Don't Give up Hope

Chapter 10

Image

The clouds were dark today, as if they knew what today was. It was just an ordinary day to anyone else... But not to me.

I didn't feel like being alone today, so I went over to see what Ryan was up to. Maybe he would go with me today?

I took the piece of paper with me, just so I wouldn't have to explain everything to him. It would be easier to just show him.

"Hey, Babe. What're you doing?" I asked, finding Ryan in his back yard with Casey.

"Skating," he said shortly, before taking off on his board again.

I gave Casey a confused look and he just shrugged. "Everything okay?" I asked cautiously.

"Fine."

"Ry, something is obviously wrong," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "You know you can talk to me."

He sighed agitatedly. "You know, I don't need you breathing down my neck. You aren't my mother! So back off."

I stepped backed, a bit taken off guard. "I wasn't trying to pester, Ry. You just seem upset about something."

"Well you are! So, it would be nice if you would just leave me the hell alone. Why don't you just go back home? That'd be great, thanks."

I felt my eyes start to sting, but I wasn't going to cry in front of him. "I hope whatever is bugging you gets solved quickly. I was just trying to help," I mumbled, before walking towards the back gate. I stopped, looking at the piece of paper in my hand. I set it on the patio table, and then headed out the gate.

*Ryan's P.O.V.*

"Dude, you didn't have to be a total ass to her," Casey said. "It's not her fault this is happening."

I sighed, sitting down on my board. "I know."

"Then why were you being so harsh towards her? She was just worried."

"I don't need you to lecture me right now, Casey," I snapped.

He shook his head. "Whatever, Dude. You should at least go and apologize to her."

I knew he was right, but my head just wasn't in the right place right now. My dad and I had gotten into a fight earlier over the most stupid thing. Then, my parents got into a fight, and decided it was time for them to divorce. Yeah, my day was going great.

But, I didn't mean to take it out on Mel. I knew shew as just worried and wanted to help, I shouldn't have snapped at her like that.

"Ry?"

"What's up, Buddy?" I asked, looking over at Kane.

"What's this?" He asked, holding a piece of paper up.

I looked at him confused. "I don't know. Bring it over and let me see." He walked over and handed me the piece of paper. When I read the printed words, I felt my stomach drop. "I'm such a dick," I mumbled, burring my face in my hands.

"What is it?" Casey asked, walking over. I handed him the piece of paper, and he frowned. "You need to go find her, Ry. She needs you more than you need her right now."

I nodded. "I know, but where do I look? I don't even know where to start."

"She's close with Tony, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Call him, maybe he knows."

"That's a start."

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse, I made it worse. What was going on with my family couldn't be even close to what Mel is going through right now. All I knew was that I had to find her and make it up to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm... Wonder what happened? Tell me what you think happened in a comment! :)