

Once Damien was finally ready we all walked down for dinner, Zimmy and Kaspien front of Damien who was a little in front of me.

Not really paying attention to my surroundings I run into Damien who had stopped to fall back with me.

“You missed lunch.” He casually brings up, though there’s a hint of worry underlining his tone, seeing as I’m known to miss many meals.

“I just got caught up in writing.” I brush off, knowing that for once Damien was about to go into big brother mode.

“Hn. Well no matter, you still need to eat Xavier.”

“I know.” I grumbled keeping my eyes trained on the floor.

He sighed, before wrapping his arms over my shoulder and dragging me into his side.

I welcomed his moment of maturity and caring, and laid my head into his side.

“Damien, you’re being mature.” I pointed out, after a few minutes of walking in silence.

“Are you asking me to stop?” He quirked an eyebrow my way.

“No I’m simply pointing it out, it’s nice every once in a while.”

He only snorted, before ruffling my hair and opening the doors, for all of us.

Walking in we took our seats, I hesitate when it comes to where I sit, by mom, or by Zimmy?

Finally I take a seat next to Zimmy, and our meals come out, as the food flows so does table conversations, Damien’s making Kaspien flush, and Zimmy and I add comments for both sides here and there laughing the whole time.

Once we all finish we all head towards our room though not before Damien calls out: “Please give mom a break tonight so we can sleep!”

Which leads us to run around the castle since our fathers decide to chase us, panting we run into our room, shutting the door and leaning on it to keep them out.

I heft Kaspien further on my back, since halfway in our little escapade he feel and twisted his ankle.

He puts his head on my shoulder, staring at the door while we wait for the banging to stop, eventually our dads got bored and walked away, letting us breathe out a sigh of relief.

“Uh-umm, Xavier, can you come see my new painting?” Kaspien stutters as I let him down.
I smile lightly at the little kitten before shaking my head, “Sorry bud I need to finish up the chapter I was on, maybe another time ok?”

I kissed his forehead on my way to my library where I quickly lost myself in land I was weaving.
♠ ♠ ♠
awe poor Xavier :( <3
don't worry He'll get better haha

hugs.from.holly
Darren Cordeux
rawrrxixeatxyou
Fcuk.Ashley
Cheesecake Freak
HurricaneAdriana
x2
BrokenAlyCat
Atychiphobia.
dn angel
They're all breeders hun, sorry...
Camile Meissen
you had me at hello.
Rainbow. Unicorn.
CaterLynn