Tears in Vegas

The Past Comes Back To Bite You On The Ass

Jace POV
"Mom, mom, mommie? Mom?" Buffy Summers screamed. The camera flashed over to her obviously dead mother.
I heard Lux gasp and I looked over to where she sat. Luxor was standing up, and an odd look was on her face. When she noticed me looking she said very quietly, "I . . . I need some air."
She ran out of the room and into the hall. Shin looked after her.
"I'm going to go follow her." he said.
I really hope Lux is okay.

Lux POV
I don't know what happened. My emotions took control. It didn't matter that it was the death of a T.V. character. It brought back way to many bad memories.
Memories of my mother, Of my mothers death.
I ran down the hall, I looked for a door. I found one and opened it. I ran up the stairs as fast as i could with my asthma. I ran, and ran, and ran, not ever caring when I heard footsteps behind me.
I pushed the door open and ran to the edge of the roof. I threw myself on the ground. Tears streamed down my face, my chest heaving violently, images flashing behind my eyes. I couldn't take it.
I was about to stand up when I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around me. I was lifted up and set back down onto someone's lap. I bent my head down and let the tears fall.

Shin POV
I held Lux in my arms and rocked her back and forth. After a while her tears died down and she became silent.
"Thank you. " She said in perfect German.
" Your welcome." I said, "Will you tell me what happened?"
She nodded slightly against my chest.
"It's a long story." she whispered.
"I have time." I whispered back.
"I'm a bastard child." she started off. "My parents ran away to Vegas together. They spent a month together in the Luxor hotel. It's shaped into a cat-pyramid-type-thing. My mother had always wanted to go to Egypt."
They went back to Germany when my mom started to get sick. When she went to the doctor and found out she was pregnant, my dad left her. She was seventeen."
"He a note and a ring. The ring has a rose on it. He said it was a promise to come back to her when he was ready to be a father."
She lifted up her right hand and showed me a silver ring with a rose on it. I took her hand in mine and examined the ring.
"When my grandparents found out, they disowned her. She moved in with her sister. Gave birth to me, my aunt had twin boys a few years before. When I was three my mother was murdered."
"She didn't just- die?" I asked.
"No. She was murdered." Lux whispered. "I found her c-covered in blood. Her own blood. There was an investigation. And they couldn't figure out who did it. Nobody knew who my father was. My grandparents wouldn't take me in. My aunt tried for a little while. She got divorced, and fired from her job. She couldn't pay for three toddlers. ?
"I got put up for adoption. I was adopted by the people I live with today. My aunt gave me a bunch of my moms things and her number. She promised that she would always be there."
I've been looking for my dad my entire life."
I hugged her close to me. "I won't let anything happen to you again."

Jace POV

I really hope Lux is alright.
“What happened to Luxor?” Kiro asked in a sad voice.
“She remembered something.” I grabbed the remote and changed the channel to SpongeBob.
“What did she remember?” Strify asked.
I closed my eyes and look a deep breath and thought about what I was going to say next.
“That’s for Luxor to tell. It’s her story. She probably wont be back for a few hours anyway.”
“Why wont she come back?” Kiro asked.
“She will.” I sighed. “She needs to restore herself with caffeine and sugar after what happened. After another episode.”
“Why do you call it an ‘episode’?” Romeo asked.
I was really supprised he even spoke. I mean, yeah he was Mr.Twitter and all, but he hasen’t spoken a word the whole time I’ve known him, neither has Yu.
“Because, once you see it – she her go through it, you never forget it. It’s like the ‘Campfire Song Song’ episode of SpongeBob. You. Never. Forget. It.
“The first time I saw it was when I was nine-years-old and Lux or seven. It’s horrible. She can’t breathe, her body heaves. Every memorie she has ever had floods back into her mind. It is the worst thing you can imagine. It’s worse than the worst parts of ‘Forth Kind’.”
I heard a collective intake of breath.
“That sounds horrible.” Kiro said. “How does she go on?”
“She has to live. To tribute her mother. To find her father. To travel the world.” I shrugged.
“This conversation is too sad and depressing for my taste.” Yu randomly said. “Come on, Romeo. Lets go to the bar.”
Yu left the hotel room with Romeo trailing behind him,
There was a few moments of silence between Strify, Kiro, and I.
“So, what do you want to do?” Strify asked.
“Wanna play ‘Twilight’?” I asked holing up the box and shaking it.
“YES!” Kiro screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
OURFINALFLIGHT'S COMMENTS!!!

I am really sorry for the shortness of this chapter, but I leave in Seventeen days and I really want to get as much of the story up as I can before I have to go so I just put this up. I want to update the rest of my stories, and then this one. So what Im trying to get is all of my stories up to chapter six. So idk. Yeah.
Peace out!!

Comments?
Questions?
Subscribe? (Please?)