Don't Give up Hope

Chapter 11

Image

*Mel's P.O.V.*

After Ryan blew up at me, I decided to head out to Tony's. He was the only one that really knew what was going on, and I knew I would be able to talk to him. I knew my family wasn't going to be any help, so I wasn't going to bother in waisting my time.

"Hey, Mel," Tony said, opening the door. He knew what today was, and didn't bother asking why I was there. He simply pulled me into his arms and held me close. "Have you gone to see him yet?" He asked quietly.

I shook my head, pulling back and wiping the stray tears from my eyes. "Not yet. I guess I'm just too chicken to do it right now."

"You're not chicken, you're just in pain." He frowned, running his fingers through my hair. "Did you ask Ryan if he would go with you?"

I scoffed. "Yeah, but that was a disaster." By now, we had migrated to the living room and sat on the couches.

"Why? What happened?"

I shrugged. "I guess he was in a really bad mood. He was being a jerk when I asked him what was wrong. So, I thought it would be best if I just left."

"Something could have happened to put him in a bad mood. It's not your fault, Mel."

"I know," I sighed. "I just wish I knew what was wrong. It seemed to really be bugging him. He's never been like that towards me."

"Then something's definitely going on. You're probably just going to have to wait until he comes to you." I nodded, knowing he was right.

Suddenly, the door burst open. "Dad! I have a tag along that keeps bugging the shit out of me and wants to see you!" I heard Riley yell through the house, before he walked into the living room. "Oh, hey, Mel. I didn't know you were coming over," he said, surprised to see me. He walked over and leaned down to give me a hug.

"Hey, Riles," I said, smiling softly.

He frowned when he saw the tear stains and no make up. "What's wrong?"

"Riley-" Tony was cut off, before making an oomph sound.

"Now he gets to be your tag along," Riley mumbled, glowering at the man attached to Tony. I didn't recognize him until he started talking.

"Birdman! I've missed you so much!" Bam yelled.

"Bam. Off." Tony was able to let out. When Bam stood up, he took in some much needed air.

"Damn, I don't weigh that much," Bam mumbled, before he saw me. "Mely!" He yelled, throwing his arms in the air, before tackling me. "I haven't seen you in, what? A year or so?"

I laughed lightly. "I guess around there."

"Why do you look sad? I don't think I've ever seen you sad," he rambled on as he frowned.

"It's just not a good day."

"I'd say," he said, sitting back on the couch and crossing his arms. "It's fucking cloudy and depressing as shit outside."

I looked at Tony who gave me an apologizing look. I waved him off and stood up. "I should get going before it starts to rain."

"Be careful, alright? Are you sure you don't want me to go or anything?" Tony asked, concerned.

"I'll be fine," I whispered, my voice starting to shake. I really hated crying. This was really the only time I cried.

"Call me if you need anything. If Ryan's still in a mood, you come back here and stay the night, alright?"

I nodded, giving him a hug. "Thanks, Tony."

"Anytime, Kid."

That's what I loved about Tony. He was a great guy, and you could talk to him about anything, or just goof off with him. He had kids, so he had that parental experience, but was still cool.

When I got back to San Clemente, I knew I couldn't procrastinate any longer. This was going to be hard, that's why I had wanted to put it off as long as I could. Because, I knew when I got there, I might not be able to leave...

*Ryan's P.O.V.*

Tony wasn't answering his phone, and this was the fifth time I had tried to call him. I had tried calling Mel, but her phone was off. I left her a few messages, hoping she would get them soon and call me back.

"I don't fucking know what to do!" I groaned, throwing my phone across the room and flopping against my bed.

"Well, it seems like the only thing you can do is wait," Taylor said, sighing. I had called her over, asking her for some help. "Maybe you should go over to her house and wait for her with some flowers. She likes flowers, right?"

I sighed. "Yeah, and I know exactly which ones to get her." I stood up, grabbed my keys, phone, and wallet before walking down stairs and out to my truck.

When I was on my way back from the store, my phone started ringing. I quickly answered it, seeing that it was Tony. "Tony, please tell me you know where Mel is," I said, trying to push away the panic.

"I know where she is." I felt relief wash over me when he said that. "Do you know what today is, Ryan?" He asked grimly.

"Yeah, I do. And I feel like an ass for the way I acted earlier. I didn't know until after she left."

"Well, I don't know her exact location, but I know she's going to need someone when she gets home. So, just wait for her."

"Alright, thanks, Tony."

"No problem."

I hung up, and waited on Mel's front step until she got home. I didn't care how long I had to wait, I was going to stay here all night if I had to.

Luckily, I didn't have to. When it started to pour rain, I became concerned about her driving in this weather, but she arrived home safely.

When she got up to the front step, I saw that she was soaked to the bone, and not just from walking up the drive way. She'd been out in this rain for a while.

She wasn't expecting to see me, either. Because, when she looked up, her eyes widened in shock, and she tried wiping away her tears.

"Come here, Baby," I said softly, pulling her into my arms. She just cried harder, not caring that she was showing this side of her to me. "Shh, it's going to be okay," I said, trying to soothe her.

"No it's not, Ry," she continued to sob. "My father is dead, Ry. It's not okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Now you guys know what's wrong! :) Did you see that coming?

I totally cut my finger on a box! He attacked me, I swear! I hurts to type now :( But I'm not going to let it stop me :}