Wildebeests

Help Me Realize

I lifted my arm to find Annese hidden in the lush, green grass. This is where she was most beautiful: In the sunset with the soft wind gently blowing her chocolate curls out of her face, her bright emerald eyes gleaming like the sun, and her skin becoming the most dark it would ever be. Annese was the most beautiful girlfriend a lesbian could have. I was so lucky.

"Hey, Tess," she said smoothly, her voice wrenching my heart out of its cage. She smiled, her smile lighting up the evening. She pushed my straight blonde hair out of my face and looked into my blue, speckled eyes. Whispering sweetly, she told me how beautiful I was in this light. I told her the same, my heart quickening with every shredded breath I took. Her lips curled slightly, begging for me to take a taste.

I leaned forward and kissed her beautiful brown lips as gently as I could, scared that if I pushed any further I would crack her face and she would fall apart. But Annese didn't feel as though it would happen that way. She pushed her lips harder onto mine before dragging her tongue along my own. I felt my heart beating next to hers as she moved on top of me, her breasts lightly touching mine.

After a few blissful hours of sweet love, Annese and I pulled away from each other. "You're so beautiful," I told her with all of my love juice poured into the words. "Why is this so difficult for you to understand, baby? You're beautiful because you're you," she told me. She knew about my self esteem issues I've had throughout my entire life. I'd never had anyone to comfort me with it except for Annese, and usually she did a pretty good job at swaying me.

But tonight I felt like I was tied to the beginning through the end of Hell, except for the passionate moments with my love. "I know," I told her. "You've told me that before. I don't know if I can believe you though. Listen, Annese, I don't really want to talk about this right now, not at this time of night. It's too beautiful, and you're too beautiful to describe. So let's just make this night last, gazing at the beauties that lie in front of us."

Annese put my hand in hers and smiled. I twirled a curl and leaned forward to peck her on the cheek. Keeping my hand embraced in hers, I lay back onto the grass. My head rested next to the tire of my truck.

I wished this night would never end as Annese got on top of my and took off her shirt. I unhooked her bra and she did the same to me. We made love in the grass as the sunset turned to darkness, and the darkness turned back into sunrise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 486