Wildebeests

Pulling Through

I just wished this madness would end, forever. It was hard enough not being able to look into the gorgeous girl's eyes that were landed right in front of me. A bark filled the air and I breathed in the summer mist. Annese was laying in the cloud white bed waiting for me to kiss her, but I couldn't bare to look at her cracking face.

It was as if the light had just scabbed over into a rainbow of darkness and death. My courage ceased as soon as Annese clung onto me as tightly as she did. I had to pretend like everything was alright as my soul wrapped around my heart and squeezed all the blood out.

This was the end, and Annese could feel it as the screams shushed her.

She held my hand and smiled brokenly as the darkness loomed over her, begging to take her with it. Annese resisted for as long as her little soul could take it and finally I closed my eyes as her aura swept through the air and into the shadows.

*****

At the end of the road of grief I felt as though I was dying until one shimmery day when the starry night blue mail truck came zooming into my driveway. I heard the chime ring throughout my small house and saw a mail woman with a heart as big as an elephant walk through the door.

All of a sudden I realized what came over me. Sparks were flying, zipping through the air as I swam in the sea of guilt and sadness that Annese was taken from me, her soul gone forever. It was that maybe there was a future in front of me.

The mail woman took my hand and we spread our wings and soared into the endless sky of dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 306
Total word count: 1,038

I hope you liked it :)