Don't Give up Hope

Chapter 6

Image

The next morning, I was woken up by Kane. "What're you doing here, Bud?" I asked, smiling sleepily.

"I was sent on a mission." He said, seeming determined.

"For what?" I asked, sitting up.

"Wait here." He said, before walking out of the room. A few minutes later, he came back in with an envelope and red rose.

I looked at him confused. "What's this?"

"Just open it." He smiled.

I gave him one more look, before opening it.

'Hope you liked your wake up call. I'll be there to pick you up at six.

-Ry


"Let me guess, Ryan's using you to be his little helper?" I asked kane, smiling down at him.

He shrugged. "You could say that... Well, later!"

"Hey! You're just gonna leave me hanging?" I asked, pouting.

"Sorry, I gotta do some things."

"Alright, Bud. I'll see you later." He gave me a hug before running off.

For the rest of the day, I tried to busy myself with different things. I unpacked a few last boxes I hadn't gotten to yet, or simply cleaned.

Around two, the door bell rang. Confused, I went to go see who it was.

"Well someone's a busy bee today." Taylor laughed, looking around the house.

"I guess you could say I've been... distracted lately." I said, closing the door behind her.

"Uh huh, I can tell by the way Ryan's been talking about you."

"What?"

She smiled. "He really does like you, Mel. The guys and I can't remember him ever being this happy with a girl. He's been searching for a while."

"Wow." Sure, we'd just met, but Ryan was a great guy. Of course anyone famous had their moments, but he never got lost in them.

After talking with her a little bit longer, I decided to start getting ready. I assumed I should dress some-what nice but comfortable, knowing Ryan.

By the time it was six, I was ready. Ryan was at the front door, waiting.

"Wow, you look great." He smiled, looking me over.

"You're not looking too bad yourself." He smirked, holding his hand out for me to take.

We drove to a small restaurant right on the beach. It wasn't where I had expected him to bring me.

"I figured you didn't want something extravagant. So, I decided a quiet, little dinner down by the beach." He said, pulling out my chair for me, before sitting down himself.

"This is great, Ry. Really." I could tell he was a little nervous, and that was a but amusing.

Through the whole time we were there, I don't think there was a topic we didn't touch, except for part of our family life. He talked about his family when I asked, but not much more. I didn't say a word about mine.

"Come on, there's more." He said, taking my hand in his and we walked out of the restaurant.

He started leading us towards the pier. The sun was about to set as we stood, watching it. "Mel, you're an amazing girl. I haven't been able to find someone like you... Well, ever." I laughed lightly as he got lost in thought, before shaking his head. "Anyways, will you be my girl?" That lopsided grin made me melt.

I smiled, before softly kissing him. "Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Look at the amazing banner The Sickest Chick made me! :) I so happy.