Don't Give up Hope

Chapter 13

Image

The next morning, I woke up and Mel wasn't there. Confused, I started walking around the house, trying to find her. Finally, I heard something going on out front.

I opened the front door to see Mel out there... Skating? "Well hello, Sunshine," she laughed, taking in my appearance.

I groaned, running my hand through my hair. "Why are you out here? What time is it?"

"Because I decided I wanted to skate, and it is now nine a.m.," she said, after checking her phone.

"It is way too early for you to be out here skating," I said, shaking my head.

She stopped skating around to look at me, putting her hands on her hips. "And what else would I be doing?"

I walked over and wrapped my arms around her waist. "Hmm, laying in bed with your amazing boyfriend."

"Really now? And why's that?" She hummed, running her fingers through my hair.

"Because you love me." I gave her a cheeky grin, kissing the corner of her mouth.

She laughed, shaking her head. "You're such a dork." She went to pull away, but I held onto her.

"Please come back in with me?" I asked, pouting.

"Nope, maybe later. I really want to skate right now."

Looking into her eyes, I understood why. Skating was her release, just like mine. So, I nodded, letting her go. "I'm going to go take a shower. I'll be out to skate with you in a bit."

She smiled, giving me a quick kiss. "Breakfast is on the counter, by the way," she said, before skating off.

How did she already have time to make breakfast?! She must have been up really early...

*Mel's P.O.V.*

"Hey, Missy. How's it goin'?" Tony asked, walking over from Ryan's house.

I shrugged. "Alright, you?"

He nodded. "What's goin' on?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, giving him a confused look.

He sighed. "You're always laughing, smiling or something. There's just something about you that seems off..." He said, still eyeing me.

I gave him a soft smile. "I'm fine, Tony."

"Well, you're crazy, that's for damn sure," he laughed, sitting on the curb. "Ryan isn't even out here yet, so you're out here early."

"I decided to get an early start today, polish up and some things."

Suddenly, a car came speeding down the street, then came to a screeching halt in front of Ryan's house. If I hadn't of seen the bimbo, I probably would have gotten hit. "Hey, Barbi! Watch where you're going next time!" I yelled, suddenly pissed off at the bleach blond that got out of the car.

"Oh shit," Tony mumbled, his eyes going wide when his eyes laid on hers.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Tony! Long time no see. Where's Ry Ry?" What the hell did Barbi just call him?

"Uh, hey, Brooke... I don't know where he's at. I'm just hanging out with Mel until he shows up. She might know where he's at."

Barbie now acknowledged me, as if I hadn't been there at all. She pulled off her sunglasses and quirked an eyebrow at me. "And why would she know where he's at?"

I looked at her, biting my tongue. "Well, considering he is my boyfriend, I'm pretty sure I'll have a good idea on where he's at."

"Boyfriend?" She laughed like she didn't believe me. "Oh, you're serious?" She kept looking me over. "And why would he even think of dating you and your lack of curves?"

"Oh hell no," I scoffed, dropping my board and about to knock the shit out of her.

"Ryan!" Tony yelled, before grabbing a hold of me, trying to keep me back from Barbie.

"What's going on?" He asked, running out front, his hair still wet from his shower. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Barbie. "Brooke?" He questioned, looking confused.

"Hey, Ry Ry!" She went to give him a hug, but he prevented her from doing so.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

She started to sputter. "Well, I came to see you, Silly."

"And why is that?"

"Because I've missed you!" I could seriously see her stomping her foot right now.

Ryan sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "You need to leave, Brooke. You aren't welcome here, remember?"

"I've apologized to you so many times, Ryan," she whined.

"Well looks like it wasn't enough," Tony snapped. "Now, leave before I let Mel here loose on your ass."

"Please, can we just talk, Ry?" She asked softly now.

He looked at her for a few seconds, making me think he was going to actually fall for it. "Not now, Brooke. You really need to leave."

She huffed, not liking that answer. "Fine! Go be with your curve-less girlfriend!" She yelled, before stomping back over to her car.

Tony let me go, and I turned to Ryan, giving him a What the hell was that? look. He came over and wrapped his arms around me. "For the record, there is no way you have a lack of curves," he said, sliding his hands down to my butt and picking me up. I laughed, shaking my head. He always knew how to make me smile.

But there was one thing for sure, I knew this wouldn't be the last time we would be seeing Barbie...
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit